R110A on the run

R33WF

stupid question but how did you know where to be and at what time to catch this, by the way nice job.

He might of just ran to em by catching the next (4) train, seeing that trains thar are not in service can sometimes get held for a long time between places. Especially locomotives on the NYCS systemZ.

i actually meant the little model of the R110a they used to have in the transit museum. they had one downstairs by all the real trains. the last time i was at the transit museum was around 98, or 99 and they had it. it was a 2 car model, sayin' how it was the test technology train. if i had pics, i'd definately post em' up here for everyone to see.

<6>

What a throwback.... I wonder if its possible they can restore them to run and assign then to the 42nd St. (S). Probably not but one can dream. It's just good to see them again.

Well maybe the will restore them little by little because when trains have to go to 207 Street and 207 street can not talk them right away the send to Concourse. If we are lucky then 8001-8005 will be moved to join 8006-8010 at Concourse to be possibly restored. If Kawasaki or Bombardier will restore them to make them look like R142s or R142As that would be great. The (MTA) probably would send them to the (2) as that is where they all started out.

Most consumer scanners cannot broadcast; the more advanced radios can transmit and it is illegal to broadcast on frequencies that you are not authorized to.

It is also a violation of federal law to discuss what you hear transmitted.

If Kawasaki or Bombardier will restore them to make them look like R142s or R142As that would be great.

Are you joking? Why would that be great? We have enough R142 and R142A's. They would not be unique if they looked R142/A's. Besides I think the R110s are better looking anyway, but thats my opinion.

• 1 month later...
A little over a month late, but nice solo catch of the R-110A on the move as well as the five videos you caught. Really great photo op over at Grand Concourse...

Thanks

I don't think these 10 cars were ever actually were in service? or were they?The Grand Central / Time Square shuttle would be a great place for them

to run, since they're unlike the R142, of which they were the prototype.

I remember going to 71st Continental Av station to see them and the

B Division R110B train when they were on display. They gave out brochures

which featured both.

I once rode the R110B and only realized it was, when inside. It was when it

was operating on the (A) train.

Archived