Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
mark1447

(G) via Manhattan

Hey, has there every been a General Order Detour via Crosstown line(Such as Stalled train, emergency, etc), which caused the (G) to reroute over Manhattan via the (A)(C)(E)(F)(V)? Between Brooklyn and Queens

Hey, has there every been a General Order Detour via Crosstown line(Such as Stalled train, emergency, etc), which caused the (G) to reroute over Manhattan via the (A)(C)(E)(F)(V)? Between Brooklyn and Queens

For what it's worth I don't think so. However, I remember sometime last year an (F) train was detoured onto the Crosstown line, bypassing Manhattan. But as far as I am concerned, I have never recalled the (G) going into Manhattan, in any circumstance. What a weird subway route.

If the railroad blows up on Crosstown, they shut the (G) down rather than take it into Manhattan. But if 6th Av blows up, the (F) goes via Crosstown. Weird, right?

If the railroad blows up on Crosstown, they shut the (G) down rather than take it into Manhattan. But if 6th Av blows up, the (F) goes via Crosstown. Weird, right?

Not true I did once take my (G) train the long way to CTL do to a problem in Brooklyn. Granted I was not in serivce, just light, but it was fun those. B)

Not true I did once take my (G) train the long way to CTL do to a problem in Brooklyn. Granted I was not in serivce, just light, but it was fun those. B)

Ah, ok. That must've been fun, seeing the weird faces as you're coming down in Manhattan.

If there is a G.O, they just either close down the (G), make it run in two sections or terminate it at Hoyt.

Why? Why not just reroute? Or would that just heat up delays on the Manhattan IND MLs?

I was on a rerouted G train, got on at East Broadway and got off at 50th street. Must have been around 1994. Think it was a bank holdup or something going on at Hoyt I don't remember.

once, in 2000. there was some track problem on the Crosstown line, so they ended up detouring the Queens-bound (G) train via the (F) line between Bergen St and Queens Plaza (back then when the (F) used to run up 53 St). i dont know if they did that to all (G) trains, or if only SOME Selected (G) trains ran via the (F) line. i know i saw it twice via the (F) line that day.

Back in 2004 or 2005, I remember witnessing a Not In Service 4-Car R46 (G) travel Travel uptown (Perhaps Queens-Bound rather) on the 8 Av Line. I think I saw it at West 4 St or 14 St; one of those stations....

I've operated the (G) via Manhattan in passenger service a few times, due to stalled trains, back when the weekday (G) went to Continental Ave. Mind you it was a 6 car R-46. I don't think they'd do it today because the train is too short and it could create chaos on the (F) line as 8 cars of people try to fit into 4 cars.

I've operated the (G) via Manhattan in passenger service a few times, due to stalled trains, back when the weekday (G) went to Continental Ave. Mind you it was a 6 car R-46. I don't think they'd do it today because the train is too short and it could create chaos on the (F) line as 8 cars of people try to fit into 4 cars.

How true. If the (G) was 6-car R46s or 8-car R32s then it wouldn't be a problem.