How Much Longer Until Trains No Longer Need To Be Assigned

Lennyj17

With the R160's fast filling up the Jamacia Yard....I wonder how much longer until EFGRV are treated more like the JMZ and the 245 on the IND where the R160's are just interlined amongest all the Jamaica Lines rather then just assigned to specific lines....Since the R160 is computerized for the most part this should make interlining all the more easy, and most of the crews are R160 trained.....

I Think (correct me if I'm wrong) but there's already a late night F and G that are interlined with each other and now uses an R160 mostly????

Enlighten Me

Well, if that's the case, how come the (E) barely runs R46s? The MTA will put the cars where they need to be the most. That's why the (F), (G) and (R) have the R46s and the (V) is starting to get them pulled off the line because they're realizing that the line doesn't really need them. And the (G) doesn't even use R40s/R42s, and GOs don't count. And the R42s that are still at ENY are used for the (J) and (Z) only. So expect lines based out of specific yards to have specific car assignments for a while.

With the R160's fast filling up the Jamacia Yard....I wonder how much longer until EFGRV are treated more like the JMZ and the 245 on the IND where the R160's are just interlined amongest all the Jamaica Lines rather then just assigned to specific lines....Since the R160 is computerized for the most part this should make interlining all the more easy, and most of the crews are R160 trained.....

I Think (correct me if I'm wrong) but there's already a late night F and G that are interlined with each other and now uses an R160 mostly????

Enlighten Me

245?? IND?? You mean IRT..

Only the (E)(F) will get R160s (and a few (R) trains maybe, if the GM likes them), so they will be interlined in terms of R160s. The (R)(G) and (V) will share R46s once the (V) gets its R46s back. Not really interlining but Jamaica isn't going to get that many R160s.

Archived