Conductor exam 8094

r.lebron

hey yall i took the conductor test back in dec 06 i know i have a long way to go b4 i get called back cuz i got like 7 wrong, i wanted to know if there is any thing i could do to speed it up or apply for something to get me in the door.

hey yall i took the conductor test back in dec 06 i know i have a long way to go b4 i get called back cuz i got like 7 wrong, i wanted to know if there is any thing i could do to speed it up or apply for something to get me in the door.

You should have taken the last conductors test last year or the train operator test 2 weeks ago. There is nothing you can do to speed up the process and with 7 wrong on a conductors test you may not get called, a decent amount of people usual get hundreds on those tests. Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i took exam 8094 conductor and 8098 for train operator they both was real easy...the bad news is we got to wait like a year or 2 to get called...

I took conductor exam 3014 back in 2003 (I believe) and was first called in for a medical/interview in Oct 2008. Took a drug test and never heard from the mta again until July 09 (because of hiring freeze) when I was recalled for the medical/interview.

I took conductor exam 3014 back in 2003 (I believe) and was first called in for a medical/interview in Oct 2008. Took a drug test and never heard from the mta again until July 09 (because of hiring freeze) when I was recalled for the medical/interview.

i know that freeze messed up everything but the good news they need alot of people alot of people are retiring..

• 3 weeks later...
Hey

I am sorry to burst any bubbles but to get in for conductor you need to get 3 wrong or less. this is super competitive. So if you get more than 3 wrong chances are nil of getting called.

i dis agree its alot of people retiring this year and next year...

Hey

I am sorry to burst any bubbles but to get in for conductor you need to get 3 wrong or less. this is super competitive. So if you get more than 3 wrong chances are nil of getting called.

How do you know how many C/R's the TA is going to need to hire from any list? The C/R title is one of the fastest moving titles with the most turn over in the TA. There is at least 90% more turn over for C/R's than for T/O's. This is for a few reason like more promotional opportunities, promotions much more often, very low starting pay, ect.

Hey Jah,

I really hope so I was on the last C/R list and I got 6 wrong they didnt even get close to my # they only hired 2824 C/R out of 21729 eligibles. Just food for thought even if a lot are retiring the conductor force is only so big. I got 5 wrong on the new C/R exam . sorry to be so negative but it just seems dim for me and alot of other guys

Marc

Hey Jah,

I really hope so I was on the last C/R list and I got 6 wrong they didnt even get close to my # they only hired 2824 C/R out of 21729 eligibles. Just food for thought even if a lot are retiring the conductor force is only so big. I got 5 wrong on the new C/R exam . sorry to be so negative but it just seems dim for me and alot of other guys

Marc

If you're correct that they hired almost 3,000 C/R's from that test I say that is more than sufficient. If your list number is over 3000 you shouldn't expect to be called for any civil service job. If you do get called with extremely high list numbers that is great but you shouldn't expect it is what I am saying.

For myself I used to take all the tests thinking if my list number is over 1000 I will not be called.

Jah

thats exactly what I mean if you dont score 96 you will not get a list # 3000 or lower. In the old days you could have gotten as low as 84 and get hired . Those days are long gone unfortunately. I have a friend who scored a 98.5 on the T/O and she didnt get called yet with only 1 wrong!

Jah

thats exactly what I mean if you dont score 96 you will not get a list # 3000 or lower. In the old days you could have gotten as low as 84 and get hired . Those days are long gone unfortunately. I have a friend who scored a 98.5 on the T/O and she didnt get called yet with only 1 wrong!

I know a few guys that came onto the job from the first open competetive T/O (jan. 2000) test which still to this day had the most people take it and they had file numbers under 2000 and they scored under 96. If your friend only got 1 wrong on the T/O test and she didn't get called there was a mistake or she was skipped because they have been hiring from that test for a couple of years now. I'll use myself as an example I have taken many TA tests in my life and I have never gotten only 1 wrong and yet I have never had a 4 digit file number.

These are facts unlike what you are posting.

Archived