Exam 2901 MABSTOA?

TransitMan23

:eek:wow that`s bad so when will they resume because now i`m not sure who will call me 1st 8006 list 3,514 number or 2901 list 1,894 number

they will start back in jan 2010 for mabstoa but t/a is still hiring...they will call us for the boss survey for 2901 before the end of the year..i think they will call you for those exams around the same time...

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
they will start back in jan 2010 for mabstoa but t/a is still hiring...they will call us for the boss survey for 2901 before the end of the year..i think they will call you for those exams around the same time...

well if so n that case i`m gonna pick nyc transit beacuse i wanna work out of staten island depot

• 1 month later...
yea that`s true TransitMan23 but i`m all ready to go got the cdl lincese. but i feel like calling and hassleing them for answers but i`ll wait for the surprise from them

lol i call like every week and they say the same shit no more hiring for mabstoa until january...this sucks.. we still didnt take the boss survey yet....

• 2 weeks later...
today was my second lesson driving a school bus at driving school..i did really good and my instructor said im a natural.. my road test is nov 12th...i want my cdl before they call so i can just pass day 7 and thats it ..no stress lol

Sounds good, where will you be taking your DMV road test next month? About the Mabsota/MTA Bus exam for next year, you file,pay the fee, wait for a random list number in the mail, then wait to be called for the BOSS, is that the way it works?

Sounds good, where will you be taking your DMV road test next month? About the Mabsota/MTA Bus exam for next year, you file,pay the fee, wait for a random list number in the mail, then wait to be called for the BOSS, is that the way it works?
All i can say to those waiting to join tha Ranks please your not missing anything these people want you to surrender and bow down to them Manhattan Division is tha worst by far i have only been on tha job for a short period of time and have a complaint only because i was doing my job and tha same person who lodged tha complaint called me a mother ****** and im sure he only told my side of tha story and not his side these one sided complaints im sure are the norm

All i can say to those waiting to join tha Ranks please your not missing anything these people want you to surrender and bow down to them Manhattan Division is tha worst by far i have only been on tha job for a short period of time and have a complaint only because i was doing my job and tha same person who lodged tha complaint called me a mother ****** and im sure he only told my side of tha story and not his side these one sided complaints im sure are the norm

wow and theres no way of catching them in the act so they can get in trouble.

my road test is in yonkers and your right about the exam pay fee random number wait for boss.

i know in the city those old people complain about everthing like not knelling the bus ...time etc...lol

I know that TA is the preferred way to go over Mabstoa and MTA Bus. Just curious, actually only interested in MTA Bus as an alternative. Just wondering if the theory about taking as many mta exams as you can just so you can get your foot in the door applies.

i hear alot of operators from mabstoa and dispatchers tell me that mabstoa is better than t/a because t/a has alot of different rules tha mab..they told me to do mabstoa so i listened..i put in for cunductor and motor man too for more options but relly want to drive the bus..

i hear alot of operators from mabstoa and dispatchers tell me that mabstoa is better than t/a because t/a has alot of different rules tha mab..they told me to do mabstoa so i listened..i put in for cunductor and motor man too for more options but relly want to drive the bus..
Tha only Difference is that TA is Civil Service (MTA)Bus and MaBstoa is not so if you dont like Operating a Bus and want to go underground to Rapid your better off going with TA because TA is tha only Bus Division who can take Promotion to Train Operator Correct me if im wrong but i believe im right

and to me Brooklyn Division has been Demoted to MaBstoa since Manhattan and Tha Bronx can now pick into Brooklyn and vice versa with tha Only real TA Depots now being in tha Boroughs of Queens and Staten Island

Tha only Difference is that TA is Civil Service (MTA)Bus and MaBstoa is not so if you dont like Operating a Bus and want to go underground to Rapid your better off going with TA because TA is tha only Bus Division who can take Promotion to Train Operator Correct me if im wrong but i believe im right

and to me Brooklyn Division has been Demoted to MaBstoa since Manhattan and Tha Bronx can now pick into Brooklyn and vice versa with tha Only real TA Depots now being in tha Boroughs of Queens and Staten Island

i think mabstoa can also take the promotional... i know alot of bus operators in mabstoa who told me so...yeah your right civil and non civil but i was talking about work rules like being hot etc

Also the pension plans are different. TA is in NYCERS and Mabstoa and MTA Bus aren't.

Somebody who is on the 8006 list asked me if they work 10 yrs then retire,what kind of pension are they looking at more or less. I think you can vest out after 5 yrs. I am going to guess that for 10 yrs, it would be around 20% of your last years pay or the highest of your last 3 years pay.

any news with the 5025 exam is it done or what list number they r up 2 on it i`m waiting for the 8006 exam to start

I wish I knew what number they are up to on the 5025, no, that list isn't done yet. They should be around #4,000+all the people who were passed up for whatever reasons who had lower list numbers.

Somebody did post on here once that they do call from both lists at the same time, for example once they reach the end of 5025 they start using 8006. However since the 5025 list doesn't expire until the fall of 2011, the people on hold from the 5025 are still active. Is this correct or not?

Also the pension plans are different. TA is in NYCERS and Mabstoa and MTA Bus aren't.

Somebody who is on the 8006 list asked me if they work 10 yrs then retire,what kind of pension are they looking at more or less. I think you can vest out after 5 yrs. I am going to guess that for 10 yrs, it would be around 20% of your last years pay or the highest of your last 3 years pay.

your right after 5 years you can vest...

Archived