R110A @ Grand Concourse Yard + Extras

mark1447

They did run in service on the (2) line in the late 90s. I rode it from TS to flatbush ave.

well i didnt know, thanks for telling! I was too young. All I remember was seeing it at 14th St heading to Flatbush. I did ride the R110B of course. I might of been on a R110A just cant remember..

Did the 130/131s have Automated Announcements? I read R110A, not sure about 110B...

well i didnt know, thanks for telling! I was too young. All I remember was seeing it at 14th St heading to Flatbush. I did ride the R110B of course. I might of been on a R110A just cant remember..

Did the 130/131s have Automated Announcements? I read R110A, not sure about 110B...

I honestly don't remeber if it had automated Announcements. All I remeber is seeing it pull into 42nd st and bits and pieces of riding it. I also remeber the red seats and lights color inside the car was slimar to the R160.

I honestly don't remeber if it had automated Announcements. All I remeber is seeing it pull into 42nd st and bits and pieces of riding it. I also remeber the red seats and lights color inside the car was slimar to the R160.

red seats? You mean the seat design?

yeah, it had automated announcements. it was a female, idk who it was though.

<6>

yeah, it had automated announcements. it was a female, idk who it was though.

<6>

might of been a computer announcement lol? I doubt a personality would be within the 110NTTT. R142 and later yes.

Facts about the R110A/B:

Both trains came in in 1992.

Both trains saw revenue service 110A on the 2 and some 5 trips 110B on the A and when 3 cars were scrapped saw service on the C

Both had automated announcements. Bith a female voice. the 110B's announcements were slower.

the 110A had seat colors of red blue and yellow depending on the car.

now i too have noticed that except car 8009, the new MTA logos are on the cars. is this a hint of their future????

Facts about the R110A/B:

Both trains came in in 1992.

Both trains saw revenue service 110A on the 2 and some 5 trips 110B on the A and when 3 cars were scrapped saw service on the C

Both had automated announcements. Bith a female voice. the 110B's announcements were slower.

the 110A had seat colors of red blue and yellow depending on the car.

now i too have noticed that except car 8009, the new MTA logos are on the cars. is this a hint of their future????

The R110A are the NTTT= New Technology Test Trains, which were prototypes for the future of NTT. R68A was the last of the New car trains for the OTT.

In 1989 the (MTA) had a contact with the builders to build em. R130 for R110A. R131 for R110B.. The info u said is correct. Although in 97 they got booted off the system cuz of break problems and other crap. It was on the NY Post..

As for the T/A Logos. Those been there for a few yrs. That doesnt mean a future will come. They just updated the old 90s logo..

someone's done their homework! LOL The NTTT's were designed and built as prototypes. designed outside of MTA's New Car Engineering department. The 110A was Kawasaki's and the 110B was Bombardier's

the 110B's saw trouble when providing service into rockaway. Word has it that on its first test past liberty jct it caught fire. afterward it did see limited Rockaway service.

the 110A just seemed to be breakdown prone. i saw the 110B in service more that the 110A. it even outlasted the 110A by seeing service on the C line in the late 90's after retiring 3 cars for parts for the other 6. it was a sad sight though. the train wasnt programed for the C so the signs read "C Listen to announcement" and the acuall announcements were made by the C/R

someone's done their homework! LOL The NTTT's were designed and built as prototypes. designed outside of MTA's New Car Engineering department. The 110A was Kawasaki's and the 110B was Bombardier's

the 110B's saw trouble when providing service into rockaway. Word has it that on its first test past liberty jct it caught fire. afterward it did see limited Rockaway service.

the 110A just seemed to be breakdown prone. i saw the 110B in service more that the 110A. it even outlasted the 110A by seeing service on the C line in the late 90's after retiring 3 cars for parts for the other 6. it was a sad sight though. the train wasnt programed for the C so the signs read "C Listen to announcement" and the acuall announcements were made by the C/R

lol you too! :P

BTW what would of happened if the NTTT passed. Im just saying.. Would there have been orders of more R110s? Or they just become retireed and new cars take over like today

(BTW for the rest of you who didnt know! R110A became the R142, R110B became the R143, with a little mix of R142 in it :) )

lol you too! :P

BTW what would of happened if the NTTT passed. Im just saying.. Would there have been orders of more R110s? Or they just become retireed and new cars take over like today

(BTW for the rest of you who didnt know! R110A became the R142, R110B became the R143, with a little mix of R142 in it :) )

actually the 110s were never ment to "pass" or "fail". They were to try out and test new components. both sets had different features. The 110a didnt become the 142 nor did the 110b become the 143.

the plan with the prototypes(which in actuality all they really were) was to try out features, get passenger feedback, get operational and matainence feedback, and then get to the drawing board with the next fleets. the products from the combination of the successful components 110s became the 142s and 143s. 110s were never ment to be the next fleet as is.

actually the 110s were never ment to "pass" or "fail". They were to try out and test new components. both sets had different features. The 110a didnt become the 142 nor did the 110b become the 143.

the plan with the prototypes(which in actuality all they really were) was to try out features, get passenger feedback, get operational and matainence feedback, and then get to the drawing board with the next fleets. the products from the combination of the successful components 110s became the 142s and 143s. 110s were never ment to be the next fleet as is.

I see it was just a test. And my bad on the R110 becoming R142/143. Although the R110 did helped in the formation of NTT in the T/A.

in high school i studied those trains fully. even met some of the engineers from new car engineering who i wound up meeting again a few years later when i became an intern. i was about 15 when those trains first went into revenue. the 110B was my favorite of the 2.

in high school i studied those trains fully. even met some of the engineers from new car engineering who i wound up meeting again a few years later when i became an intern. i was about 15 when those trains first went into revenue. the 110B was my favorite of the 2.

you want to a Transit HS?

Does anyone think that the 110A's are going to return to the (2)<5> full time after some form of overhaul either right here at Conocurse or at CIY? I hope so, because I was too young to ride either the R110A or the 110B when they first came out and would kill for a chance to do so now.

Archived