MTA Hats

MyrtleAve

Hey. I was just wondering. Do you HAVE to work for the MTA to buy one of the bus branch hats or can you buy one somewhere just for like fashion or something because I like one of them and I see some people on the street wearing them. (The navy blue caps that bus operators wear sometimes that has their bus branch logo on it).

(A)(J)

It's possible to obtain them...my brother works for MTA and I wear some of his transit caps sometimes. But the cops may bicker because they'll think you're posing as a transit worker.

• 8 years later...
  • 1 month later...

The MTA should sell them at the Transit Museum gift shop, and also the GCT annex...good way to make some extra funds...

After all, the NYPD and NYFD sells and licenses their logo's for sale through various vendor's...why should the MTA be any different?

42 minutes ago, traildriver said:

The MTA should sell them at the Transit Museum gift shop, and also the GCT annex...good way to make some extra funds...

After all, the NYPD and NYFD sells and licenses their logo's for sale through various vendor's...why should the MTA be any different?

People don't pretend to be NYPD and FDNY workers... TA might hesitant to do it cause it would make a trespasser blend in easier on Transit property. 

Also the NYPD and FDNY became very popular after 9/11... I could see tourists wanting to buy apparel with their names on it, nobody cares about MTA hats other than transit workers and buffs. 

With that being said, I wonder if the TA did sell bus depot hats, could they possibly catch on in the mainstream and become trendy like Supreme or Champion.

14 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

With that being said, I wonder if the TA did sell bus depot hats, could they possibly catch on in the mainstream and become trendy like Supreme or Champion.

Why would any non-busfan feel cool wearing a hat with an mta depot logo on it

21 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

People don't pretend to be NYPD and FDNY workers... TA might hesitant to do it cause it would make a trespasser blend in easier on Transit property. 

Also the NYPD and FDNY became very popular after 9/11... I could see tourists wanting to buy apparel with their names on it, nobody cares about MTA hats other than transit workers and buffs. 

Some People most definitely do pretend to be NYPD, unfortunately. Theres a whole division within internal affairs devoted to it. And yet they still sell all that NYPD apparel. 

26 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

Why would any non-busfan feel cool wearing a hat with an mta depot logo on it

Because they think its stylish? 

@QM1to6Ave Interesting, none of these NYPD impostors are as well known as Darius so I didn't think it was such an issue that the PD would need a whole division devoted to it. Buffs pretending to transit workers seem to be more common, then again I'm apart of the transitfan community and I don't have any particular interest in the NYPD.

21 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Because they think its stylish? 

@QM1to6Ave Interesting, none of these NYPD impostors are as well known as Darius so I didn't think it was such an issue that the PD would need a whole division devoted to it. Buffs pretending to transit workers seem to be more common, then again I'm apart of the transitfan community and I don't have any particular interest in the NYPD.

I suspect that police imposters get the book thrown at them after the first attempt and aren't given all those opportunities like Darius

Archived