(G) Train to Church Signage gets an Update!

mark1447

Strange, I was at that station a half hour before you were, Mark.

half an hr ago as in.. 7:15pm dude? lol

i was already the Bx by then. I was the (G) at about...............5:45PM. Unless thats wat ya mean?

That's what I meant. I got on a Manhattan-bound (F) at 4 Ave at 5:53 PM.

so i was before u. damn we could of meet.

Just curious. were u at Coney Island with black sunglasses taking pics at CI (F) Platform?(Southern). Cuz I saw some dude taking pics dunno if thats u..

I was at Coney Island today, and I spotted someone with the old blue and orange TA logo hat. No sunglasses though, I was wearing jeans and a dark blue shirt; with a backpack.

nah that aint me. Was twearing an NYC Subway Tshirt as usual lol. short pants and a notebook case. Left a bit early cuz some asian T/a worker sound like he was stalking me only because i was taking pics... Luckily he kept his mouth shut and said nothing

It's about time for the (G) to shine now. Transfer is available to the (F). Now the (NYCT)has to make one of them an EXP.

Only the (F) can go express because the (G) doesn't have access to express tracks while the (F) does.

Thanks.....I took them today like around after 1pm from getting vids of the (5) train!

kool

btw Curtis how long as this been at 15th st:

101_0030.jpg

seeing as parts of the (G) sticker Logo has been ripped..

As of tonight (11 PM), some sign crew were see putting (G)s on signage at 7th Avenue. Also the sign on 4th and 9th is getting a (G) over the former (W) spot.

(W) Spot? I didnt notice they had one. where at?

(W) Spot? I didnt notice they had one. where at?

It's at 4th between 9th and 10th Streets. The sign is in front of the IND entrance. It goes (F)...(M)(R). It was originally (F)(M)(N)(R) then (F)(W)(M)(R) now the (W) is blacked out and all is left is wide gap between the (F) and (M) with a yellow ring.

How does this sound? All (F) trains run express in Brooklyn between Jay St and Church Av all times, using the lower level of the Bergen St station to transfer to/from (G) trains. Rush hours extend the (V) south of Lower East Side/2 Av to Kings Highway via existing (F) trackage. (F) trains running in peak direction during that time would use the center express track to provide express service as far south as Kings Highway. Just north of the station, (V) trains would switch onto the center track, stop, and reverse to use the Manhattan-bound local track to go back up while peak-direction (F) trains continue to Stillwell. One plus to this idea is that if something were to happen to one or more (V) trains,you could pull an R46 set out of CIY and sign it up as a (V) to pick up the slack.

How does this sound? All (F) trains run express in Brooklyn between Jay St and Church Av all times, using the lower level of the Bergen St station to transfer to/from (G) trains. Rush hours extend the (V) south of Lower East Side/2 Av to Kings Highway via existing (F) trackage. (F) trains running in peak direction during that time would use the center express track to provide express service as far south as Kings Highway. Just north of the station, (V) trains would switch onto the center track, stop, and reverse to use the Manhattan-bound local track to go back up while peak-direction (F) trains continue to Stillwell. One plus to this idea is that if something were to happen to one or more (V) trains,you could pull an R46 set out of CIY and sign it up as a (V) to pick up the slack.
No, just no. The (G) does not have enough cars or trains per hour to handle the load of the (F) especially at 4th Avenue. It would get swamped big time. Do any of you actually ride the system and pay attention to the load? or is everyone just a computer chair "dispatcher/planner" moving things around cause it will fulfill whatever foamer dream that they have in their tiny hearts?

Why do people keep pulling the (V) out their butts? The will NEVER touch Brooklyn soil. Plz no more extending the (V).

Why do people keep pulling the (V) out their butts? The will NEVER touch Brooklyn soil. Plz no more extending the (V).

Not that I necessarily agree with some of the ideas some people here have, but think about the following problem: (F) trains are running express in Brooklyn. What line would run local? As Julio said, the (G) cannot handle the loads due to short trains & long headways. The (V) is the next logical choice to send to Brooklyn.

For hilarity's sake, lets envision that the (F) was designated express in BK and the (G) serviced all the local stations along the line (terminating at Church Av). The fellas at the local stations (probably going to/from Manhattan) now have to wait a while for a (G) to come around and then wait again for an (F). Considering the residents of the affected areas, political pressure would be put on immediately to provide these people with access to Manhattan.

Archived