D40LF with Orange lettering?

Dave160

I only had enough time to get a picture from the back.

100_2898.jpg

Never really seen a D40LF with orange led's. Usually they have green ones. Both the front and back signs were in orange.

That is 915, the only unit to have those orange LEDs. Also they are C40LFs, not D40LF.

915 has a prototype AESYS Verbabus destination sign set, installed in 2005 as an experiment.

911 had a Luminator Horizon set, but it was removed and replaced with traditional Luminator MegaMAX flipdot signs due to problems.

Orion V 244 also has an experimental Luminator Horizon sign. 247 had Balios orange LED signs as a test, but those were replaced with flipdots.

Guest Charles
915 has a prototype AESYS Verbabus destination sign set, installed in 2005 as an experiment.

911 had a Luminator Horizon set, but it was removed and replaced with traditional Luminator MegaMAX flipdot signs due to problems.

Orion V 244 also has an experimental Luminator Horizon sign. 247 had Balios orange LED signs as a test, but those were replaced with flipdots.

Would this be the same case for Orion V CNG #7253 (CP) as well?

Would this be the same case for Orion V CNG #7253 (CP) as well?

The only buses i know that have orange LED, but wasnt built with it are...

RTS #5105: Ulmer Park (ex-Flatbush)

C40LF #915: Jackie Gleason

Orion V CNG #7253: College Point

5106 also has orange signs, I saw it on the B3K last week.

Does it? Are you sure it wasn't 5105. I has a B3 turning on Avenue X from East 73rd Street with orange lighting, from the back. I couldn't catch the number but I assumed it was 5105, but when I think about it, it could be possible that bus had a black back, while 5105 has a white back. I could be wrong, cause I saw the bus for a total of 2 seconds, but if 5106 does have orange lighting now, that would explain me possibly seeing a black backed orange lighted B3.

Archived