Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
DJ MC

Arnines & R10 question

When I was last on 1000, it had no floor. Expect it to be out for a while longer.

There are two R10s remaining. 3184 which is intact and operational, and 3189 which is neither and needs some work.

I wonder why 3184 hasn't been used yet?

Nothing to run it with that's historically reasonable and not too modern. Unless of course they hook it up to the TOMC and run over the B division :) Bring your platform gap fillers :P. (Not happening)

Thanks everyone! It really sucks that only 20/1703 Arnines survived let alone 2/400 R10s surviving.

Remember: THe R10's were run into the GROUND (in some cases literally heh) before they left service. In many cases, there wasn't much left to "save". Some people on this forum go nuts when an MDBF is reported under a hundred thousand miles, saying those cars are "junk" and need to be removed immediately cuz they are a danger to public health and all that rah rah stuff.... But remember... well the worst performing R10's had MDBF's that were under ONE thousand miles

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/CRB43) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

If you want an R10 to run with R1-9's, you use 1575, which is an R7 rebuilt to look like an R10.

Guys I do feel sorry for bringing this thread up again, but I've had this idea that sounds crazy in my head for a long time and now it time for me to say it. Would it be possible to build these cars from scratch?

If your talking about rebuilding R1-R9s, that cant happen as these cars are using parts that no longer exist.