We Need An (8)

I believe that the (MTA) Should Once Again Bring back the <4> but instead of having the (4) and <4> it should just be the <4> and (8)...

The (MTA) Has A Middle Track Along Jerome Av Right Well Its Should be used More Often...I think the (8) should be a Lexington Av Local And Bronx Local. And the (4)/<4> A Bronx Express....

the (4) and (8) Should Both Stop in woodlawn North Bound

(8)To Flatbush South Bound and during rush hours to New Lots Av Scince The (5) Goes to Flatbush Rush Hours

Not bad

Maybe the (8) Can Run from Woodlawn to Brroklyn Bridge via Jerome/Lex Local . Although that can be a problem for PM hrs when the <6> Pelham Exp is running which would limit the time between route.

But id doubt the (MTA) is gonna wanna do anything like that. They Just gonna keep the (4) Jerome Local and <4> Jerome Expres. Besides Who knows if there is gonna be a Diamond <4> like the (6)(7).. But could happen.. Im wondering if there is going to be PM Express Service on the Jerome line too...

I heard somewhere that 8 was the secret number for the (S) Times Square Shuttle like how H is the secret letter for the (S) Rockaway Shuttle

The (8) was originally used for the 3rd Avenue EL in the bronx(149th The Hub to Williamsbridge-Gun Hill Rd) before it discontinued in 1973

I have no idea where you all got your information from, but wherever you got it from, put it back.

The TA designations are:

FS - Franklin Av (S)

GS - 42nd St (S)

H - Rockaway Park (S) (this one was listed correctly in a prior post)

The 8 and 0 are not used at all.

Here's a quick giveaway: normally, a service on a timetable is listed as http://mta.info/nyct/service/pdf/t5cur.pdf, with the "5" between "t" and "cur" representing the timetable service. This would go for any other routes; the 1, L, 7, etc. But the 42nd Street Shuttle uses "0" now (http://mta.info/nyct/service/pdf/t0cur.pdf). Why I don't know. The Rockaway Park Shuttle uses "H" and the Franklin Avenue Shuttle uses "S", though.

I have no idea where you all got your information from, but wherever you got it from, put it back.

The TA designations are:

FS - Franklin Av (S)

GS - 42nd St (S)

H - Rockaway Park (S) (this one was listed correctly in a prior post)

The 8 and 0 are not used at all.

I had asked a Supt. that I know about this a while ago, I remember him saying something about there being a number for the Times Square Shuttle, but I could have misheard him.

I had asked a Supt. that I know about this a while ago, I remember him saying something about there being a number for the Times Square Shuttle, but I could have misheard him.

Not all Superintendents know what they're talking about. Ask any T/O or C/R and they'll agree. ;)

...Wiki lied to me then cause they have the 11 as the 42st shuttle

Don't always believe everything Wikipedia says, because the editors tend to lie (except me and FlushingExpress of course!). :-)

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

well i mean its just an opinion

It's a good idea but dx how bout a EXP 9 ;) having A 8 train would be fun to see that middle track should get used turn that 8 EXP into something like the <7 use that track (MTA)(K)<R>

The 8 on the R62 signs was supposeldy designated for the <6>, and it was probably 10 or 14 that was designated for some sort of 4 special (maybe to Flatbush). But they're not going with double numbers now, and the digital signs on the 142's won't fit them.

The 8 on the R62 signs was supposeldy designated for the <6>, and it was probably 10 or 14 that was designated for some sort of 4 special (maybe to Flatbush). But they're not going with double numbers now, and the digital signs on the 142's won't fit them.

Don't the R62 signs have alot of unused numbers, I think they have 10 tru 14 in red or green.

Archived