Bayonne W. 8th St. and North Bergen Tonnele Avenue

EE Broadway Local

Well, haven't heard anything about the line being extended past 22nd Street to 8th Street since NJT made it officially that they will extend it. I know someone who goes to Bayonne daily and they're close on 8th Street so I'm waiting for them to tell me word if they see NJT working around there. Can't tell from 22nd Street because I was there last week and its still the same.

Now as for plans for the line to be extended north, past Tonnelle, is still be thought of. If any of you saw the old plans for HBLR, you would see that the line was going to go all the way to Vince Lombardi Park & Ride with stops in North Bergen at 69th Street and 58th Street, and I forgot the next two stops after 85th and before Vince Lombardi. Well, thats not going to happen anyway. NJT threw out the old map of the entire system with the proposed complete system around the time Bergenline Avenue and Tonnelle Avenue opened. Now, theres a chance NJT wanna extend the line all the way to Tenafly, NJ. this isn't so far from Paramus. But NJT still speculating and rumoring about the idea.

Archived