45 minutes at Hoboken with the new camera!

metsfan

The only place out side of the shed you can go is the yards and those are off limits. Don't bother notifying anyone about that as they will laugh at you. Whatever you do, do not go on Track 18. That is off limits stick to shooting 18 from 17 or the path to the light rail. Its not going to matter right now though as 18 is out of service per info from "the boss":p(i know you read this). I really stay away from the Hoboken routes except for BH and a few trips here and there on the other lines, excluding M&E and MBL Midtown stuff that stuff sucks always an ALP and ML's or Comets.

The only place out side of the shed you can go is the yards and those are off limits. Don't bother notifying anyone about that as they will laugh at you. Whatever you do, do not go on Track 18. That is off limits stick to shooting 18 from 17 or the path to the light rail. Its not going to matter right now though as 18 is out of service per info from "the boss":p(i know you read this). I really stay away from the Hoboken routes except for BH and a few trips here and there on the other lines, excluding M&E and MBL Midtown stuff that stuff sucks always an ALP and ML's or Comets.

You should come up to the terminal during the first 30 minutes of peak hours, it's incredible. Stand out on the end between track 8 & 9, get a good 15 trains moving. :cool: I guess like i said i'm up there often enough for them to know who i am, i talked to the work supervisor several times, was a nice guy allowed me to take photos of some very old clunkers away from an area where they were working on the canopy, but in the cordoned off zone.

(NJT) knows people come there to photo the trains, i see other folks with cameras all the time, but never the same person twice. I'm very serious about photography, it's an integral part of my life, and i'm very into trains, and it's so easy to get to, so i'm always going to take up a chance to visit if i have time. :D

If anyone wants to go up there with me some time that might work better since i've been (NJT) railfanning for several years now & have come to a general understanding of what you can and can't do that has kept me out of any confrontations.

- A

My bad, I thought that you meant the NEC as the current timetable is red.

Yes, :nec:, :njc:, and :rvl: operations are affected, as well as PATH red line, and amtrak. A lot of trains use Dock, it may be one of the bussiest trains per day spot on the NEC.

- A

If anyone wants to go up there with me some time that might work better since i've been (NJT) railfanning for several years now & have come to a general understanding of what you can and can't do that has kept me out of any confrontations.

I'll take the proactive step of suggesting a trip for sometime in the future...:cool:

About the Lackawanna Freight Terminal (The long warehouse-like building with the red words Lackawanna on the top), is NJT planning to restore it, sell it off, or demolish it in the future?

Where is this exactly? I imagine if it were to be demolished it would have been by now.

- A

About the Lackawanna Freight Terminal (The long warehouse-like building with the red words Lackawanna on the top), is NJT planning to restore it, sell it off, or demolish it in the future?

They don't own it. Some company owns it and it seems to still be used for freight. It say Lackawanna on the side so its not that hard to miss:).

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Hmm, I'll have to look for it online since I don't drive. :cool:

- A

You can see it from the Terminal and the HBLR but anyway go to Bing(I hate saying that btw) Maps and do an Aerial right near Hoboken Terminal look for the intersection of Jersey Ave and 16th streets along with Grove and 16th. Lackawanna can still be made out on the roof.

Hope this helps.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Oh ok yea that building I believe has nj landmark protection. Notice the tracks are still there. Same with communipaw at LSP. Not sure what Hoboken terminal is covered by, but I am pretty sure it's not the same.

- A

They don't own it. Some company owns it and it seems to still be used for freight. It say Lackawanna on the side so its not that hard to miss:).
It's quite interesting b/c Conrail also severed its connections from Hoboken yard. You can see that there is one side on each side (north+south) of the terminal that ran east to Hoboken yard (now Staples)

It's quite interesting b/c Conrail also severed its connections from Hoboken yard. You can see that there is one side on each side (north+south) of the terminal that ran east to Hoboken yard (now Staples)

Yea, the line could in theory be re-connected to the west, but only if they thought it was a good investment, it would cost a lot to refurbish the trestle & build new to the existing line to the west there avoiding HBLR.

- A

Archived