Woodhaven station (Atlantic Av branch)

Aqueduct

Ahh the Atlantic Ave station, very nice, I only got to see it once, they were doing some kind of work down there and one of the guys let me take a quick peep. You cant get down there anymore as they have sealed off the stairway with cement. People used to be able to transfer from the tracks above by walking down a set of stairs to the subway belowe ground The overhead tracks are still there but are not in use and most of the station is deteriorated and collapsed in on istelf and very overgrown. The overhead elevated line to the Rockaways hasnt been in use since 1968. The overhead elevated tracks run from Queens Blvd to JFK and the old Substation #3 is still there as well and still provides power to the subway below. The underground station can only be accessible via emergency stairways that they created on each side of Atlantic Ave and are locked.

My friends was able to get in to the tunnels around there when i was a kid. I never been down there. I dont know how they did it. Was told that the put alarms on them and they stopped going down in them. This was near Atlantic ave and i think 102st or somewhere around there.

Better then the assenime move I made by going to Lower Bergen with a group of friends when I was younger. We went from Jay, walked down the tunnels in MTH orange vests, entered Lower Bergen, it was very dark. So dark it was scary. You can hear a pindrop, even when a train passed upstairs. I wish I had my camera. I'll NEVER trespass again. I never want to, Lower Bergen...smells like butt. Just never go into a tunnel. At least Lower Bergen has no active service, Woodhaven DOES, one wrong move, you'll either fry on the 3rd Rail or become roadkill on the front of a M7.

My friends was able to get in to the tunnels around there when i was a kid. I never been down there. I dont know how they did it. Was told that the put alarms on them and they stopped going down in them. This was near Atlantic ave and i think 102st or somewhere around there.

Yeah there are silent alarms that notify LIRR central when you open up any of the emergency exits. It's between 100 street and 98th street.

You know, in all the times I've ridden down to Flatbush I've never seen the station, having actively looked a few times.

Does anyone here have pictures like that site? Also, about how far is it from ENY time-wise when you're riding to/from Jamaica?

• 2 weeks later...

The drains in the underpass are very, very clogged, but the water level varies from dry to feet over the course of the year and the water table and temperature etc.

I got this info from an urban explorer who used to work for (MTA). He was part of the group that maintains stations and related infrastructure such as lights, platform furniture (gap fillers), tactile edge strips, drains, etc.

The reason the underpass is closed i'm not sure, but i know it has something to do with safety.

- A

You know, in all the times I've ridden down to Flatbush I've never seen the station, having actively looked a few times.

Does anyone here have pictures like that site? Also, about how far is it from ENY time-wise when you're riding to/from Jamaica?

From Jamaica station its probably about 2 minutes from the time you leave. The train goes so fast on that line that you only have a small amount of time to catch a glimpse if you can.

Archived