Increased Number of R160's on the F?

Dave160

First. I did see alot of R160's on the (F) on Sunday while sitting at CTL doing my Switching Job.

Second. Now that the R40s's are gone I was told by a Tower Opt. that he sent 2 or 3 trains of R32's from Jamaica yard to 207yard last Weekend on there finel trip of there life. He did not get the neber of these cars those.

Now that the Slants are gone and the (C) switching to R46s in the future, the R46 are being sent to Pitnkin and R160s are filling the spot.

R46 transfer to Pitkin is done. R160s are filling Jamaica Yard either way and now that the (E) is almost all R160 the (F) is next.

First. I did see alot of R160's on the (F) on Sunday while sitting at CTL doing my Switching Job.

Second. Now that the R40s's are gone I was told by a Tower Opt. that he sent 2 or 3 trains of R32's from Jamaica yard to 207yard last Weekend on there finel trip of there life. He did not get the neber of these cars those.

Ahh ok that explains it. I'm seeing even more R160's on the F today. I've also seen more 42's than 46's on the F.

Ahh ok that explains it. I'm seeing even more R160's on the F today. I've also seen more 42's than 46's on the F.

Once the R160 order is complete, the F would be half R46 and half R160A/B. You're seeing less R46s on the F these past days b/c some R46s had been running on the E due to some ridiculous R160B problems.

Once the R160 order is complete, the F would be half R46 and half R160A/B. You're seeing less R46s on the F these past days b/c some R46s had been running on the E due to some ridiculous R160B problems.

You've seen this yourself?

NET/O, these would probably be the cars:

3374/5, 3464/5, 3504/5, 3662/3, 3720/1, 3742/3, 3750/1 & 3868/9.

3412/3, 3586/7, 3592/3469, 3676/7 & 3794/5

I am getting my info from an (MTA) source who I would rather not disclose.

3750/51,3794/95 & 3412/13 is already at Concource, More R40M/R42's also retierd and the (A) has Now a total of 2 R32's trainsets instead of 3, if 2 more R46's are transfered NO MORE R32's on the (A) until the Fall when the R32/R46 (A)/© swap happens and from there they will start their Retierement, I am going to Look for R32's the Most and R40M/42's on the (E).

Is it just me, or does it seem like there's a big increase of the amount of 160's on the (F)? I've seen R160's on there more often now, and seen some R160's 5 in a row along the (F).

The Reason why the (F) has More R160's is because the (C) is Runing this weekend as well as Next weekend, when the ©harlie does not run on the weekend some (C) crew are on the (F) and 1/4 of them are not R160 ready so they have to pull R40M/42's out the back as well as an R32 with 2 R160's, 1/4 of the (C) crew are R160 ready because they also work on the (J) and (L) lines.

So Expect more R160's on the (F), In the Futrue the (F) will be 50% R160's while the 50% R46.

That Leaves only 2 train sets, I don't know why they are sending R32's instead of R42's, the R42's look like they are going to fall off their wheels over at Jamaica.

That Leaves only 2 train sets, I don't know why they are sending R32's instead of R42's, the R42's look like they are going to fall off their wheels over at Jamaica.

I heard that these cars were retired because RTO didn't feel like it was worth making extensive repairs to them (for w/e reason).

The (F) & (G) line GO will be coming soon. On the weekend of July 18th-20th and 25th-27th, the (G) will be going to Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue and the (F) will be terminating at Euclid Avenue.

so is there a chance that R160 will run on the (G) during the GO?

NET/O, these would probably be the cars:

3374/5, 3464/5, 3504/5, 3662/3, 3720/1, 3742/3, 3750/1 & 3868/9.

3412/3, 3586/7, 3592/3469, 3676/7 & 3794/5

I am getting my info from an (MTA) source who I would rather not disclose.

i will treat these cars as retired on the datasheet. thanks for posting.

:cry:

R32's are almost gone from Jamaica!:eek: I'm in Jersey for the summer, so its gonna be really hard for me to ride them!:confused: I'm coming in to NYC tomorrow so I might get a chance to railfan them on the (F) or (R). Time is limited, they'll probably be gone before summer's end! :o

The (F) & (G) line GO will be coming soon. On the weekend of July 18th-20th and 25th-27th, the (G) will be going to Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue and the (F) will be terminating at Euclid Avenue.

I am looking forward to these weekend end, at least I will be work on my (G) Jobs. So far last Sunday the 28th and next Saturday the 5th I am reassigned. On the 6th will be the first time I will get to work my Picked (G) Job.

R32's are almost gone from Jamaica!:eek: I'm in Jersey for the summer, so its gonna be really hard for me to ride them!:confused: I'm coming in to NYC tomorrow so I might get a chance to railfan them on the (F) or (R). Time is limited, they'll probably be gone before summer's end! :o

Forget the F or R and ride the C. You're guaranteed to get one and you won't have to wait for it either. R32s won't be gone by the summer's end, they'll be around for months to come at least on the C line. Not sure about the A or lines out of Jamaica yard.

Thank God, Hopefuly an R32 can Pop Up, Forget an R42, I rode R42's on the (G) already and R32's but the R32 is better and I even rode an R160B 9173-9182 on the (G).

Jamaica R32's:

Yesterday

2 on the (F), I missed 1 at jay st while on R32 (A)

1 on the (R) I was pissed because I was planing on taking the (R) (Layed up at Parsons bivd/Hillside)

Most of the R32's are on the (F)

Rarely on the (E)/® if the (R) goes to 179 you will have a better chance.

Also There is R32's doing garbage pick ups this summer, I have pics of them and I will post them later.

I heard that these cars were retired because RTO didn't feel like it was worth making extensive repairs to them (for w/e reason).

Also the R32's are a Small Fleet at Jamaica so that's why they are sending them bye-bye, But some of those cars like 3412/13 were in good running shape, some of the ones at 207th are doing fine. The r42's are really in bade shape, 4741 has a slow brake release and I was on an r42 yesterday and I had a really slow takeoff.

Forget the F or R and ride the C. You're guaranteed to get one and you won't have to wait for it either. R32s won't be gone by the summer's end, they'll be around for months to come at least on the C line. Not sure about the A or lines out of Jamaica yard.

I wasn't saying the R32's will be gone by summer's end, I said they'd be out of Jamaica by summer's end. Honestly, I hate the (C) train. It's not worth riding. Besides, I just rode a R32 (F) today. (I came into NYC today)

Here are some tips if you want to catch them on the (E)(F)(R)....

Forget the (E). The (F) and (R) are better to railfan them on.

Wait at Forest Hills between 7:45-8:30, depending on what you want. There are tons of SMEE (F) trains in the morning, and a good amount of (R) R32s too. There is a 7:59 (R) out of Forest Hills that usually was an R32, but IDK if it's an R42 now. If you wait those 30-45 minutes you are guaranteed to catch an R32 (F) or (R) (maybe both).

It is also a good idea to wait at 36th St. N/B a little before 4, there is an (R) put-in from CI there.

How often does the (R) go to 179th street?

Weekend G.O.s where the (F) is affected (usually when it runs local). You have to check the G.O. posters to see if the (R) is extended.

Archived