is a list different than a pool?

budsthe4

i know this is a dumb question, but is a "list" different than a "pool"?

i had passed an interview at MNRR and i have been told i am now in a pool.

my brother-in-law works at Con Ed, and he had told me that once you are told you are placed in a pool that you usually get forgotten about, and they never call you for the next step in the hiring process. i am assuming a "list" and a "pool" are the same thing, or similar, i just wanted to make sure from you guys here. my brother-in-law got me scared haha Thanks.(MTA):P

my brother-in-law works at Con Ed, and he had told me that once you are told you are placed in a pool that you usually get forgotten about, and they never call you for the next step in the hiring process. i am assuming a "list" and a "pool" are the same thing, or similar, i just wanted to make sure from you guys here. my brother-in-law got me scared haha Thanks.(MTA):P

A pool of 100 candidates means that any of the 100 could be called at any time and in any order. You could be called tomorrow, six months, or maybe never.

A list of 100 candidates means that those 100 must be called in numerical order as spots on that list are earned by taking an examination. Number 40 cannot be seen before number 10.

my brother-in-law works at Con Ed, and he had told me that once you are told you are placed in a pool that you usually get forgotten about, and they never call you for the next step in the hiring process. i am assuming a "list" and a "pool" are the same thing, or similar, i just wanted to make sure from you guys here. my brother-in-law got me scared haha Thanks.(MTA):)

I think the list number shit is sucks cause half of the people on the list dont quilify its a waste of time...

I think the list number shit is sucks cause half of the people on the list dont quilify its a waste of time...

And you also have those people who take the exam but just as a back up in case they get laid off from their current job,I call these people and those that don't qualify "list slugs."

What would you suggest? It is the easiest and fairest way. If some people don't qualify they still paid to take the test and that's what DCAS cares about, it's big business these tests.

Archived