CI R160B's on the (F)

R32 3838

saw one CI R160B coupled to R160A and two full CI R160B trains (rode one one, got vids of both) on the (E) today.

CI trains on the E, really? That's interesting b/c the E doesn't venture to Stillwell Av. A little off topic, but those R160As on really needs to have their FIND systems fixed. I rode on two R160As on the E today with broken FINDs stuck on Roosevelt Av.

CI trains on the E, really? That's interesting b/c the E doesn't venture to Stillwell Av. A little off topic, but those R160As on really needs to have their FIND systems fixed. I rode on two R160As on the E today with broken FINDs stuck on Roosevelt Av.

That's because like I guessed the cars were transferred. http://www.subchat.com/read.asp?Id=802503

Nice, it looks like when R160B option II comes in, the first half Siemens and the 2nd half will be Alstom (what WideCab5 stated). Most of CIY's Opt. I R160B alstoms will be going to Jamaica to replace the R40M/R42 and Opt II. Siemens R160B's will take the place of those Alstom R160B's.

This means more Siemens sets on the (N)(Q)(W), nice. :cool:

Nice, it looks like when R160B option II comes in, the first half Siemens and the 2nd half will be Alstom (what WideCab5 stated). Most of CIY's Opt. I R160B alstoms will be going to Jamaica to replace the R40M/R42 and Opt II. Siemens R160B's will take the place of those Alstom R160B's.

This means more Siemens sets on the (N)(Q)(W), nice. :cool:

Wait, why are the older R160B options going to Jamaica instead of the newer R160Bs? Does the T/A really want to make CI all Siemens Propulsion and Jamaica all Alstom Propulsion?

Wait, why are the older R160B options going to Jamaica instead of the newer R160Bs? Does the T/A really want to make CI all Siemens Propulsion and Jamaica all Alstom Propulsion?

Idk, thats what WideCab5 said. Even if that happens, CI will still have the older R160B Alstoms (8713-8842) and some R160A-2 sets (8653-8712). So CIY wouldn't be exclusively Siemens, however JYD would be exclusively Alstom.

Archived