R68/R68A's (Q)(W) Lines Best Time and Best Stations

Many of the Option I Alstom R160B trains are going from CI to Jamaica. That's how CI is getting R160B option II. However, all but 40 R160As are going to Jamaica.

The cars sent over to Jamaica were spares. Jamaica is getting the whole option II order.

Wouldn't the Siemens cars from option II go to CIY? I thought the whole transfer happened because JYD needed them more than CIY did.

Nothing is set in stone right now but I would assume they're going to Jamaica since CI doesn't need them right now.

• 2 weeks later...

If you're going to "hunt" for them then don't make it a point to just do the R68s. There's plenty of R68s on the (Q) and none on the (W) from what I hear. Since this makes it a lot easier for you to get R68s then you should also focus on other stuff like the Astoria Line, or the Pelham line, or the (1) line, etc. I'm assuming you're going to add a lot of time to your trip waiting for the train, and since you'll hardly need any of that time for waiting I suggest you spend that time on riding new lines and getting more pics.

If you're going to "hunt" for them then don't make it a point to just do the R68s. There's plenty of R68s on the (Q) and none on the (W) from what I hear. Since this makes it a lot easier for you to get R68s then you should also focus on other stuff like the Astoria Line, or the Pelham line, or the (1) line, etc. I'm assuming you're going to add a lot of time to your trip waiting for the train, and since you'll hardly need any of that time for waiting I suggest you spend that time on riding new lines and getting more pics.

I think I will spend some time on the BMT Broadway Line and record the R160 (Q)(W) train announcements and if I'm lucky I'll catch one. I've been hearing people saying theres 1-2 R68/R68As sets on the (W).

Even if you heard those people say that, I think the (W) is back to being all R160 by now. You should do the (1) in Upper Manhattan as you do the Broadway line regularly now.

I have to see if I can make time for that. But If I go take pics tomorrow I have to do the (;)(D)(N)(Q)(W) trains and maybe the (E). So how does that sound

Archived