No A/C on Triboro Buses?

Bracamonte

I noticed in many pics of Triboro Coach during the summer season, many buses had their windows open because the A/C wasn't working. Did a majority of buses (mostly the GMC's), had broken A/C?

Triboro coach was very notorious for poor maintenance and most for the GMC RTS were in bad shape and since they were going to retire soon they didn't brother fixing the A/C.

I gotta tell you it's been awhile but I remember having no A/C on those buses ,with full loads of people sweating bullets .Triboro has our old RTS and those A/C never was at full power .I never did understand why we had to take out (A) bus with no A/C on A very hot day I know they wanna make service but I really feel that it is (A) safety issue . (K)<R>(NYCT)

Triboro coach was very notorious for poor maintenance and most for the GMC RTS were in bad shape and since they were going to retire soon they didn't brother fixing the A/C.

The same thing could be said about the GMs at Green Lines. It's no wonder why the ex-JB fleet and ex-QSC RTSes were spread out the way they were.

Archived