4th fireworks on the Hudson!

metsfan

With a mix of electricity, diesel, rails and busses, adding some bang, makes this year's fireworks that much more exciting for transitfans.

fireworks.jpg

I am going to try my best to be on the hudson waterfront for the fireworks. I may not be able to make it, or my plans may change, but i don't want you guys to miss out.

The plan would be to meet up at newark penn or exchange place earlier in the day, then head to hoboken & take some train photos, do some PATH and HBLR riding, then maybe a snack at one of the eateries along the way, then fireworks viewing.

My viewing spot, if i make it, will likely be either the pier at exchange place, up the way near the newport area, or just south of hoboken near the office towers. If it gets bad in terms of crowding i have secret alternate spots that people can go to with me.

So, grab your tickets & metrocards & lets have a blast of a 4th! :cool:

- A

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

I want to go to South Ferry. Is it possible to view the fireworks from there?

Nah, 20th st to 78th st in manhattan, Hoboken to ft lee in nj.

I'm boycotting it this year. Why should Jersey host a show that belongs to NYC?

The fireworks are in ny, just not between 2 parts. Ellis island and liberty island may be in ny harbor, but they are on the nj side. The Hudson is better for a bigger show since it's wider. If my woman was home this 4th we'd be watching from the roof of her building or near the mall. The nj side not only offers unobstructed views upstream, but there is room for about 2 million people along the waterfront areas.

I'm still not sure if I'm going but if I do go I'll post here and shoutbox first.

- A

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Im going. Not sure what train.

- A

Archived