R68/R68A's (Q)(W) Lines Best Time and Best Stations

I'm trying to figure out and I need your guys help whats the best time and stations to hunt for the R68/R68As on the (Q)(W) lines in Manhattan? I'm asking this question because I wanna go so the I can catch those subway cars on the (Q)(W) lines because of those Infamous R160s. Please help me out on this as I try to get photos of it this week

I don't know why you think the R160s are infamous, because they're not if over 1,150 cars in the fleet are R160s...

I don't even think the (W) runs R68s anymore. They might run 1 or 2 sets on the (W), and I would check during rush hours. The (Q) is the same but it's easier to find R68s on the Q. You can check during rush hours and middays on the (Q)

As for best stations...

(Q)

Sheepshead Bay

Kings Highway

Avenue H

Beverly Road (basically any Brighton station with good scenery)

Atlantic Ave.

(W)

42nd St. - 1st car N/B is a decent photo op, I think, but everywhere else in hte station works as well

39th Ave. in Astoria

30th Ave.

Astoria Blvd.

Go to 57th street for the (Q). Its a nice station (my fave :cool:) and most likely you will find 2 (Q) trains waiting in the terminal. It shouldn't be that hard to find R68/A's.

i was lucky to ride in an R68A on the (Q) 2 nights ago. i didnt think they'd be on there anymore besides the (;). that was unexpected.

dude, i see R68/A's on the (Q) every time I ride it. In fact last time I rode the (Q) (June 23, 2009) I saw mostly R68/A's.

The R68As on the (Q) are not rare to find at all. Almost half of the fleet is R68As as the R160s have not taken over the line yet. You can find the trains at any (Q) stop and believe me, there won't be much waiting at all.

By the way, the (;) line is already full with R68As, so that leaves one less situation for the Transit Authority to mess up.

• 2 weeks later...

With the R23s, R40Ms and R42s facing retirement, does anyome know if these cars will see another yard reassignment before they go, or was last year's flip-flop the last they'll ever see?

yeah but I thought option 2 was going to Jamaica Yard

Many of the Option I Alstom R160B trains are going from CI to Jamaica. That's how CI is getting R160B option II. However, all but 40 R160As are going to Jamaica.

With the R23s, R40Ms and R42s facing retirement, does anyome know if these cars will see another yard reassignment before they go, or was last year's flip-flop the last they'll ever see?

I'll tell you this. All SMEE's in Jamaica Yard will be going straight to the barge, not the (A)(C). Will the R32's on the (A)(C) go somewhere else? idk

I'll tell you this. All SMEE's in Jamaica Yard will be going straight to the barge, not the (A)(C). Will the R32's on the (A)(C) go somewhere else? idk

Dang, even the R32s? That's a shame. But they're already starting to retire R32s already so it's no surprise.

I think the R32s on the (A) and (C) stick around only for the fact that they're on the (C), until the count falls below 200. Jamaica will send extra R46s and will be receiving a surplus of R160s then as a result. But can anyone estimate when the R32s will go? My guess is probably by next summer, and the R42s will be gone in the beginning of the year. Then again I wouldn't be shocked if that's wrong because I thought the Slants would live to see July but boy was I off!

Go to 57th street for the (Q). Its a nice station (my fave :cool:) and most likely you will find 2 (Q) trains waiting in the terminal. It shouldn't be that hard to find R68/A's.

dude, i see R68/A's on the (Q) every time I ride it. In fact last time I rode the (Q) (June 23, 2009) I saw mostly R68/A's.

ok but im talking about an actual R68A, the ones the (:D mostly uses now. the (Q) is mostly R160 and Regular R68's. which is y i said i FINALLY took an "R68A" on the (Q). idk if u noticed, but there are more R68's and R160's on the (Q) then R68A's Now. i remember taking alot of R68A's on the (Q) and i was loving it. but now its just those Regular R68's, like on the (D), and those R160's.

ok but im talking about an actual R68A, the ones the (:D mostly uses now. the (Q) is mostly R160 and Regular R68's. which is y i said i FINALLY took an "R68A" on the (Q). idk if u noticed, but there are more R68's and R160's on the (Q) then R68A's Now. i remember taking alot of R68A's on the (Q) and i was loving it. but now its just those Regular R68's, like on the (D), and those R160's.

I like R68A's better, but they aren't that different

I like R68A's better, but they aren't that different

nah they not, but if u look, the windows are different, same goes for the seats. they're a little different, but i love those cars alot. they fit perfectly on the (Q). they look nice on the (:D(D)*(N)(W) and other lines too, but they look perfect on the (Q).

*occasions or some G.O.'s.

nah they not, but if u look, the windows are different, same goes for the seats. they're a little different, but i love those cars alot. they fit perfectly on the (Q). they look nice on the (:D(D)*(N)(W) and other lines too, but they look perfect on the (Q).

*occasions or some G.O.'s.

Yea, I know all of the differences. Also to me, the R68A feels like an overall better quality car than the R68. I think the R68A is the highest quality car in the system.

Archived