B/O's on the move again.....

Rob0922

Well here we go again. Another TA Consolidation pick has come and gone. I am now going to my FOURTH Depot in 13 1/2 months. I feel like the red headed step child that keeps getting thrown from place to place. I started out in Bklyn at Ulmer Park, bumped to Flatbush, bumped to M J Quill and now I report to the 100th Street Depot. Where does this roller coaster stop??? I want to get off already. I would like to go to a depot where I have some depot seniority and longevity.

Maybe by the next system pick in December by some stroke of luck my dream will materialize. I am sure that there are other B/O's who are in the same boat. I'd like to hear your thoughts.(MTA)

Well here we go again. Another TA Consolidation pick has come and gone. I am now going to my FOURTH Depot in 13 1/2 months. I feel like the red headed step child that keeps getting thrown from place to place. I started out in Bklyn at Ulmer Park, bumped to Flatbush, bumped to M J Quill and now I report to the 100th Street Depot. Where does this roller coaster stop??? I want to get off already. I would like to go to a depot where I have some depot seniority and longevity.

Maybe by the next system pick in December by some stroke of luck my dream will materialize. I am sure that there are other B/O's who are in the same boat. I'd like to hear your thoughts.(MTA)

the sad thing about being at 100 st is you only have 4 routes to choose from! thats wack

Since april 28th i started with Gun Hill depot, then i got bumped out to 100th street. I picked into west farm in the general because i couldnt get into Gun Hill. then i got drafted to Kingsbridge a month and a half ago, now i got to pick Gun Hill again. Im finally close to home and i hope i can stay. The best thing from this experience was being able to learn every line in the bronx by working the extralist in all bronx depots, and really learning what this job is all about by the M101. I feel positive about the whole bouncing around thing. Its a job, put me anywhere and ill perform.

when they call me i would love to go to 100th street..they only got 4 lines and alot of overtime..and the best unoin in the system.. i live close to gunhill depot in co op city and west farms depot

You are talking about TWU Local 100,are they a better union then ATU, or is it more or less the same?

I am on the 8006 list,and hopefully I can get into Stengel depot,that way I can't be bounced around,I will be forced to stay there.

Rob0922: That is rough,4 depots in 13 1/2 months. How much time do you have on the job?

You are talking about TWU Local 100,are they a better union then ATU, or is it more or less the same?

I am on the 8006 list,and hopefully I can get into Stengel depot,that way I can't be bounced around,I will be forced to stay there.

Rob0922: That is rough,4 depots in 13 1/2 months. How much time do you have on the job?

From what I understand they send new Operators straight to the Q44 out of the 3 Depots in Queens i would pick into Queens Village

From what I understand they send new Operators straight to the Q44 out of the 3 Depots in Queens i would pick into Queens Village

Queens Village is something to consider,right next to the Cross Island Pkwy,I would rather go there first before going to Staten Island.

I heard about the Q44(the beast).

Lots of you are. I visited The Home of the Dawgs (aka Kingsbridge depot), and seen some who had started after me (when I was an operator out of there). They are worried about this too. They don't want to be forced out, and truthfully the depots should be fighting to keep those who started in their respective depots if the operator wants to stay. At least you know those lines in there. But it's a union job, and this is the way it goes now.......

Queens Village is something to consider,right next to the Cross Island Pkwy,I would rather go there first before going to Staten Island.

I heard about the Q44(the beast).

haha!!!! The Q44 is equal to the (2)????

many union rep"s from ulmer park, and gleason say if it wasnt for ATU we all would be regional bus by now, amd thank god that hasn;t happened. could you imagine being on the extra list at yukon, and being sent to west farms to cover a run? i hope that day doesnt come/ or if it does i have enough senority to back me up.

could you imagine being on the extra list at yukon, and being sent to west farms to cover a run? i hope that day doesnt come/ or if it does i have enough senority to back me up.

That is too far, and if it was regionalized, they would most likely keep you in the same Borough, and if sent to another Borough from STI, Brooklyn, Lower Queens, and Lower Manhattan. From the Bronx, Upper Manhattan and Upper Queens.......

Why would you want to go to Stengel?

I don't want to sound mean or anything. Those who just started or have very low seniority will always be bumped and never get their desired depot and/or routes. You will have just to live with being bounced around til your seniority builds up.

I don't want to sound mean or anything. Those who just started or have very low seniority will always be bumped and never get their desired depot and/or routes. You will have just to live with being bounced around til your seniority builds up.

thats true now with this general pick you can be bounce around like a basketball or something lol...but once they hire more drivers it we wont have that problem..there going to hire 600 drivers this summer alone..im on exam 2901 and im waiting

when they call me i would love to go to 100th street..they only got 4 lines and alot of overtime..and the best unoin in the system.. i live close to gunhill depot in co op city and west farms depot

i dont recomend you make your decision to pick a depot based on how many lines they have and the how the union is. They are all basically the same. i was in gun hill , 100th street and west farms during my probation year and all i have to say is, make sure u are close to home. also, make sure you do your job safely, so that you wont have to go to the union for anything. they will all fight for you if you need it. my best union experience was in west farms. also, IMO the M101 is a tough line, you might wanna stay away from that line in your probation year. is like the bx12, bx19, and bx41 all in one line, trust me ive done them all.

IMO you should work in an area u are familiar with and like to be in. it will make your job easier and your probation year easier to deal with. its a tense year and you want to be somewhere that makes you relaxed and confident. for example i can do the bx39 route over and over with out getting tired of it because it takes me through the neighborhood i grew up in. i feel relaxed and confident in that area therefore making it easier to deal with. some people dont want to work in their neighborhood, so to each its own. one thing i learned in this job is to try things out for your self and make your own conclusions, dont get brainwashed with other peoples personal choices, make your own choices.

the majority of the time you will be behind the wheel not at the depot or union office. think of that and your commute from work to home when u choose.

Driving is driving. Every Boro has it ups and down.Some Depot have a better Union some have better buses others have the customers. Like Prodeq12 said pick the nearest depot to home.After your day is done you want to be home as soon as you can. Me and Prodeq were train together out of Yukon Depot and that look like a cake walk compared to Manhattan.

Driving is driving. Every Boro has it ups and down.Some Depot have a better Union some have better buses others have the customers. Like Prodeq12 said pick the nearest depot to home.After your day is done you want to be home as soon as you can. Me and Prodeq were train together out of Yukon Depot and that look like a cake walk compared to Manhattan.

Yeah,you said it. After your day is done you want to be home as soon as you can. How long were you in Yukon?

i dont recomend you make your decision to pick a depot based on how many lines they have and the how the union is. They are all basically the same. i was in gun hill , 100th street and west farms during my probation year and all i have to say is, make sure u are close to home. also, make sure you do your job safely, so that you wont have to go to the union for anything. they will all fight for you if you need it. my best union experience was in west farms. also, IMO the M101 is a tough line, you might wanna stay away from that line in your probation year. is like the bx12, bx19, and bx41 all in one line, trust me ive done them all.

IMO you should work in an area u are familiar with and like to be in. it will make your job easier and your probation year easier to deal with. its a tense year and you want to be somewhere that makes you relaxed and confident. for example i can do the bx39 route over and over with out getting tired of it because it takes me through the neighborhood i grew up in. i feel relaxed and confident in that area therefore making it easier to deal with. some people dont want to work in their neighborhood, so to each its own. one thing i learned in this job is to try things out for your self and make your own conclusions, dont get brainwashed with other peoples personal choices, make your own choices.

the majority of the time you will be behind the wheel not at the depot or union office. think of that and your commute from work to home when u choose.

oh ok i know the m101 ,103,102 are heavy lines but how many trips did u do when you was in 100th street???whats the good and bad things about that depot and lines? that bx 41 is the worst in the bronx beside that bx 36 and 19...

Union representation in your probationary period is limited at best. The most important thing to do is listen to what your instructors at the school have taught you and try and separate the b.s. from the truth when it comes to what you hear from the operators you do your line training with.

Archived