(R)(V) Swapping?

mark1447

Seeing that the (V) is already getting R40M/R42s and now R32s. Since it has(or had) R46, doesn't it swap cars with the (R) over at 71st? Similar to the (2)(5) at Flatbush.. which swaps with Revenue142s Middays and Rush Hours.

If it does swaps , now how can it with the R40M/R42s, if the R46s were used...

Maybe it should stood with the Revenue46s? Im happy about it seeing new(Old) cars, but still improving service can be difficult now. Unless im wrong..

Seeing that the (V) is already getting R40M/R42s and now R32s. Since it has(or had) R46, doesn't it swap cars with the (R) over at 71st? Similar to the (2)(5) at Flatbush.. which swaps with Revenue142s Middays and Rush Hours.

Maybe it should stood with the Revenue46s? Im happy about it seeing new(Old) cars, but still improving service can be difficult now. Unless im wrong..

The R32's,R40M and R42's are from the (F), The Leftover R32's,40M and R42's will mostlikely be on the (R) or stay on the (F) or go to the (E).

Here's what's going on:

The GM of the IND Queens Divison wants this:

R32,40M/42's on the (V) by tommorrow the (V) will be 100% SMEE

The Displaced R46's will be on the (F)/®, They want the (R) to be 100% R46, Yesterday mostlikey the last day of R32's on the (R), And the (F) will be mostly R46 with R160's and leftover R32,40m/42 if possible but the leftovers will be scatterd along the (E),(F) & (R) if needed. But Everything will change.

The R32's,R40M and R42's are came from the (F), The Leftover R32's,40M and R42's will mostlikely be on the (R) or stay on the (F) or go to the (E).

Here's what's going on:

The GM of the IND Queens Divison wants this:

R32,40M/42's on the (V) by tommorrow the (V) will be 100% SMEE

The Displaced R46's will be on the (F)/®, They want the (R) to be 100% R46, Yesterday mostlikey the last day of R32's on the (R), And the (F) will be mostly R46 with R160's and leftover R32,40m/42 if possible but the leftovers will be scatterd along the (E),(F) & (R) if needed. But Everything will change.

Werid.. Ever since the the (MTA) hooked up with GMs changes occured.. I wonder how will the (G) get affected next week.

Wait, seriously? I thought that the V was made to be all R46 so it won't be a hassle in sharing fleet with the F. Either way, the T/A is finally making sense in putting old equipment on a part time line.

I always Slated that the (V) should use R32,40M and R42's, Its a part Time Line, The GM is Smart and finaly They are making since.

I think the (E) is 100% R160 now, and the (F) will be R160/R46 with a scattered R32 (Henry saw one today). The (R) will also see R42s during the rush but the (V) is now Jamaica's SMEE line.

So no more swapping?

As for the (E) I agree i dont see any R40/R42s on that line any more.. Kinda sad tho.

So no more swapping?

As for the (E) I agree i dont see any R40/R42s on that line any more.. Kinda sad tho.

That was quick b/c the first trains that I saw at Canal St on Tues. morning was an R40M/R42 E train. I also saw another one at Queens Plaza also designated for the E on that morning to Queens. Thank god I missed that first R40M/R42 b/c I boarded an R160A just minutes afterwards. Unfortunately, it had a broken FIND system just like other R160As.

Guys, just because the (V) is part-time does not mean anything. The (W) has R160s, as the (N) does. The (:) has R68s, like the (D) does and sometimes the (Q). So the face that the (V) is part-time and uses old equipment is not fully justifiable. Nevertheless, I can't wait to see them.

If the (V) is really becoming all SMEE's, perhaps, the TA is looking to preserve the cars longer than expected. Preserve, meaning, run them on a Part-time route, as well as, an all underground route.. You never know with the TA... If they feel, that they might need to hang to these cars a bit longer than anticipated, than perhaps, saving the need for them to run on an outside / elevated route(s), this is their way of trying to preserve these cars... Underground only.... Just a thought...

If the (V) is really becoming all SMEE's, perhaps, the TA is looking to preserve the cars longer than expected. Preserve, meaning, run them on a Part-time route, as well as, an all underground route.. You never know with the TA... If they feel, that they might need to hang to these cars a bit longer than anticipated, than perhaps, saving the need for them to run on an outside / elevated route(s), this is their way of trying to preserve these cars... Underground only.... Just a thought...

Hmmm...not a bad justification at all. It's entirely underground meaning that it won't be exposed to the elements as much.

I think the (E) is 100% R160 now, and the (F) will be R160/R46 with a scattered R32 (Henry saw one today). The (R) will also see R42s during the rush but the (V) is now Jamaica's SMEE line.

Nope Saw an R40M on the (E), The (E) is not 100% R160 yet.

I still didnt get any answers regarding the (R) and (V) being swapped.... now we are on about the SMEE on the (V).....

I gave The answer, The (F) has More R46's the (R) has an 2 extra R46's, The (V) took most of the R32's,R40M and R42's from the (F) and 2-3 trainsets from the (R).

First of all, you mean R142s, not Revenue142s...R is just a prefix added to Rapid Transit stock. Anyway, about your question, yes the two fleets used to swap cars and now they won't be able to. However, as the (F) gets more R160s it will bump R46s to the (V) to replace the R40s/R42s and the (V) will eventually be all R46 again (by the end of the year by my estimate).

Nope Saw an R40M on the (E), The (E) is not 100% R160 yet.

SWEET! Thanks for the info, I need to get my last ride ASAP!

First of all, you mean R142s, not Revenue142s...R is just a prefix added to Rapid Transit stock. Anyway, about your question, yes the two fleets used to swap cars and now they won't be able to. However, as the (F) gets more R160s it will bump R46s to the (V) to replace the R40s/R42s and the (V) will eventually be all R46 again (by the end of the year by my estimate).

SWEET! Thanks for the info, I need to get my last ride ASAP!

No it is a Revenue. A T/O here said so.. R does not mean Rolling Stock 142

Anyways. Got that (V) part already

And yes I saw an R40M/42 (E) today like an hr ago. ANd an R46 (V)

Archived