Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
listener

Any MTA employees willing to talk to me about what their jobs sound like?

Hi everyone.

As part of my research on sound and listening in the NYC subway, I'm looking for MTA employees who I can interview about their experience in the system and what hearing has to do with what they do everyday. I'm interested in a perspective that can be contrasted with that of passengers and police officers, in order to give a broad and accurate representation of how sound functions in the subway.

If you are an MTA employee, or if you know one, please contact me at the email below. I would greatly appreciate your help. I can totally work around your schedule and our interviews can take place in person, over the phone, or online.

Thanks again,

Bill Boyer

Doctoral Candidate

New York University

bill.boyer@nyu.edu

Not really sure what your looking for here.. (No pun intended!)

I'd safely say every employee needs to have hearing ability. Horns & sounds of the trains approaching are important warnings for employees to be alert & stay safe while the trains approach & pass without being struck.. Also, we heavily rely on wireless communication so without hearing, It would be impossible to work as a crew member.. Try contacting (MTA) directly to see about working with restrictions on hearing ability..

Police officers? What is this? Trying to plan another terrorist attack? Ask the Transit Agency, not us.

Take a break there my friend, the guy just wants to look into the daily life of a train operator. Why does it have to be related to terrorism?!

Police officers? What is this? Trying to plan another terrorist attack? Ask the Transit Agency, not us.

Yeah dude, lighten up. If you ask me, here's a good place to start because there are a lot of transit workers that contribute here who would be willing to take part (I hope).

I know. But it just seems suspicious that all of a sudden within weeks of each other, another guy asks the same question about sounds that police officers can hear on the subway. I just don't want this forum to be responsible for an attack.

But I really think that he should get some basic information from here and nobody should go into greater detail about the views on police officers. Leave the transit agency to deal with that.

I know. But it just seems suspicious that all of a sudden within weeks of each other, another guy asks the same question about sounds that police officers can hear on the subway. I just don't want this forum to be responsible for an attack.

But I really think that he should get some basic information from here and nobody should go into greater detail about the views on police officers. Leave the transit agency to deal with that.

Considering that it's the same guy that has been looking for help for months, stop being paranoid.

I didn't know this was NYCTinFoilHatForums.com. Don't you just love how the quest for knowledge (in this case for doctoral research) is answered with an accusation of "you a terrorist or something?"

Do you try to stop people from taking photos in the subway too?

I didn't know this was NYCTinFoilHatForums.com. Don't you just love how the quest for knowledge (in this case for doctoral research) is answered with an accusation of "you a terrorist or something?"

Do you try to stop people from taking photos in the subway too?

LOL @ NYCTinFoilHatForums.com! :P:P:tup: