Next Generation Question

Fresh Pond

is this a thread about O7 NGs or NF Artics???

lets stick to the subject please.

I too would like to speculate and find out whos getting O7 NGs next.

Now JFK is getting them and remembering the pattern when the OGs came in, FR was usually next after JFK since both depots split routes with each other. A practice since their Green Lines days.

FR has mostly OGs right now with a small amount of O5s and RTS'. Most of which came from NYCT

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 3.4; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

...The reason why MJQ has been discussed in this thread is simple, MJQ's buses are the most well maintained buses in the entire system and that includes MTA and LI Bus...

The only reason I brought it up in this discussion was because I thought it was getting special treatment. Now lets drop MJQ out of it and get back to topic...

Will any more depots in Brooklyn get the NGs? Because out of the 7 depots (Spring Creek included) in Brooklyn, Grand Avenue should get them. They got nothing but used buses, mainly from Fresh Pond. Its like 1 out of every 3 buses came from there. Last time I checked, they still have a few 85xx's and maybe 1 or 2 83xx's. So why not give a new depot some new buses?

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 3.4; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

The only reason I brought it up in this discussion was because I thought it was getting special treatment. Now lets drop MJQ out of it and get back to topic...

Will any more depots in Brooklyn get the NGs? Because out of the 7 depots (Spring Creek included) in Brooklyn, Grand Avenue should get them. They got nothing but used buses, mainly from Fresh Pond. Its like 1 out of every 3 buses came from there. Last time I checked, they still have a few 85xx's and maybe 1 or 2 83xx's. So why not give a new depot some new buses?

Casey Stengel is due for the next batch of NGs IIRC. Grand Ave also has a decent batch of Orion VII OGs.

Grand Avenue's partial allotment of buses came from Staten Island, which were well maintained. I had remembered this cause I used to ride those RTSs all over Staten Island.

Several 8500s I THINK came from East New York, and another batch of RTSs came from Fresh Pond

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

I think but not sure....to test them on those routes. I never got a good explaination on why they got if of them from BP!
Well I think it worked well but the depot they came from wanted them back.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Well I think it worked well but the depot they came from wanted them back.

Hit me with a PM and we'll discuss it more b/c we don't want to go off topic and ppl will have funky attitudes about it!

Lastly, MBDF numbers I believe in the past has shown that Gun Hill has worse numbers the Flatbush. If someone could bring up the numbers, it could further my inference but take this post as an inference and opinion not as fact or observation.

Yeah how long ago in the past? PM me this because I know now they're better than FLA.

Archived