r142 strip map

R142/A 340

I remember after the 9/11 Issue till about 2004, the IRT (2) line had the Strip maps with all Local stops, since the (2) ran as the "Broadway-7th Avenue Local" with the (1) to brooklyn which replaced the (3), and the (1)(2) replaced the (9) Skip-Stop.

I dunno why they removed it afterwards. It would be great to have em back...

How comes the (2) train strip map does not show the local stops in Manhattan but the (4) train strip map shows the local stops, shouldn't the (2) show the local stops because it runs local during late night like the (4)?

B/c @ that time the (2) was going express via 7th Avenue late nights and the (4) ran local via Lexington Avenue. So when they made the R-142's around 1999 the (2) was running express so thats why the strip map only have its orginial stops.....September of 1999 they made the (2) go local via 7th Avenue late nights. Then they updated the announcements later on but didn't updated the strip maps with the local stops!

B/c @ that time the (2) was going express via 7th Avenue late nights and the (4) ran local via Lexington Avenue. So when they made the R-142's around 1999 the (2) was running express so thats why the strip map only have its orginial stops.....September of 1999 they made the (2) go local via 7th Avenue. Then they updated the announcements later on but didn't updated the strips maps with the local stops!

i didnt know 1999 they had that, i remember in about 2000 it has Exp Strips and after 9/11 it started having Local strips due to WTC disatster which caused changes on the (1)(9)(2)(3)...

B/c @ that time the (2) was going express via 7th Avenue late nights and the (4) ran local via Lexington Avenue. So when they made the R-142's around 1999 the (2) was running express so thats why the strip map only have its orginial stops.....September of 1999 they made the (2) go local via 7th Avenue. Then they updated the announcements later on but didn't updated the strips maps with the local stops!

This is actually the correct reason. The announcements changed...but the strip maps didn't, I'm positive.

i didnt know 1999 they had that, i remember in about 2000 it has Exp Strips and after 9/11 it started having Local strips due to WTC disatster which caused changes on the (1)(9)(2)(3)...

Yeah in late 1999 the (2) ran local b/c that time the Redbirds was still running and I took that to avoid the (4) late night and come to find out that the (2) ran local late night and it pissed me off even more!

Archived