Anyone else see this?

R10 2952

Yesterday, somewhere between 7:50 and 8:20 PM, as I was waiting on the Manhattan-bound side of Hoyt/Schemerhorn station, I saw something very strange on the opposite side, on the Brooklyn/Queens-bound (A)/© track: A not-in-service set of R-68s (from the (D), I believe) stopped in the station for about a minute, and then headed out of the station towards the southern terminals of the (A)/©. Three of the cars had rollsigns which had been set to an up-side-down (K) setting, and two of the cars in the consist whose numbers I spotted were 2867 and 2816, which was the last car of the train. What do you think this means, guys? Perhaps it's headed to the test track at Broad Channel? Or maybe to Pitkin Yard?:confused: Who knows, maybe we'll end up seeing R-68s and R-68As on 8th Avenue after all. Although, to be honest, I wouldn't like to see that happen. The only thing worse than a 'Ghost' (R-46) on the (A) would be a 'Hippo' (R-68/A) on the (A). It would completely destroy the express run:eek::tdown:. They should just be kept on the BMT Southern Division, with only a few exceptions. After all, they fit best there. And the 'Farts' (R-44s) and the 'Ghosts' are enough as it is on the (A). Well, I guess all we can do is wait and see what the (MTA) will do with those cars, right?:P

It was a school car. School cars can go anywhere, but always return to their home yard at the end of the day. You can always spot a school car with it's wacko sign changes and 5 second station stops

Archived