What does this button do?

lilbluefoxie

This is why you have to KNOW YOUR ROUTE.

A T/O should know that at Smith-9th the (F) takes a bottom green while the (G) takes a bottom yellow.

NO. I mean what if a kid were to press it. Would it get set?

If some werido(Like kids who play around) was to press the button without authorization and the train is not in the station would it automatically set signals at an interlock? Which then the T/O on the next train presses the correct route but sum1 already pushed it.

Or would the tracks have to feel the train wheel..?(Thats what i heard)

The T/O could always hit the cancel button to change the lineup.

My cousin used to be a bad kid and would push those buttons all of the time and they wound up sending a train that was in the Rockaway BLVD station that was heading to lefferts to the rockaways instead and him and his friends thought it was so funny. Its like everyone said, its up to the T/O to confirm the switch position.

The T/O could always hit the cancel button to change the lineup.

My cousin used to be a bad kid and would push those buttons all of the time and they wound up sending a train that was in the Rockaway BLVD station that was heading to lefferts to the rockaways instead and him and his friends thought it was so funny. Its like everyone said, its up to the T/O to confirm the switch position.

Holy hell, that'd be hilarious! What could happen is that while the train is leaving the station the buttons can still be changed (I think) but once the train is out of the station then you can't change them; an example would be at Franklin Avenue some time ago where a (4) train went to Flatbush!

Just a word of advice to any potential punks: No matter how tempting, do not push the button unless you know what it does. Because, as it is in life, "what you punch is what you get."

...and sometimes, pressing any of the buttons might result in the same thing: shoe paddle tune-up. :cool:

Just a word of advice to any potential punks: No matter how tempting, do not push the button unless you know what it does. Because, as it is in life, "what you punch is what you get."

How true. I'll admit, I've punched the buttons many times (but I always make sure that i don't mess with the train service), especially if the T/O pulls up too far from the box, I'll push it for them.

Archived