Vacation during training and depots

bronxbomber2

Exactly, stick to the abstract. This way you can be truthful and hold back at the same time; however, keep the copy of your abstract in a very safe place so that if the TA says something, you can say that you simply forgot about it because it wasn't on the abstract.

It definitely helps if you had out-of-state violations as a NY driver because out-of-state violations don't appear on your record.

Exactly, stick to the abstract. This way you can be truthful and hold back at the same time; however, keep the copy of your abstract in a very safe place so that if the TA says something, you can say that you simply forgot about it because it wasn't on the abstract.

It definitely helps if you had out-of-state violations as a NY driver because out-of-state violations don't appear on your record.

I was on the DMV website and it says that they only keep things on your record for the longest 4 years unless it was a DUI. DUI's are 10 years I think I am going to go to the DMV monday and ask some questions.

CPBO works out of the College Point Depot in Queens. Now with the new contract and parity with the other bus divisions,they should give the new hires the option to go to any of the 39 depots within the 5 boroughs.

I'm from C PT also and before you wanna come down here look at those options now that we got (A) contract it's only gonna get harder (K)<R>

I kinda figure that but who can remember every ticket they get, The dmv tells you to look at your abstract and mines as to date doesnt have anything on it, so what is a bus hopeful to do.

Exactly,if they want to know the date and time that each violation occurred,that is impossible. I got a red light camera ticket in the mail about 3 yrs ago. I know that they don't take off points on your drivers license. All I can remember was the location and it was during the summer.

I do have my DMV abstract and it is clean,that is all that really matters. I believe they only go back to your last 3 or 4 yrs of driving history. Drive safely out there and always buckle up.

I'm from C PT also and before you wanna come down here look at those options now that we got (A) contract it's only gonna get harder (K)<R>

Nothing against College Point depot but the only MTA Bus depot that I would go if given the option would be La Guardia. I know their bus maintenance is bad but it is the closest depot to my home.

Yae for real....I hear new hires do a year probation and no personal days....and when they go on vacation they only get 40hrs.....not what the run pays.....:eek::eek:

Nothing against College Point depot but the only MTA Bus depot that I would go if given the option would be La Guardia. I know their bus maintenance is bad but it is the closest depot to my home.

If all goes well I am going to try and get into the Spring Creek Depot.

If all goes well I am going to try and get into the Spring Creek Depot.

do Spring Creek only if you want split days off and only 35-40 hrs......College Point is the way to go.....or Laguardia......

I dont have a car is College point easy to get too?

Its not too far from flushing-main street hub, take ethier the Q25 or Q65 northbound and get off at 28th avenue. Spring creek is worst, its basically in the middle of nowhere and the bus routes that go near it (Q8 and B13) run on long headways and the area around Spring Creek Depot is shady at night.

I have a question somewhat off topic, do all Spring Creek drivers get sunday off? I know the depot is closed on sunday I was wondering if SC drivers have to go to Far Rocaway to get an bus to work the B100, or is the B100 on sundays driven by Far Rock B/Os?

Its not too far from flushing-main street hub, take ethier the Q25 or Q65 northbound and get off at 28th avenue. Spring creek is worst, its basically in the middle of nowhere and the bus routes that go near it (Q8 and B13) run on long headways and the area around Spring Creek Depot is shady at night.

I have a question somewhat off topic, do all Spring Creek drivers get sunday off? I know the depot is closed on sunday I was wondering if SC drivers have to go to Far Rocaway to get an bus to work the B100, or is the B100 on sundays driven by Far Rock B/Os?

Closed....means nothing is running!!

Could anyone tell me, at what point during training will you find out what depot you are going to for MTA Bus?[/QUOTe]

the last day of training.....U all will pick by the lowest list number first to the highest.

Ah,so the choice of depot is based on seniority(list). So do you suggest for the students to have at least 2 depots in mind just in case their first choice there isn't anymore open slots?

I would think that the depots with the highest amount of B/O's would have the most slots open,is that always the case? thanks

the last day of training.....U all will pick by the lowest list number first to the highest.

Thanks CPBO for the info, I went for pre-employment today for MTA Bus. Are all of the depots in Brooklyn and Queens?

Nope, one is in the The Bronx (Eastcheaster depot) and another one is in Yonkers (Yonkers Depot).

Eastcheaster depot is a good one, i believe it's the MCI only depot. however, they do have few RTS for training only. the security guard at the entrance is very nice;):tup:

Thanks CPBO for the info, I went for pre-employment today for MTA Bus. Are all of the depots in Brooklyn and Queens?

You are welcome.....no in Queens and Bronx......How did the pre-employment go?

Thanks everyone! It went good I am taking paperwork back tommorrow. I need to give them a abstract from Pennsylvania and I had to get a CDL permit because I have a N2 restiction since I took my road test in a truck.

Thanks everyone! It went good I am taking paperwork back tommorrow. I need to give them a abstract from Pennsylvania and I had to get a CDL permit because I have a N2 restiction since I took my road test in a truck.

I am a little confused,don't you need a CDL permit before you take the road test? Unless you have a CDL A,what type of truck did you take your road test in? Good luck with the pre employment process,just take it step by step.

I am a little confused,don't you need a CDL permit before you take the road test? Unless you have a CDL A,what type of truck did you take your road test in? Good luck with the pre employment process,just take it step by step.

There are different levels of CDL's, they aren't all equal. There are different CDL's for trucks, buses, vehicles with air brakes, etc. Since his CDL is only for a truck, then he will need a permit not only to drive a bus, but also for the air brake restriction. The TA will train him to help pass the test for this particular type of CDL.

When I got my permit I took the tests for general knowledge, air brakes, passenger and school bus. But when I took my road test I took it in a class B truck w/airbrakes. So DMV put a N2 restriction on allowing me to transport up to 8 passengers in a class b vehicle, DMV and driving schools told me i did not need to get another permit that I could just take the road test in a school bus to put those endorsements on my license. But MTA does not allow it the only restiction they will allow on your license is an A3 (medical examiner certificate.) I took everything back yesterday and had my drug test. Just waiting again now.:)

Archived