Rare MTH Subway sets sold on Ebay!!

To all model railroaders out there: if you are looking to purchase an R21, R32, R36, or R42 check out Ebay!!! In the search write MTH SUbway and you will get a list of trains for sale. Some are preety cheap if you have a chance do check it out!!! However, listen very carefully. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED BID 1 MINUTE BEFORE THE AUCTION ENDS IF THE PRICE IS LOW TO KEEP IT THAT WAY OR THE PRICE WILL INFLATE TREMENDOUSLY. Keep that in mind. Hope fully you can get a rare subway for cheap! Good Luck!!(NYCT)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if any body can explain why that no manufacture has gone as far as to make any of the non revenue cars like the pump car, the flat cars with the movable crane,the signal repair car, hoppers, a power car with only the doors or any other of the ta's non revenue equipment in o scale. I know that if you butcher a power car from a set to make one and repaint and add the symbols it is possible but i would not dare butcher any of the subway sets that i have to do this and besides that i'm physically unable to do it.

might be that thay wont sell Lionel has the lincence to manufacture the nycta subway sets that was lost by mth when thay made too much of the graffiti or that thay were not allowed to make them but mth gets away with it by not putting the mta symbols on the cars and slightly changing the numbers on the front or different colors on the lettered lines.

You and me both! I've sent emails to them about it but unless they get overwhelming demand for them you can forget it. Not to mention Lionel has the rights to the MTA license. There might be a conflict of interest. Who knows? I would love to see them because I have all of the other TA equipment. I'm just missing the R142 and them R30. Everything else I got. Waiting for at least the BMT Triplexes and or the R44/46. We'll see.

its too bad you can't have them made to order and pay the extra.

theres a website -islandmodelworks.com- that make the m1's and others but you have to put them together and paint them.

I was thinking about it but i don't have time to mess around with that.

yeah but also to set up the interior with the lights and everything really alot of work. Maybe Atlas O, they did Metro North Cars the Comet cars like the ones in my Amtrak Noertheast corroidor AEM-7 train video. They offered them in NJ transit, Connecticut DOT, MBTA, and Amtrak Phases 4 & 5. I got them in NJ Transit livery too with the Cab Car. They are great. Maybe they would offer the M1-M7 cars since they do full scale length cars. Maybe if many of us call and ask....

Archived