Subway worker shoved onto tracks, injured

Trainspotter

Subway worker shoved onto tracks, injured

A subway worker was hurt when someone pushed him onto the tracks at Grand Central Terminal, police said.

Investigators were searching for a suspect early Friday. The worker had been treated and released from a local hospital, New York City Transit spokesman Paul Fleuranges said.

The motorman was on duty and waiting for his train on the 42nd Street shuttle platform Thursday night, police said. Investigators weren't sure why the attacker came up behind him and shoved him.

The worker wasn't hit by a train, but police said he injured his left arm, back and legs as he fell from the platform. His identity wasn't released.

What a jerk to push a T/O off a platform.

Is it me or alot more MTA workers are being assaulted lately? A C/R I know was attacked a while ago while on duty.

Pablo, our uniforms have been targets for the angry public for awhile now. They don't see the hire ups most of the time, and if they do they can hardly identify them. They don't wear uniforms, we do. Maybe the guy was just a nutjob, or he could be one of those angry jealous types, who are jealous of us. They are out there. Want to work here? Know your environment, and ALWAYS be aware of those around you, especially the public. No employee in uniform should even stand close to a platform, or sidewalk. You make it easy for those who wish to do you harm.

Agreed i dont "trust" any passenger i see on that platform unless i know who they are..

Nothing personl people but i have heard about C/R's jacked up and a T/O bitten by a female passenger beacuse they had to discharge the train at Wall street and turn it south.

To make matters worst when the cops got there she LIED and said the T/O assaulted her..

The cops was about to put the cuffs on him when the passengers told them it was the female who bit the T/O..

Then the crazy lady Runs into the track towards Fulton Street..

Go figure she made a bad situation worse now power is off beacuse the cops are after this crazy lady they caught her she got 15 years in Jail beacuse it was her second felony (that was just after they passed a law saying you hurt a MTA worker you get 7 years).

So now she got time to "think" about things...

Like DOB said there are a lot of "haters" out there...

P.S to "add" to that we BETTER not put our hands on anybody or its our job..

Unless we are trying to protect ourselves and we better have 20 witnesses ready to sign sworn papers stating the fact as well as giving phone numbers so they can be contacted, im serious.

That is something to watch out for. You can have thousands of people not care, but it only takes on perturbed person and a quick impulse to screw things up. I say MTA employees should be armed :((just kidding). Hopefully that cab door can hold up to some beating, but I suppose you could just get the cops when you come into the station.

Nothing personl people but i have heard about C/R's jacked up and a T/O bitten by a female passenger beacuse they had to discharge the train at Wall street and turn it south.

I hate to say this, but that incident is somewhat funny.

Still, the whole idea of angry passengers assaulting MTA employees is no laughing matter. No worker in uniform deserves to have to encounter this kind of behavior.

Still, the whole idea of angry passengers assaulting MTA employees is no laughing matter. No worker in uniform deserves to have to encounter this kind of behavior.

It happens quiet a bit down here and most of the times it dont even make the papers..

I've seen the new (I've never noticed them before) decals stating along the lines that "assaulting an MTA employee is against the law and punishable by up to 7 years in prison". Maybe this thug if caught will prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Hopefully that cab door can hold up to some beating, but I suppose you could just get the cops when you come into the station.

At least they get that much, while working. It's still no guarantee though. We don't get squat.

B/O's get assaulted more than C/R's, who get assaulted more than T/O's. The more direct contact with the public you have, the more the probability of "encounters".

I've seen the new (I've never noticed them before) decals stating along the lines that "assaulting an MTA employee is against the law and punishable by up to 7 years in prison". Maybe this thug if caught will prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

The 7 years applies to all public B/O's statewide, and MTA personnel (IIRC). Westchester Bee-Line has the stickers in the buses too.

Several months ago I was on a Jamacia bound E when the C/R was assulted by a passenger. Since it was an R32 they called the T/O over the intercome saying to call the cop and hold the train at 71 Ave. As TA guys will know, the passengers hearing this could not care less. One even went to the T/O and asked why we were waiting there. The passenger said he did not care who was hurt, he did not want to be late. The riding public does not care and that sucks!

Several months ago I was on a Jamacia bound E when the C/R was assulted by a passenger. Since it was an R32 they called the T/O over the intercome saying to call the cop and hold the train at 71 Ave. As TA guys will know, the passengers hearing this could not care less. One even went to the T/O and asked why we were waiting there. The passenger said he did not care who was hurt, he did not want to be late. The riding public does not care and that sucks!

There are some who don't care, but I don't think it's all of them.

Most of the riders could care less what happens to the employee's as long as they get to their destination and we don't hold them up.

I got my own proceedure in the event me or my C/R get assulted on the train. In all cased the train Emergency brakes will be applied and Control Center notified followed by the train being removed from service ASAP. If its my C/R I will be going back to check on my C/R and ready for world war 3.

I already experanced a situation when I was a C/R working with a Female T/O where she was being ganged up by two guys who where upset we were held in the station with a Sick Customer. She was by the customer who was in our second car and my T/O was on the platform so I could see the whole thing. My and T/O didn't like each other at the time but this whole incident changed that because when I see those two on her I came running down to the second car with Shoe slipper in hand and they both stepped away and left the systerm property. The T/O was unharmed.

Oh yes the shoe slipper, I have heard stories from the 70's about them in the hands of the train crew. When a passenger gets sick some people do care. I had a CPR and first aid cert. which has since expired, but when it was still good, if the sick person was near my car I would offer assistance if it was needed. I am glad there are now laws to protect MTA workers.

Archived