R160 brakes

Tracknut

I had a chat with a member about this one and we both came to the conclusion that it could be that they're still getting accustomed to the new train. They haven't gotten used to it yet.

But I know what you mean. Sometimes my whole body gets thrown toward the front of the train during a long stop. It almost seems like they're trying not to overshoot the station.

What it is you have these B Div T/O's who are not "used" to these trains yet..

There is a "art" in stopping them you have to learn how to stop them in min brake and its a smooth stop, i learned this in the A Div with the R142's..

Even when i posted on the Nancy with the R160's i was stopping them with ease beacuse i had exprience with tech trains..

It takes time...:cool::cool:

I look forward to working with them when i work my Nancy Job next Pick..

I am still adjusting my operation. I been handling the R 160 alright but they are on the hard side. However just my road simulation I think I got the R 143's down since I know that motor noise. Its the same sound as the R 142A.

Just don't be adjusting while I am on board. I fall, I sue. Oh wait......I can't.

What it is you have these B Div T/O's who are not "used" to these trains yet..

There is a "art" in stopping them you have to learn how to stop them in min brake and its a smooth stop, i learned this in the A Div with the R142's..

Even when i posted on the Nancy with the R160's i was stopping them with ease beacuse i had exprience with tech trains..

It takes time...:cool::cool:

I look forward to working with them when i work my Nancy Job next Pick..

I am still adjusting my operation. I been handling the R 160 alright but they are on the hard side. However just my road simulation I think I got the R 143's down since I know that motor noise. Its the same sound as the R 142A.

Have you guys known of anyone who couldn't quite get used to it and was pulled by NYCT from the new train?

Yeah the reason why they are hard stops is because with those trains, they take time getting use to the braking. T/Os are use to having air brakes, the R143, R160s and R142s use a different system of braking, not air brakes. I still prefer air brakes rather then the craps thats on the New Tech Garbage.

Have you guys known of anyone who couldn't quite get used to it and was pulled by NYCT from the new train?

Wouldn't be hard for NYCT management to know if someone isn't getting used to the braking system of the R160's. Everyone deserves to learn it I guess.

Archived