5 to Flatbush really happening?

Abba

I went on tripplanner tonight to type in a travel plan from Wall street to Nevins on June 29th. And it showed the (5) train as an option at one in the afternoon. It shows that it runs every 8 minutes along with the (4) train. So is this a proof that i'ts really happening?

Thats not proof, the (5) Runs during AM(6 to 10AM to BK)/PM RH(1:55PM to 8:45PM to Bk) With White Plains Rd Exp peak during this time (AM from Manhattan|PM from Manhattan).

Midday would be around 10AM. So no not yet. Plus i checked around 11AM and still shows the (4)

What im wondering is when the (5) will go on Middays, they said June 2009, but i guess no official date. Of course we know the (G) heads to Church on July 5th, but thats a diffrent topic...

The (5) will run from 6:06 am 'til 8:29 pm from Flatbush Ave-Brooklyn College Monday-Friday starting 6/29/09. Our pick goes in effect on Sunday 6/28.

Thanks for the Update! (MTA) should inform the public. BTW Pick as in Summer time right?

This is going to be interesting. I wonder what's going to happen when the work on Livonia starts again (it ends this Friday). They're going to need Utica to turn the (3), which means Atlantic will have to turn the (4), so then what happens to the (5)? Maybe they'll turn the (5) at Atlantic too...we'll just have to wait and see.

This is going to be interesting. I wonder what's going to happen when the work on Livonia starts again (it ends this Friday). They're going to need Utica to turn the (3), which means Atlantic will have to turn the (4), so then what happens to the (5)? Maybe they'll turn the (5) at Atlantic too...we'll just have to wait and see.

What's the problem ? (5) local from Nevins St to the "bush" and back. Or, knowing how the head honchos (don't) think, they'll turn the (4) at Bowling Green. Presto, you still have Brooklyn express service to Lexington Ave using the (5) instead of the (4). How about that ?

What's the problem ? (5) local from Nevins St to the "bush" and back. Or, knowing how the head honchos (don't) think, they'll turn the (4) at Bowling Green. Presto, you still have Brooklyn express service to Lexington Ave using the (5) instead of the (4). How about that ?

Thats true, the <5> heads down to Flatbush it doesnt get caught with any issues on New Lots Line. BTW what G/O is this?

No problem, just wondering, as there are different possibilities: Eastern Pkwy local as you said, turning the (4) at Bowling Green, or even turning the (5) at Bowling Green. I just want to see what will happen. This G.O. is for the work on Livonia, they're doing switch work at New Lots and repainting the stations.

How about terminating the (4) at Utica (which will run every 8 minutes as of Monday) and run the (3) every 12 minutes or something. There is no reason that the (4) should be shut down between Utica and Atlantic. They actually both terminated at Utica on the weekends recently.

Archived