Validity of Unlimited MetroCard purchased before June 28th

MAA89

I was just wondering if I bought several Unlimited 30-Day MetroCards at the current price of $81 before fares go up on the 28th, how long will I be able to use these card(s). Have the MTA imposed a deadline after which cards bought at the old fare would not work anymore?

MetroCards Purchased Before June 28

Pay-Per-Ride MetroCard

Cards purchased prior to June 28 can still be used. Beginning at 12:01 a.m. on June 28, 2009, the higher fare will be deducted from your Pay-Per-Ride MetroCard.

Unlimited Ride MetroCard

MetroCard Vending Machines and station attendants will sell Unlimited Ride MetroCards at the current prices until midnight on Saturday, June 27. After midnight you will be able to purchase Unlimited Ride cards at the new, higher prices.

To get the full value of a 1-Day, 7-Day, 14-Day or 30-Day Unlimited Ride MetroCard or the 7-day Express Bus Plus MetroCard purchased prior to June 28, you must begin using the card on or before July 6.

The chart shows when your Unlimited Ride MetroCard will expire. Regardless of the printed expiration date or date of first use, the MetroCard will expire on these dates.

Type of MetroCard For Full Value, Start Using By - Expiration Date

1-Day Fun Pass July 6 - July 6

7-Day Unlimited Ride July 6 - July 12

14-Day Unlimited Ride July 6 - July 19

30-Day Unlimited Ride July 6 - Aug 4

7-Day Express Bus Plus July 6 - July 12

An unused or partially used MetroCard purchased prior to June 28 will be refunded on a pro-rated basis. To return a card, ask a station attendant for a postage-paid envelope.

http://mta.info/mta/09/#umc

Archived