45 minutes at Hoboken with the new camera!

metsfan

This is about all my camera's 48 megs of internal memory could hold.

P6180003.jpg

P6180004.jpg

P6180005.jpg

P6180006.jpg

P6180009.jpg

P6180010.jpg

P6180011.jpg

P6180013.jpg

P6180018.jpg

P6180019.jpg

P6180020.jpg

P6180021.jpg

P6180022.jpg

P6180023.jpg

P6180024.jpg

P6180025.jpg

P6180026.jpg

P6180027.jpg

P6180028.jpg

P6180030.jpg

P6180031.jpg

P6180032.jpg

P6180034.jpg

P6180035.jpg

P6180036.jpg

P6180037.jpg

P6180038.jpg

P6180039.jpg

P6180040.jpg

P6180042.jpg

P6180044.jpg

P6180045.jpg

P6180046.jpg

It stopped raining for a while, then as you can see in the 2 photos, it was just absolutely pouring. Add debris laden runoff to high tide, and the hudson wasn't looking so hot. No photos of that. :P :cool:

I'm waiting for a Micro SD to xD adapter (MASD-1) to come from J&R because the camera was supposed to come with one in the box, and you can't really buy them anywhere that i've looked separately, since olympus and fuji are the only companies using the adapter or xD format.

When i get that adapter, and the july rail pass, you will see new and better photos that aren't hindered by lack of storage space. Sorry for the gap, but teh (A) is back! :):cool::eek::tup:

- A

in the 8th pic....is that a metro north car attached to a nj transit car??

Yep, happens all the time, nothing unusual or special. I believe that lone car out in the rain is another cab car for backup also.

Love my Geeps!:tup:

I got to see 3 of them, a pl, and a cat pull out! :cool:

Nice pics of those locos I really like 4015 (K)<R>

Ewww, i don't like the PL42AC. Boring. :P

- A

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Awesome job on those pics! Hope you enjoy your new camera and photo ops!

Thanks! I love it! :cool: :eek:

Nice!

Camera model?

Olympus SP565UZ. My old one which was stolen at newark Penn was the older SP560UZ. I really love this new camera, I just wish I had the memory card adapter so I could get a better feel for it's capabilities and actually do us on getting shots vs watching the memory counter. Will have that by this Friday i believe. :P

- A

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Nice Shots:tup::tup:.

No, not going to happen.

Thanks (:P! Will get more asap!

And yea, Hoboken terminal will get ferry service with tishman effectively completing the renovation/restoration this summer. The old ferry ramp is all that is left to be fixed up for that to happen. Aside from restoration works the terminal will never

see high level platforms. They have one or 2 wheelchair lifts per platform that work great. Plus, the terminal only connects with PATH and HBLR. If they need to go on a Hoboken train they can catch it at broad street, secacus.

They have one or 2 wheelchair lifts per platform that work great. Plus, the terminal only connects with PATH and HBLR. If they need to go on a Hoboken train they can catch it at broad street, secacus.

That's what I meant. I forgot to be specific.

Thanks guys! :(

Yea, seeing the multilevels so close to the catenary made me wonder if they turn it off on a track by track basis... I've seen them on track 13, 12, 15, 16, and 17/18. The one on track 15 was 4 cars the rest were at least 5. That day a set pulled in and one (the one I got photo of) pulled out.

- A

Lucky you; those shots are excellent! Oh I saw Lower Hack opening for the first time just 2 hours ago around 12:30. The lights on the towers were brightly lit and it looked as if a massive ship went by. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera, and it's rare enough that Lower Hack ever opens especially on a calm weekend night.

Lucky you; those shots are excellent! Oh I saw Lower Hack opening for the first time just 2 hours ago around 12:30. The lights on the towers were brightly lit and it looked as if a massive ship went by. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera, and it's rare enough that Lower Hack ever opens especially on a calm weekend night.

Thanks! One time i was at newport when they opened Dock, i was so furious, i wanted to hop on the next train & go & see but the whole red line was halted.

Nice photos Andy.

Is Hoboken a friendly place to 'fan?

Thanks! :(

Yes, it's very, very cool. I've gone there tons, and it never gets old. If you're in NYC and want to get there i suggest either WTC-HOB line or you can get off at 9th st on (MTA) and hop on over to the nearby PATH station, shorter ride, only 2 stops christopher st & newport then hoboken. Christopher street PATH station is hard for me to find and i've used it 15 times via (MTA) nearby. The line dead ends at hoboken, not a loop or anything so you don't have to worry about that. WTC however is a loop.

- A

I would not say Hoboken is a friendly place to fan...there are railroad cops all over the place, many higher ups on the food chain, and crew walking around. You could have a problem with any one of them. The only other person I know who goes up there on a regular basis has some friends there and pretty much could be the boss;). I would be careful going there. I'm not saying don't go but here are some ground rules. Don't walk past the end of the shed unless you have been given permission, don't walk into the yards and always be safe.

Thanks! One time i was at newport when they opened Dock, i was so furious, i wanted to hop on the next train & go & see but the whole red line was halted.

The opening of Dock must've been extremely interesting and rare as well! Was PATH to Newark not running either?

I would not say Hoboken is a friendly place to fan...there are railroad cops all over the place, many higher ups on the food chain, and crew walking around. You could have a problem with any one of them. The only other person I know who goes up there on a regular basis has some friends there and pretty much could be the boss;). I would be careful going there. I'm not saying don't go but here are some ground rules. Don't walk past the end of the shed unless you have been given permission, don't walk into the yards and always be safe.

It seems other people have had bad luck at hoboken w/ police & (NJT) workers. I guess i've gone enough times that they generally leave me alone. A good marker to stop on each platform is the tactile edge strips, which actually make a ] shape at the end of where most trains sit (the edge strip crosses the platform vs being just on the track edge). If you want to be more adventurous, notify station office first, and don't go into the yard areas. I've been beyond the platform boundary areas, but only to get roll out shots & video. If you plan to go out there, stay in one spot, and keep your camera visible. If anyone asks just tell them the truth you're railfan just getting photos, listen to what they have to say, if they ask you to stop, tell them you're going to check w/ the station office manager to double check & be polite in tone.

The opening of Dock must've been extremely interesting and rare as well! Was PATH to Newark not running either?

The red line is the nwk-wtc line, only trains going to/from newark are affected by Dock activity.

Nice photos, those diesels are really loud.

Thanks!

Yea, i love it. Part of the draw is to see those huge old beasts in running idle a few feet way from me. When they rev down it's more just loud vs rumbling, with all the HEP units running. Some seem louder than others of the same model.

- A

Archived