Michael Jackson has Died

Dave160

What?!

I didn't mean that in any offensive way whatsoever. MJ is an amazing man and there will never be anyone like him ever again. Ever since his child molestation cases, people have been criticizing him and disrespecting him by cracking jokes about him raping little boys all the time. Now if you did the same thing you would be criticized. "That's not right" and "he's dead now", so that makes it morally wrong. Yet if he was still alive it would still be perfectly ok to make fun of him. People can be such hypocrites sometimes.

Very sad. I always thought he was very talented, even though the scandals (be them legitimate or not) i retained a high level of respect for him. He gave hope to aspiring performers, took on worthy causes, and will be missed by millions of adoring fans.

My mom & i agreed that he is one of the most famous people in modern times, he was known worldwide, had currency & stamps printed in his honor, received medals and awards for charity work, and has the record for most individual albums sold by a single performer.

Lot of kids these days only know him from the scandal stories, which have yet to be proven, since they were settled out of court, only MJ knew, and he took it with him. If he did perpetrate those acts, then that is wrong & sad.

I wonder how his family & friends are taking it. My condolences to them in their time of loss.

:cry:

The intensely passionate performer:

Thriller-Live-001.jpg

13-michael-jackson-081407.jpg

billiejeanzs7.jpg

5ee4e22faba832be8d4c9df21be4754b.jpg

michael-jackson-000000.jpg He wore those socks to draw attention to his feet, which were constantly doing some crazy move.

michael-jackson-has-turned-50-280808_1238427102_crop_430x340.jpg

- A

I didn't mean that in any offensive way whatsoever. MJ is an amazing man and there will never be anyone like him ever again. Ever since his child molestation cases, people have been criticizing him and disrespecting him by cracking jokes about him raping little boys all the time. Now if you did the same thing you would be criticized. "That's not right" and "he's dead now", so that makes it morally wrong. Yet if he was still alive it would still be perfectly ok to make fun of him. People can be such hypocrites sometimes.

the funny thing is: you're right, i was one of those people who cracked jokes, but when people went too far with them, i'd stop them and say: he makes great music so he's still okay. I still respected him for his contrubutions to the world

If you click the link in my sig, you'll see that there I how i felt, the home page shows a live concert in tribute to MJ. I hope he has a great life upthere with the rest of the stars :)

Very sad. I always thought he was very talented, even though the scandals (be them legitimate or not) i retained a high level of respect for him. He gave hope to aspiring performers, took on worthy causes, and will be missed by millions of adoring fans.

My mom & i agreed that he is one of the most famous people in modern times, he was known worldwide, had currency & stamps printed in his honor, received medals and awards for charity work, and has the record for most individual albums sold by a single performer.

Lot of kids these days only know him from the scandal stories, which have yet to be proven, since they were settled out of court, only MJ knew, and he took it with him. If he did perpetrate those acts, then that is wrong & sad.

I wonder how his family & friends are taking it. My condolences to them in their time of loss.

:cry:

- A

I agree with everything you said here. His music lives on forever.

Paul McCartney finally gets what ever publishing rights that Michael still owned of the Beatles song books. The rest Sony owns. Michael stabbed Paul McCartny in the back when Paul introduced Michael to buying songbooks as a means of making money. Paul never imagined Michael would stab him in the back by out bidding him at an auction for ownership of the Beatles song books. Due to this Paul had to pay to perform his own songs in America. Michael sold 50% of the stake to Sony in 1995 when he was going broke. Now that MJ is dead, in his will he left what little portion he owned of the songbooks to Paul to try to make good for breaking up their friendship back in 1985.

I think MJ is way over rated. No one covers his songs the way people cover Elvis songs, Beatles songs etc...

For me growing up in the late 70's and early 80's his music was everything.....I remember watching the video for Thriller on MTV and thinking wow great stuff.......he was coming up in a great time for pop music....he was able to capture the very best of music and words at the time with a short movie twist on it.

His personal life might have been subject but make no mistake his music is enjoyed world wide by billions of people.....I would bet everybody on this planet except for some remote areas with no radio have heard of his music......We lost a big one yesterday......

Michael Jackson R.I.P. you will be missed by billions!!!!!

For me growing up in the late 70's and early 80's his music was everything.....I remember watching the video for Thriller on MTV and thinking wow great stuff.......he was coming up in a great time for pop music....he was able to capture the very best of music and words at the time with a short movie twist on it.

His personal life might have been subject but make no mistake his music is enjoyed world wide by billions of people.....I would bet everybody on this planet except for some remote areas with no radio have heard of his music......We lost a big one yesterday......

Off topic but related. MTV would not be around today(although they only play videos late nights usually around 2-5am in mornings)without Micheal Jackson. Although other early MTV stars such as Duran Duran and Madonna also played important role in the channel early years, MTV for those of you too young to remember(Under different oringal owners)did not hardly play Black Artists under the excuse they assumed their audience was only "White."

MJ broke one of the last blant form of racism in pop music and lead to MTV ending their unwritten ban of not playing Black Artists.:tup:

Critics dont understand that.

I think MJ is way over rated. No one covers his songs the way people cover Elvis songs, Beatles songs etc...

Elvis didn't write his own music, and is really not even close to how famous MJ was at his peak. MJ really touched billions of people. More well known than the pope & that's not a small thing..

Yes, my mom & and some other folks were talking about this. At his peak MJ was 10 times more known than anyone else i can think of. Folks think britney spears got a lot of press? Please. People used to camp outside his house 24/7 just to get a glimpse, he had his own zip code at one point for all the fan mail that came in. Beatles were a group, not a single person. MJ is far & beyond one of the most globally recognizable people after religious figures. At one point he was in at least 5 major papers every day about something, something good, even stuff like things he bought & where he was traveling. Kids today just can't grasp it. Women used to faint en masse & have to be carried by the crowd to the front to be taken away at his concerts which re-defined how music shows were put on.

- A

Man this news is so shocking. The song P.Y.T. came on my iPod as I was headed to my aunt and uncle's house on the <6> train yesterday and the moment it ended and we were pulling into Pelham Bay Park, one of my best friends called me and asked me if I had heard about Michael Jackson dying. I said no I hadnt. Then I waited for the QBx1 and I heard MJ music playing and I knew something was up. I have a friend in L.A. who's in the Entertainment field and I asked him if it was true and he told me that it was. When I got to my uncle's, I watched the news and saw the confirmation.

Michael used to be my favorite artist. I was 3 when Thriller came out and I loved it, especially Billie Jean. I would go to bed listening to Thriller. When Bad came out and my mom got it for me, I would play it every day. I used to try to sing and dance like Michael. Over the years, my interest in MJ went down dramatically, even though I own most of MJ's solo CD's. The man's life was a very rough one and I had a lot of opinions about a lot of the things he made news for but in spite of all of that, I can put it aside and remember how his music touched my life. It was a major part of my childhood and I feel like I lost a part of my childhood with Michael's death. I wept at my desk earlier today when I wrote on another site about my memories of MJ. I still can't believe this has happened. We lost a legend but his musical legacy will remain forever.

RIP Michael Jackson.

Thank u.....i couldn't wait 'til one of you guys deleted that stupid comment! The nerve of some ppl..........smh

you are a brown nose, this is off topic, not a fourm for everyone to AGREE AND PRAISE MICHAEL the PEDOPHILE. Face it, all he did was act like a dancing puppet on stage grabbing his crotch like a queer and molesting sick kids

you are a brown nose, this is off topic, not a fourm for everyone to AGREE AND PRAISE MICHAEL the PEDOPHILE. Face it, all he did was act like a dancing puppet on stage grabbing his crotch like a queer and molesting sick kids

Well i know everyone is entitled to their opinion but i guess what they mean is repsectful is, when someone is alive and you say something negative ( or in this case with michael bring up the bad things that have gone on ), that person can be there to defend themselves, or they are able to atleast be aware of whats being said. When they are dead, its " disrespectful " because they are not there to defend themselves thus making it a cowardly act to bring up the bad things...you cant make fun of a dead person its unfair....thats like beating up a man that is paralyzed and then standing over him feeling good about your self. Im not saying anything that is praising nor degrading michael jackson but the point is...that you show respect for those that are dead.

WOW the admins are deleting my post because I called WACKO JACKO what he really is a pedophile, admins are powertrip freaks here:tup:

Now you answer me this... has it been PROVEN that he molested children? Has there been a solid verdict declaring him guilty?

You obviously don't understand how much he influenced the world. Many music artists look up to the music he made for influence in their own works. There's a reason they call him the King of Pop. If you only concentrate on the child molestation cases you're not looking into the rest of what he did, and you're not concentrating on the achievements he made. In short, you're not getting the full picture.

And admins have the right to remove or edit whatever they want, in order to keep order on these forums. Just because it's off topic doesn't mean you throw out all the rules, you know.

I dont know why people idolize ANYONE they way the people of this planet idolize him. I mean even people who werent even born or old enough to know who he was totally sweats this guy and idolizes him... It shows alot about how weak and shallow of a society alot of people are on this planet. It's behaviour like this thats why civilization is still so flawed and out of whack.:confused:

WOW the admins are deleting my post because I called WACKO JACKO what he really is a pedophile, admins are powertrip freaks here:tup:

We are not power trip freaks. We are BS/nonsense/immature removing freaks. If you post BS or non-sense, you're posts are getting deleted period. You'll receive a warning and then a ban if you do not comply. Simple as that. If you don't like it, then take your BS to another site. You will not be missed.

Consider this your first warning.

If this thread cannot continue to remain civil it will be closed.

Just watching some stuff on various channels.

People really did go crazy for him, he was planning a series of shows as a comeback, and all of them were sold out within a few hours.

I think he touched that part in everyone that just wants to rock out & have fun, and he left it all on the stage every time.

I've seen photos even recently of MJ merch in 3rd world countries, still relevant.

- A

Wow dude!! Not cool! the man is dead. That post shoulda been kept 2 urself and I hope one of the forum moderators flag or delete it!

For those who dont like Mr. Jackson. If you dont like MJ keep quiet.:mad: Again i was angry at him about 6-7 years ago when he held his then infant son out that balcony at that hotel room in Berlin.

Yes i was a Jackson fan(not a diehard)but he actions/lifestyle at times did get me angry too.

I think despite being a musical genuis MJ had serious mental illness issues the media never discusssed.

The drama around his personal life sucked. Doesn't take away the fact he was an entertainment genius. His personal life didn't affect me. His music however, I could write stories listening to it. His videos were imaginative. People auditioned for American Idol using his stuff at the risk of being ridiculed by Simon Cowell. His music style is one that very few can touch. It was unique and in many ways set the bar for entertainment in that specific genre. Hell some of Sega's game music was believed to be influenced by his music. So I will thank him for what he contributed to the entertainment business and may he rest in peace.

Archived