Michael Jackson has Died

Dave160

Pop star Michael Jackson has died after suffering a heart attack, it has been reported.

Media reports have said the star, 50, was taken to hospital in Los Angeles after he was found not breathing in his Holmby Hills home earlier.

Celebrity website TMZ said 911 operators received an emergency call about 12.12pm local time (8.12pm AEST).

Jackson is believed to have gone into cardiac arrest and paramedics performed CPR on him en route to UCLA hospital.

The website quoted family members as saying the Thriller singer was in "really bad shape."

"We just got off the phone with Joe Jackson, Michael's dad, who says 'he is not doing well.'' the website reported.

Jackson was reportedly planning a comeback and was living in Los Angeles while rehearsing a series of 50 sold-out shows in London, the LATimes has reported.

Los Angeles Fire Department paramedics had rushed to the singer's $100,000-a-month rented home near Sunset Boulevard to find him not breathing, the newspaper reported.

This basically says his life is on the line. Not that he's dead yet. If you're going to make a post be sure the topic title is on cue to what the details actually are. Either way this is terrible :) i am a big fan of his music.

Blame TMZ owned by Fox news for jumping the gun not R160. Sadly i think it offical as now the AP, NBC News, ABC News, CBS and Fox are now confirming. Only CNN is still holding out at 640pm NY time.:cry:

I can't believe it that he's dead. He was really big. I know my mom has almost all of his and the Jackson 5 records/cds/tapes.

The conductor of the train I was in announced it on the speaker saying "Ladies and Gentlemen, this is an important announcment. We are saddened to report that music star Michael Jackson has passed away." And the whole car full of people looked so damn sad after that.

RIP Michael Jackson

I can't believe it that he's dead. He was really big. I know my mom has almost all of his and the Jackson 5 records/cds/tapes.

The conductor of the train I was in announced it on the speaker saying "Ladies and Gentlemen, this is an important announcment. We are saddened to report that music star Michael Jackson has passed away." And the whole car full of people looked so damn sad after that.

RIP Michael Jackson

Not to detract from the topic but how'd the C/R find out? Was this near the end of the line where he heard from his crew mates waiting to take out the next rain? Either way

He died today, age 50, jus woke up and heard my MJ obsessed sister crying, so i asked what's wrong

I miss MJ, he was cool. Right now, some radio stations are playing Non-Stop Michael Jackson music. I'm pretty sure that there's going to be something going on in Philly somewhere in Philly in terms of rememberance

Wait til buswizard reads this

None the less, he was an inspiration to all of the music scene, he will be well missed!

Unclear still as to what caused the death, but from what i heard, he wasn't breathing when the fire department responded to his call, so i guess it was related to that major sickness he had

All i have to say is: RIP Michael Jackson, 1958-2009 we all love your work and you were an inspiration to us all... music wise, and dance wise

RIP Michael Jackson

Which train you were on?

That crazy stuff. was just talking about it with an NYPD at West farms. Must be related to his skin i guess, why did ever wanted bleach him self to become white like wtf? no offence anyways.

RIP!

BTW Heres WNBCs version:

Pop singer Michael Jackson has died at UCLA Medical Center after arriving to the hospital in a deep coma, a family friend confirmed to NBC News on Thursday.

"Jackson was pronounced dead by doctors this afternoon after arriving at a hospital in a deep coma," the Los Angeles Times reported, citing city and law enforcement.

"Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon at his Holmby Hills home and paramedics were unable to revive him. We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back. A source tells us Jackson was dead when paramedics arrived. A cardiologist at UCLA tells TMZ Jackson died of cardiac arrest," TMZ.com reported.

When the story first broke, his management company denied the story. They have yet to release a statement.

The Los Angeles City Fire Department confirmed to NBC News that the department responded to a 911 call from 100 North Carolwood, Jackson's home address, at 12:12 p.m.

LAFD Capt. Steve Ruda told the Los Angeles Times that the 50-year-old singer was not breathing when paramedics arrived. Ruda told KTLA-TV that paramedics performed CPR and took Jackson to UCLA Medical Center, which is less than 4 miles away. A crowd has since begun to gather outside the center.

Two SUVs reportedly followed Jackson's ambulance, x17online.com reported:

"There were more than 10 bodyguards or members of Michael's entourage that arrived at the hospital just after 1 p.m., after following the ambulance there. They all got out of the SUVs in a panic and Michael was wheeled into the emergency room on a stretcher. There was definitely a sense of urgency and everyone looked worried," a photographer told x17online.

Jackson's mother Katherine was photographed Thursday afternoon arriving at the hospital, x17online.com reported.

Michael's father, Joe Jackson, told E News that he was alerted to the emergency.

"I am in Las Vegas but, yes, people in Los Angeles called me and are with Michael and tell me he was taken to the hospital. His mother is on her way to the hospital now to check in on him. I am not sure what's wrong. I am waiting to hear back from them," the elder Jackson told E! News.

Access to Jackson Star Restricted

At 9 a.m. Friday, flowers will be placed on the Walk of Fame star of Michael Jackson, according to the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce. The star is located at 6927 Hollywood Blvd., in front of Grauman's Chinese Theater.

There will be no ceremonies or access Thursday because the star is covered and heavy equipment is nearby due to an event at the theater. However, "anyone who would like to pay their respect to Michael Jackson (on Thursday) can visit The Jacksons star" at 1500 Vine St., near Sunset Boulevard.

Jackson Remembered as Music Legend

Michael Jackson, who was in the midst of preparing for a series of concerts in London, was last home in Gary, Ind., in June of 2003 when adoring crowds filled the streets.

"My heart is heavy," said Mayor Rudy Clay shortly after hearing the news of Jackson's passing. "The people of the City of Gary, you know, their hearts are heavy as it relates to Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson (was) the world's greatest entertainer, bar none. He was a humble individual. The people of Gary loved Michael Jackson, and will always love Michael Jackson."

Jackson was born Aug. 29, 1958 as the seventh child of the Jackson Family. He debuted as a member of the Jackson 5 at age 11. He rose to fame in the early 1980s as a pop music icon, following a series of best selling platinum albums including "Thriller," the No. 1 selling album of all time.

Jackson is survived by two sons, Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr. (also known as "Prince"), Michael Joseph Jackson III, and a daughter, Paris Michael Katherine Jackson.

His career took a tumultuous turn in the early part of the decade when he was accused of child molestation. Jackson was cleared of charges that he molested a 13-year-old cancer survivor at Neverland Ranch in the Santa Ynez Valley, northwest of Los Angeles.

Ambulance Video Posted Online

Hollywood.tv posted video of Jackson being rushed to hospital from his home:

SOURCE: WNBC - New York

Not to detract from the topic but how'd the C/R find out? Was this near the end of the line where he heard from his crew mates waiting to take out the next rain? Either way

This was on the Euclid Av (C) train (at Utica Ave) around 6:30pm going towards Rockaway Avenue. I heard some of the people in the station talking about it too and I guess they told the conductor.

ABC/Ch.7 and NBC/Ch.4 has premented most of their shows tonight from 9-11pm to dicusss the deaths of these '2' icons. They had both had special 3-hour "20/20 and Dateline. Ditto for all the cable news channels.

MTV and E! Entertainment special also had a 3 hour special as well on MJ.

As personally someone who had a love-hate relationship with Micheal, i really had a tear in my eye as my last bit of my childhood came to end tonight.:cry: While i was angry on the charges(yes i believe he abused the boys) but he this generation Elvis. An example of worldwide fame literally killed both of them. IMO same time he music ranks among the best ever.

RIP MJ.

I'm watching the special on ABC News right now, it's really sad, but I wish I was in a place like Harlem right now to remember him with other fans... I hope the spirit is still here, even though our king of pop is gone. :)

Archived