Next Generation Question

Fresh Pond

Wrong, the Orion V CNGs is currently the most reliable local bus in the MTA.

OGs may be nice to drive in S.I, but they couldnt handle the loads and loads of passengers they had to handle. 6421 was one of 3 buses (6421, 6474 & 6492) that was sent to S.I for a test and it broke down on the S79 because it couldnt handle the loads, so it bottomed out and broke down. The NGs are actually taking those loads. The only few times I actually seen those S.I NGs break down is on the S44 to St.George. The loads on that route is way too horrible.

Also, you might get opinions on buses from B/Os from other forums, but there is no truth to opinions. Its better to find some facts which is what i've been doing on my recent trips to S.I.

Again you spoke the truth.....idk where he's getting his info from. He haven't rode a NG in Staten Island. NG's are filmsy thats laughable, they bottom out in Staten Island now all of a sudden ppl claim thats a bad bus don't seem to realize its the streets not the bus. If the NG's is that bad.....why is other TA's ordering them or got them in their cities instead of the OG's hmmmm? I'm seen so many problems OG's from the brakes to the unreadable signs where to the point the left side light panel was hanging off the bus literally by its wires and the OG's are doing fine LMAOOOOO. I'll take facts over opinions. Again Shane he has no idea what's he talking about!!

I always thought the Manhattan Division received a lot of special treatment because of Upper Manhattan's high asthma rates due to the high concentration of bus depots and I'm guessing the hybrids and other younger buses would help alleviate those rates, I may be wrong though.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

I always thought the Manhattan Division received a lot of special treatment because of Upper Manhattan's high asthma rates due to the high concentration of bus depots and I'm guessing the hybrids and other younger buses would help alleviate those rates, I may be wrong though.

2 of the depots in upper manhattan are bx division (KB and AMS) unless they finally made AMS manhattan division and 2 out of 5 upper manhattan depots have hybrids (Amsterdam and Manhattanville). 100 st, 126 st and KB don't have any. 100st because there are no hybrid artics and the other 2... well no one seems to know why they don't have hybrids.

The OG hybrid is currenty the most relible local bus in the MTA, and the OGs in SF are doing fine. B/Os like driving the OG hybrid so they must not be as bad as people make them out to be. Flatbush "messed" their NGs? LOL. FLA is one of the best maintence depots in NYC if anything the streets in BK is messing them up because they are filmsy, the RTS there are doing fine. I bet that if the OG ran in SI and got beat up by the streets people would be blaming the bus. I know that OGs can't last in SI but those NGs aren't doing too good on SI streets ethier. I remeber reading opinions about B/Os who driven the NGs on another forum and reading that the bus is flimsy and the mirror is always coming a loose! I never heard of that happening on an OG. The OGs at ENY and FP operate on rough streets in bed stuy and ENY and are doing fine.
Ha.. Who you fooling? Flatbush USED to be good back in the 90's. Even West Farms TMCs and Novas are in better shape than Flatbush's and West Farms has been slacking too. 3906 sputters and the RPMs flunctuates. Honestly what you say are opinions but you trying to pass it on as facts.. I sure ain't buying it. I know two drivers in Gun Hill who left Flatbush, both said "Flatbush doesn't take care of thier s*** like they used to back in the day." Also "Yeah Gun Hill is better than Flatbush when it comes to maintenance." Also I heard a NG from Flatbush screeching AND grinding. I ain't even hear that from a SI NG or even a LGA NG and LGA REALLY sucks too.

Ha.. Who you fooling? Flatbush USED to be good back in the 90's. Even West Farms TMCs and Novas are in better shape than Flatbush's and West Farms has been slacking too. 3906 sputters and the RPMs flunctuates. Honestly what you say are opinions but you trying to pass it on as facts.. I sure ain't buying it. I know two drivers in Gun Hill who left Flatbush, both said "Flatbush doesn't take care of thier s*** like they used to back in the day." Also "Yeah Gun Hill is better than Flatbush when it comes to maintenance." Also I heard a NG from Flatbush screeching AND grinding. I ain't even hear that from a SI NG or even a LGA NG and LGA REALLY sucks too.

Flatbush already destroyed some of the Ex-MJQ buses. I want the 8860-8870s back!

I heard some of them came to Flatbush beat up... and I want the 8800s back at KB.

Only 6 out of the many buses they had came beat up, 8864 was on the B46 and it got into an accident, also 5200 that was on the B2. 5173 got into an accident while pulling out of the depot..

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

I won't get into a shouting match as this cleary isn't subchat, but clearly we are using opinions(even bus drivers). In my opinion, Flatbush is better than Gun Hill hands down and I think we assume that fluttering buses, some slighty banged up exteriors and interiors and more means that Flatbush has worse mainteance. I try to examine all factors. 3 of the top 10 ridership routes in the city are out of Flatbush (Fact). Crush loads that these routes experience would definetely make buses sound horrible, run horrible and even make the seats horrible. Neighborhoods aside, people are brooklyn aren't the most cleanest. Also, though this is opinion and I don't have exact numbers, the 41, 44 and 46 are some of the longest routes in Bklyn. Now, I understand that there are accidents, bad bus drivers and maintainers, but Flatbush does a darn good job with the high, heavy duty ridership routes. Lastly, MJQ shouldn't be in the discussion anymore, it is the flagship depot in the heart of nyc, so there is no excuse 4 it to have bad mainteance and it shouldn't be included in the discussion.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Lastly, MBDF numbers I believe in the past has shown that Gun Hill has worse numbers the Flatbush. If someone could bring up the numbers, it could further my inference but take this post as an inference and opinion not as fact or observation.

What I want to know, why does JFk Gets NGs and Bp doesn't which has a best matainace out of MTA Bus? And when the Repowerd busses are Retired can Bp get back some of the Artics cause they worked well on the Q111,Q113/ltd.

You have no idea what you are talking about. FLA better than GH? I'm laughing. Gun Hill's maintenence has gotten better in the last 5-6 years. The last time I've rode on a 57xx D60HF on the Bx12+, it looked in fantastic condition. The amount of riders has no adverse effect on the way a bus looks. As I stated in the past, "its not the passengers who determine the overall appearance, its the maintainers who take care of the bus."

The M15 has the highest amount of riders on any bus route in the entire city and guess what? 126th Street takes really good care of those buses. Expectially the 10xx that MJQ gave 126. The reason why MJQ has been discussed in this thread is simple, MJQ's buses are the most well maintained buses in the entire system and that includes MTA and LI Bus.

Everything I've stated isn't an opinion, its a FACT.

I agree with what your saying no doubt. Your right, as I have no issue with you or what ideas. Gun Hill could have better maintenance, Flatbush could, doesn't matter, we all have lives and busfanning shouldn't be an issue of argument. I feel that the interior condition of a bus during the daytime can be affected by the passengers in particular neighborhoods (thats a better response). Lastly, and this is opinion (cant argue it, no need to). A depot can maintain its buses well, but my indication of how well a bus is maintained persay is the MDBF and from a post a seen a while ago (cant remember site, dont confirm it), Gun Hill and some manhattan depots suchs as 100 St, had some of the worse MDBF. Thats all I will say. Your response is sound, I just wanted to rephrase my statement. We cool:cool:

What I want to know, why does JFk Gets NGs and Bp doesn't which has a best matainace out of MTA Bus? And when the Repowerd busses are Retired can Bp get back some of the Artics cause they worked well on the Q111,Q113/ltd.

Artics were never on the Q111!

I wonder why they were taken off the Q113 in the first place. The Q44 needs them big time.

In actualy imo I rember at only 1 out of the 5 buses was on the Q111 I think it was 5147.

5348 and 5351 were two of out the 5 Artics in BP and I got vids of them!

imo I rember that out of 5 only 3 ran till they was taken back,the other 2 was in repair.

imo I rember that out of 5 only 3 ran till they was taken back,the other 2 was in repair.

Honestly I liked the Artics on the Q113 local and Limited, they was doing fine. I've gotten a seat on them vs the other 40ft buses I take from Farmers and Guy R. Brewer Blvd!

Honestly I liked the Artics on the Q113 local and Limited, they was doing fine. I've gotten a seat on them vs the other 40ft buses I take from Farmers and Guy R. Brewer Blvd!
I do rember them on the Route and they could hold up a lot of passengers but every afternoon when I used to go home from school I would wait and catch the Artic on the Q113,it was so nice and it sucks that they took them back.

I do rember them on the Route and they could hold up a lot of passengers but every afternoon when I used to go home from school I would wait and catch the Artic on the Q113,it was so nice and it sucks that they took them back.

I was lucky to catch them in both directions (To Jamaica or Far Rockaway) and I loved my ride, the minute they were taken off I was so mad!

Archived