I Saw A Orion VII NG on the M57 today

Maserati7200

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

I was walking along 57th street around 4:20 PM today and I saw a Orion VII NG on the M57. Is this permanent? Is the M57 going to be all Orion VII NG's? I hope that doesn't happen because I don't want anything other than RTS' on the M57

It won't be all NGs but MJQ is getting 30 for now so expect to see a few on the m57.

The reason is the lack of B/O's who are trained. Most operators on the M16, M21, M22, and M34 routes are already qualified on the NG's. Very few M9 B/O's are qualified. That's why you would rarely see one on the M9. BTW, I saw 3815 on the M21 this afternoon.

most of the M98 B/Os are also qualified, but with the depot having 20 buses now, shouldn't they be training everyone now?

The reason is the lack of B/O's who are trained. Most operators on the M16, M21, M22, and M34 routes are already qualified on the NG's. Very few M9 B/O's are qualified. That's why you would rarely see one on the M9. BTW, I saw 3815 on the M21 this afternoon.

Yea I know, a majority of M9 B/Os prefer the TMCs over the NovaBuses for some reason. Better for me though, I can catch them before they go to MTA Bus ( what a messed up move... ) 3820 was on the M9 today.

For B/Os to be fully qualified for one line, that takes about six months tops, count how many buses per route and so on and you'll get your answer, my uncle told me how when he was trained, it took the M7 operators 7 1/2 months to get fully qualified & 5 months for the M1 operators for the Orion VII OG Hybrids, considering that they were getting a good amount of them. Artic buses is usually four months at most, then line training along the route with turning and all that good stuff.

I'll take your word. They began training M14 operators in December of 2003 in anticiapation of placing them in January 2004. At the beginning, I saw mostly 10xx D60HF's on the M14.

Then again, for the artic buses, it depends on the routes as well. The M15, 101/102/103 was a bit more than 4 months. The Bronx must have been even more than that.

Yea I know, a majority of M9 B/Os prefer the TMCs over the NovaBuses for some reason. Better for me though, I can catch them before they go to MTA Bus ( what a messed up move... ) 3820 was on the M9 today.

I saw the same bus on the M9 yesterday around 4:40 and 5:15-5:20 going both ways in Lower Manhattan.

I am glad that the 8600's are finally moving out! They did their time in Manhattan and they deserve a change of scenery for once! LGA don't deserve it however I find it interesting that they are @ FR and I know FR will keep it in good shape.

No depot deserves the 86xx RTS' at MJQ. The 86xx RTS' belong at MJQ. Not at LGA and FR. Those depots will make those buses run like crap in two months.

I be honest that the FR buses are not all that crap. A lot of their RTS's are still running and looking good if you ask me. LGA don't deserve the 8600's as I notice different types of problems with each year series of RTS's over in LGA.

I would've thought that they could have sent those buses over to West Farms, seeing as they have a shortage atm. As long as they dont go to JFK, im happy. When I was fanning with Curtis and the other fellas this past week, we saw a Q11 hybrid from JFK with the left rear lights hanging from the bus.....the entire panel with the lights were barely hanging....the bus made a rough turn onto woodhaven and it looked like it was about to fall right off.

LGA doesnt deserve the buses. Far rockaway can use some, seeing as they have been taking care of their buses recently.

I would've thought that they could have sent those buses over to West Farms, seeing as they have a shortage atm. As long as they dont go to JFK, im happy. When I was fanning with Curtis and the other fellas this past week, we saw a Q11 hybrid from JFK with the left rear lights hanging from the bus.....the entire panel with the lights were barely hanging....the bus made a rough turn onto woodhaven and it looked like it was about to fall right off.

LGA doesnt deserve the buses. Far rockaway can use some, seeing as they have been taking care of their buses recently.

NO WEST FARMS! sorry for yelling that but WF's shortage is self caused. They keep whitebacking all those damn CNGs, so they need more buses while they're in the paint shop. If they stopped the repaints they'd be fine.

You can't deny a depot buses because some of the ones they have are in a state of disrepair. JFK is doing a lot better than when Green Lines ran it and LGA is doing slightly better than Triboro did

Then how did it take Gun Hill a month and a half to train all the Operators on the NG's?

It didnt take Gun Hill a month and a half to train all those operators, it took them much much more longer since operators who worked artic routes were also trained for those buses as well. Hence why nowadays there are NGs on the Bx5 and Bx12 lines (Bx12 cause of local ridership falling, no longer and artic warrant route.

Well JFK does not bad with taking care of their buses. Some look rough then others. At least it's better then back in the GBL days where their RTS looked like it was ready to just come falling apart as a whole! From what you saw, it sounds like it has hit something hard enough for it to be the way it is! At least JFK try not to pull out buses that are beat up in a certain way!

I'm surprised the O7 NG's out of LGA don't look beat up already as I remembered when the 3700's where brand new, I rode 1 on the Q23 that was only 1 1/2 Month Old and it sounded like all the poles on the bus just want to come down!

I agree about FR. FR has come a long way as that depot was 1 of the worst back in the PBL days. I look forward to getting a fast ride on a 8600 in the Rockaway's

Archived