R40M/R42 V Train!!!

Im wondering if the R40M/42 are transfering from the (F) so it can stick with R32, R46 and R160 only. Hopefully not cuz there is limited R32s out there with a nice RF window.. for the Culver-Crosstown lines

Ok just found out from a reliable T/O on another site the reason is because of the new Line Manager program the whole B Div now got new District and line Managers so the whole systerm got them now. The New Group Manager ordered that the R 46's be pulled off the (V) Line I am guessing because its a part time line. They also changed the current ones in the IRT like the guy running QNS is from the IRT and been doing a great job.

Stay tune for more changes now.

Ok just found out from a reliable T/O on another site the reason is because of the new Line Manager program the whole B Div now got new District and line Managers so the whole systerm got them now. The New Group Manager ordered that the R 46's be pulled off the (V) Line I am guessing because its a part time line. They also changed the current ones in the IRT like the guy running QNS is from the IRT and been doing a great job.

Thanks, but just curious, is there enough R40A/R42s to cover the (V)ictor? Or is there half R46 and R40A/42s running?

There should be they only got 8 or 10 trains on the whole line. I am no longer working the (V) Line so I can't tell you what is there but I would have been having fun if they only did this a few weeks earlier.

New Pick, New Managers, New Rules!!!

oh right you doing your Pelham Line, or still in retrain..?

There should be they only got 8 or 10 trains on the whole line. I am no longer working the (V) Line so I can't tell you what is there but I would have been having fun if they only did this a few weeks earlier.

New Pick, New Managers, New Rules!!!

I guess you'll be picking the (V) again when you come back to Div B in August.

It's only a matter of time before the (V) has all 46's again.

Why? Because by putting 42's on the (V), you lose the flexibility of train swapping at Continental Ave when there are delays in (R) service. After the abandoned intervals pile up on the (R), and it's not a question of if but when, the 46's will be back.

So are the R40M/R42s sets on the (V) what were being used for rush hour put-in's on the (R) and (F) ?

It seems that way. Monday, R32s were on the (F) and (R) while R40Ms and R42s were on those lines too with 7 R160 trains on the (F)

Eeeeewwwwww, the (V) got those rust bucket of R42s, the R40Ms makes up for those crappy bunch of cars. (V) line riders wont like this, but it makes sense, it is a part time route.

Nice Catch!

Well, this would be like the practice elsewhere, and the reason the 46's were on the (V) had been said to try to attract riders to the line. Guess they gave p on that.

I guess you'll be picking the (V) again when you come back to Div B in August.
Oh, so he's coming back. I wanted to go back to the A Div sometimes before it was so long that I would have to requalify (and to try the East Side). But I just cannot handle the early jobs, and so far away anymore. Was killing me, even back in the B. Body just lost all tolerance of it. Thankfully, for the first time, working nearby in the North, and with nothing earlier than 8 for the first time in three years!

Wow, the (V) has R40Ms/R42s now. Sweet, I gotta see them.

it makes you wonder...the (:o is part time but has R68. The (W) is part-time but has R160s and R68s. So maybe people can't say that the (V) gets the rust buckets of R40s and R42s just because it's a part-time line. Maybe it's something else (what I don't know, but get back to me with that and I'll give a response). But now it'll be hell for me to enjoy a nice run from Coney Island to Jay Street when I go to Sheepshead Bay to do errands for my mom. I'll miss the R40s/R42s on the (F) now.

Wow, the (V) has R40Ms/R42s now. Sweet, I gotta see them.

it makes you wonder...the (:o is part time but has R68. The (W) is part-time but has R160s and R68s. So maybe people can't say that the (V) gets the rust buckets of R40s and R42s just because it's a part-time line. Maybe it's something else (what I don't know, but get back to me with that and I'll give a response). But now it'll be hell for me to enjoy a nice run from Coney Island to Jay Street when I go to Sheepshead Bay to do errands for my mom. I'll miss the R40s/R42s on the (F) now.

They are still on the (F). I rode a R40/42 set on the (F) yesterday and today going back home.

I heard this also, I was at 71st and I saw the R42, I was shocked, It was a smart move to put the R40M/R42 as well as R32's on the (V), Its a part Time line and its great to have these R32,R40M and R42's on the (V).

Thanks for the Info

The R40M's and R42's are coming from the (F) as well as that 1 R32, Here's what I saw today:

(E): Mostly R160's with Only 2-4 trainsets of R40M/42, 2 ran all day

(F)Half R160,Half R46 with 4 trainsets of R40M/42's and 1 R32 the R32 ran all day as well as 2 R40M/R42's

(R) R46 with 2-3 Trainsets of R42's(put-ins)

(V) only 4 trainsets of R46 the rest R40M/42 mixes with 1 R32 Trainset, I was on the R32, I will post Pictures in a little.

Archived