R62 Question

ctrain

1. why would not R62 will not be rebuilded?

R62 have scrath mark ?

R62 should have 20 years warranty. so later it on will be rebuilded.

by this year or 2010.

Rebuilded R62A might look ugly. but it need to be rebuilded.

(NYCT) should have capital plan of 2009 - 2010 that

R62A - R62 need to be rebuilded.

1. why would not R62 will not be rebuilded?

R62 have scrath mark ?

R62 should have 20 years warranty. so later it on will be rebuilded.

by this year or 2010.

Rebuilded R62A might look ugly. but it need to be rebuilded.

(NYCT) should have capital plan of 2009 - 2010 that

R62A - R62 need to be rebuilded.

There is not GOH program because of SMS. Every few months or years (I forget which) the trains go to the shop and get a complete going over of everything. There is no GOH program because the TA not "maintains" its fleet. The GOH program was needed for older cars because during the 1960's,70's, and 80's were not maintained at all and were in major disrepair. All cars from the R62 up will not be rebuilt because there is not need for that as the cars are being properly maintained. As far as I know there. the only warranty on subways cars that I know of are on the NTTs. I know that R143 cars that were involved on a wreak were sent back to the builder.

There is not GOH program because of SMS. Every few months or years (I forget which) the trains go to the shop and get a complete going over of everything. There is no GOH program because the TA not "maintains" its fleet. The GOH program was needed for older cars because during the 1960's,70's, and 80's were not maintained at all and were in major disrepair. All cars from the R62 up will not be rebuilt because there is not need for that as the cars are being properly maintained. As far as I know there. the only warranty on subways cars that I know of are on the NTTs. I know that R143 cars that were involved on a wreak were sent back to the builder.

Cars are brought in for periodic inspection based on an estimated mileage calculation having to do with the routes they serve, so the longer the routes the more frequently they are brought in. I forget the exact number of miles but I think it results in E180th bringing in their (5) cars for inspection every 66 days or so, and the (A) cars get serviced every 40 or so days...those are two figures I'm familiar with not sure about the rest.

Full blown SMS for a whole fleet is less often.

If I recall, the last time the B Division 60-foot SMEE's got a full blown SMS was in 2003.

I can tell you for sure that the R32's got theirs in 2000. I know because if you look on any window in the car there is text on the the lower right corner of the window saying the month and year it was installed. On most R32's I checked it was July 2000.

Archived