Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
mark1447

R46 Stays on the (G)!! (Church Avenue Related)

Dunno if this is old but Just to let everyone know, was rail fanning on Brighton/Culver-Crosstown this after noon, and when i headed to 4th Ave- 9th St going home. I saw they updated some of the signs over there.(Not the destinations yet)

And I saw the C/R board at the South End of the Manhattan Bound (F). And it says R46- 4 (4 for 4 Cars)

Heres a shot:

126feko.jpg

Im so glade its sticking with R46 when it heads to Church on July 5th, R160s/R68s are so not the (G). Now the question is, are the R46 staying with Jamaica or are moving to Stillwell? Im guessing staying with Jamaica...

For those who manage the Datasheet, should update it as there is no R68/A or R160s going on (G)

BTW view more shots of the (G) Church avenue Sign updates here:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11118

Don't be so sure yet, for there are some other lines (specifically B division) that have different fleets operating on them that have these C/R boards to let the C/R know where to stop. What I'm saying is that they might have put the (G) on there with the R46 so it is specific and if other fleets arrive on the line the C/R will know not to open there in case of stopping at the wrong marker. This doesn't mean you're wrong though, but it also doesn't mean there won't be other trains on the (G).

Don't be so sure yet, for there are some other lines (specifically B division) that have different fleets operating on them that have these C/R boards to let the C/R know where to stop. What I'm saying is that they might have put the (G) on there with the R46 so it is specific and if other fleets arrive on the line the C/R will know not to open there in case of stopping at the wrong marker. This doesn't mean you're wrong though, but it also doesn't mean there won't be other trains on the (G).

Id doubt an R160 would work with 4 cars (ABBA), maybe an R68/A would do.

Its similar to the (C) when it went R40A/R42 and they had the C/R marker up. And it was it.

But still i hope it sticks with what its got. I grow up with the (G)s running post-goh revenue46s..

besides why would it say R46 then? If it were R68/A or R160 they'd indicate it

I'm not talking about specific fleets, but for the others it could be in a different position on the station wall because of the difference in 60 footers and 75 footers.

Id doubt an R160 would work with 4 cars (ABBA), maybe an R68/A would do.

Its similar to the (C) when it went R40A/R42 and they had the C/R marker up. And it was it.

But still i hope it sticks with what its got. I grow up with the (G)s running post-goh revenue46s..

besides why would it say R46 then? If it were R68/A or R160 they'd indicate it

the (G) would use 5 car R160's not 4 car.4 car R46=300ft. R160 5 car =300ft.

the (G) would use 5 car R160's not 4 car.4 car R46=300ft. R160 5 car =300ft.

ya but then the R160 or R68 would stop at teh C/r (G) 4 mark right?

This is a viable possibility. Let's see what happens come July 5th and then we'll really know what cars the (G) will use.

Yes because they're 75 footers!

but the C/R board is toward the end of the station not center.

And R160 is not 75ft! R68/46 yes. I think 60ft for 160

R160s are 60' long.

I'm talking about R68s not R160s. If the R68s were ever to go in service on the (G) they would have the same stop positioning as the R46, because of the same car lengths. For 60 foot long trains the position would be different.

I'm talking about R68s not R160s. If the R68s were ever to go in service on the (G) they would have the same stop positioning as the R46, because of the same car lengths. For 60 foot long trains the position would be different.

I think the R160s would have the same stopping position because it's the same length of 300' total despite being 60' per car. If an R46 or an R68 or an R160 stops at the 6-car marker and is 300', it'd be at whatever position the (G) C/R board is regardless, unless I'm missing something.

You guys do know that 4 car R46 sets running on the (G) stop at the 6 car marker not the 4 car marker. The car stop signs are based on the number of 60' cars NOT 75' cars. This is why all 8 car 75' sets stop at the 10 car marker not the 8. The (G) could still use 4 car sets of R46 or R68s and 5 car R160 sets since the C/R position will all be in the same place.

I think the R160s would have the same stopping position because it's the same length of 300' total despite being 60' per car. If an R46 or an R68 or an R160 stops at the 6-car marker and is 300', it'd be at whatever position the (G) C/R board is regardless, unless I'm missing something.

You guys do know that 4 car R46 sets running on the (G) stop at the 6 car marker not the 4 car marker. The car stop signs are based on the number of 60' cars NOT 75' cars. This is why all 8 car 75' sets stop at the 10 car marker not the 8. The (G) could still use 4 car sets of R46 or R68s and 5 car R160 sets since the C/R position will all be in the same place.

The stop position will depend on how the 60 foot train is coupled is what I'm trying to say... because it's the conductor that needs access to the board, not the operator. And in the middle of the consist there has to be a B car for the c/r. ;)

im guessing then that the 4 car C/R board would then be used on weekends and the on wkdays the (G) would use 6 cars?

im guessing then that the 4 car C/R board would then be used on weekends and the on wkdays the (G) would use 6 cars?

I really don't know nor do I want to speculate on this. We will see how it works in just a few days. So everyone sit tight and all questions will in answered on July 5th, but this is the TA so it could be delayed.

I really don't know nor do I want to speculate on this. We will see how it works in just a few days. So everyone sit tight and all questions will in answered on July 5th, but this is the TA so it could be delayed.

sounds like a movie now...

Just an off topic question. i just wanna get this in my head for now on:

When the C/R Board indicates a Car number, such as 4 on the (G), doe sthat mean that the T/O car would stop on the 4 marker(Sign) in the front? Or does 4 indicate the 4th car. Same for other numbers..

sounds like a movie now...

Just an off topic question. i just wanna get this in my head for now on:

When the C/R Board indicates a Car number, such as 4 on the (G), does that mean that the T/O car would stop on the 4 marker(Sign) in the front? Or does 4 indicate the 4th car. Same for other numbers..

The 4-car C/R Board is specifically for the (G)'s 4-car R46 sets. Because that train is 300', it still stops at the 6-car marker regardless.

The 4-car C/R Board is specifically for the (G)'s 4-car R46 sets. Because that train is 300', it still stops at the 6-car marker regardless.

oh ok, so where would a 4 car train stop on the C/R board? at a the 5 car? If it were 46 tho

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

We need A T/O to answer this question but those markers like at Hoyt Schim Station maybe could shed some light on this question remember that video of that R160 well who ever could get close to that station maybe could answer this marker indication on where these trains might stop and which or all R160-R46 would stop(K)<R

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

We need A T/O to answer this question but those markers like at Hoyt Schim Station maybe could shed some light on this question remember that video of that R160 well who ever could get close to that station maybe could answer this marker indication on where these trains might stop and which or all R160-R46 would stop(K)<R

The T/O may know wats going on but its not enough to ans this type of question except anyone in the RTO

oh ok, so where would a 4 car train stop on the C/R board? at a the 5 car? If it were 46 tho

The 6 car marker.

went do G train to Church Avenue