Maybe the V should operate via the 63rd Street Line.

hoodciti

sorry to disagree with you sir but there is no way that (F) ridership has increased since it went over 63rd st the ridership on the (F) was much higher over 53rd st furthermore have there been any deaths at 53rd and lexington due to congestion on the platform and im sure the platform at grand central is congested doesnt mean they are re routing trains because of it

If you were responding to me I never said (F) ridership increased on 63rd St compared to 53rd St. As far as I can tell ridership increased on all lines from about 2006-2008 and only stopped increasing because of job losses in this recession. You make a good point about loss of life at the 53rd-Lex station but to compare it to GCT is a mistake of a different order. The station at 53rd-Lex was poorly laid out to start with. There was NO free transfer point to start with, IND-IRT-BMT transfers didn't exist back then. There is a back-up from the (6) 51 st station down to the 53rd-Lex station every rush hour which had to be eliminated ASAP. As far as the GCT (4),(5),(6),(7) and (S) is concerned it is so much larger that there is no comparison. I hope you weren't implying that, short of a fatality, nothing should have been done at 53rd St-Lex because if that's your rationale I have nothing more to say to you.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you have no clue young jedi. so you mean to tell me that you know for a fact everyone who switches to the (E) is going to 53/lex? do you get paid to suggest new service patterns?? Thought so.

the (E) also serves the west side, lower manhattan and penn sta. all three which the (F) doesnt. how does your foot taste?

the overall fact is, its MASS transit. not solo transit. if you want a one seat ride all the time, buy a car! not many are lucky as me to only need one train to commute. I would love to get home to far rock after midnight faster with overnight express service on the (A), but you dont see me trying to cram this idea down everyones throats

you have no clue young jedi. so you mean to tell me that you know for a fact everyone who switches to the (E) is going to 53/lex? do you get paid to suggest new service patterns?? Thought so.

the (E) also serves the west side, lower manhattan and penn sta. all three which the (F) doesnt. how does your foot taste?

the overall fact is, its MASS transit. not solo transit. if you want a one seat ride all the time, buy a car! not many are lucky as me to only need one train to commute. I would love to get home to far rock after midnight faster with overnight express service on the (A), but you dont see me trying to cram this idea down everyones throats

Amen to that.

im not saying that a loss of life is needed to prove overcrowdiness but the passengers who use the 53rd and lex station never complained and ther was never a big outcry about the station being dangerous until the mta came up wit it i would say to you that 59st and lex on the ind platform is more dangerous its much more narrow have three trains stopping there and is a major transfer point for the 3 irt lines

my proof is getting on the (F) every morning at 845 and seeing everyone get off at union tpke and run across the platform to already crowded (E) going to the desired 53rd st and the (F) becoming empty and then when arriving at roosevelt ave and another mass exit of people getting off and not catching the local (V) train to go down 53rd st but waiting for the already overcrowded (E) express to go down 53rd st that is my proof thank you

Wrong. I've taken the (F) train from Jamaica-179th Street during early in the AM and by the time it reaches Briarwood-Van Wyck Blvd its crowded. The reason ppl get off @ Kew Gardens-Union Turnpike for (E) is b/c those customers don't live near to the (E) and of course the (E) is going to be crowded Jamaica Center-Parsons/Archer is plague of ppl coming from over 10+ buses and live in the vicinity. The (F) is not less crowded @ Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Avenue, it gets more ppl when other customers need the (7) train, the local and buses!

i went to HS in midtown and have used both 59/lex and 53/lex. the crowds at 53rd was horrible. and having 2 exp trains there was worse. i used to have to let 2 or 3 trains pass before i couls get on a train. now its much easier with the (V) there instead of the (F). some people going home would not mind a local train if it ment a more relaxing ride home...and a seat!

Wrong. I've taken the (F) train from Jamaica-179th Street during early in the AM and by the time it reaches Briarwood-Van Wyck Blvd its crowded. The reason ppl get off @ Kew Gardens-Union Turnpike for (E) is b/c those customers don't live near to the (E) and of course the (E) is going to be crowded Jamaica Center-Parsons/Archer is plague of ppl coming from over 10+ buses and live in the vicinity. The (F) is not less crowded @ Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Avenue, it gets more ppl when other customers need the (7) train, the local and buses!

as always, well said from you!:tup:

im not saying that a loss of life is needed to prove overcrowdiness but the passengers who use the 53rd and lex station never complained and ther was never a big outcry about the station being dangerous until the mta came up wit it i would say to you that 59st and lex on the ind platform is more dangerous its much more narrow have three trains stopping there and is a major transfer point for the 3 irt lines

...What exactly are you trying to prove? You've gone back and forth with literally everyone in this thread for god knows how many pages defending your idea which you stand alone on. You made your point, no one else agrees. Arguing with people here is not going to change their opinions, nor get your "change" put in.

I used Lex/53rd daily for about 4 months straight. That station is arguably one of the most poorly laid out in the system. Ridership figures can't possibly track how many people use a station to transfer. They measure fare entrance/exit. 53/Lex is most heavily used as a transfer point. That means a 600 foot IND train pulls in, and literally everyone getting off the train, has to walk to the west end of the platform and up and through a long walkway to transfer. At the same time, everyone coming in the other direction has to use the same set of elevators/escalators to get DOWN to the station. And the platform is narrow. And there's no other way to transfer. Try that station when one of the escalators are out of service. It takes several platform conductors and property protection agents to slowly shepherd people around each other. And I hear people complain about that station all the time. Heck, even myself, I list that as my least favorite station in the system. Even if I'm waiting for the (E), I'll take the (V) to 5th ave and wait there for the (E). And I'm not the only one who does this! I see lots of other people around me doing it too - Just to get out of that station!

I don't know what you're trying to prove, but we are laying out facts for you that can be observed. And if nothing else you made your point, part of the beauty of America is that people are free to disagree with you. This ain't Iran, this ain't China...now that your point has been made you don't need to keep defending it and criticizing people who disagree with you

if i am so wrong why did the mta put up a sign at union tpke for for (F) customers to make sure that they transfer for the (E) at union turnpike because that would be the best station to catch the (E) going to 53rd st if the anticipation by the mta wasnt there that they are acknowledging that many (F) customers would need the (E) to go 53rd st

to subway guy i have not criticized anyone i can respectfully disagree wit you or all lf you it makes a good debate and that is what this site is about having different opinions and sharing them if we all agree there is no point to the site is there i think this is good analytical thinking and i have not criticiized or attacked anyone sir

if i am so wrong why did the mta put up a sign at union tpke for for (F) customers to make sure that they transfer for the (E) at union turnpike because that would be the best station to catch the (E) going to 53rd st if the anticipation by the mta wasnt there that they are acknowledging that many (F) customers would need the (E) to go 53rd st

they acknowledge the option for taking the (E) from there. and theres no (V) from there. and that option has been there since 2001!!!! Its 2009!! give up already! you made your point, ruined it, and even (MTA) employees here have disagreed with you on this! and they would know better than ANY of us! Quit while youre ahead is my advice

what makes me laugh is the fact that you didnt start this thread, and have taken control of it, it was a question on if the sould switch the (V) and (F) and you have turned it into a dictatorship of "they must do it cause you said so". you re right, it is a forum of exchange. but sometimes exchange should be limited to "Ok, maybe its not a good idea then"

my friend i have not turned this thread into a dictatorship if u think that u have a problem with a good intelligent discussion that need not be personal and it doesnt matter who starts the thread and welcome being disagreed with but it seems sir like u cant handle a good analylitcal discussion the problem is with you we can agree to disagree thats the mature way

my friend i have not turned this thread into a dictatorship if u think that u have a problem with a good intelligent discussion that need not be personal and it doesnt matter who starts the thread and welcome being disagreed with but it seems sir like u cant handle a good analylitcal discussion the problem is with you we can agree to disagree thats the mature way

but theres a differece between discussing/debating and arguing everyones opinion with lack of facts to a point that its becoming a headache my friend. the mature thing is to admit that maybe some thing that yo agree with might not be a good idea. ive read the entire thread before i started posting. and have based my argument on multiple observations over a number of years.

Whatever... I think this thread has lost it's usefulness already... lets all just stop posting.

We all agree to disagree.

and thats is not only well said, but something i truley agree with.

the next thing we might see here is someone suggesting on bringing the (K) to QBL! lmao!!!!!

I'm gonna say this. When i was younger I used to take the (6) with my family down to 51st and transfer to the (F) to Rockefeller center. The (F) was really crowded, it was horrible. Now the (V) is here and it is quite a relief.

Anyone who thinks the (F) should operate via 63rd obviously isn't a daily (F) rider. There's no justification for eliminated access to the east side for F riders. I'd rather take an overcrowded (F) train that got me to my destination than an empty (F) train that went to a useless station on 63rd

Anyone who thinks the (F) should operate via 63rd obviously isn't a daily (F) rider. There's no justification for eliminated access to the east side for F riders. I'd rather take an overcrowded (F) train that got me to my destination than an empty (F) train that went to a useless station on 63rd

but there IS east side access. There IS a transfer to the IRT. and overall between the (E)(F) and (V), theres more of a balance now.

and a few months ago, i was a daily (E)(F) and (V) rider for awhile.

and for every 1 person who calls a station "useless", there are 100 who would disagree. I would call B105-Seaside in rockaway useless, but i dont. cause there are 105 average riders a day who use that stom.

Needs of many outweigh the needs of the few...or the one.

but there IS east side access. There IS a transfer to the IRT. and overall between the (E)(F) and (V), theres more of a balance now.

and a few months ago, i was a daily (E)(F) and (V) rider for awhile.

and for every 1 person who calls a station "useless", there are 100 who would disagree. I would call B105-Seaside in rockaway useless, but i dont. cause there are 105 average riders a day who use that stom.

Needs of many outweigh the needs of the few...or the one.

Well said once again:tup:

but theres a differece between discussing/debating and arguing everyones opinion with lack of facts to a point that its becoming a headache my friend. the mature thing is to admit that maybe some thing that yo agree with might not be a good idea. ive read the entire thread before i started posting. and have based my argument on multiple observations over a number of years.

and thats is not only well said, but something i truley agree with.

the next thing we might see here is someone suggesting on bringing the (K) to QBL! lmao!!!!!

Hey.... we could run the (M) from Metropolitan to Forest Hills LOL

This is why no one takes you seriously. No wonder nobody likes and respects you.

The (F) via 63rd Street is one of the best service patterns in the last 15 years. I don't have to keep explaining myself. You along with your buddy need to get a reality check. The (V) ain't going anywhere and the (F) will NEVER go back to 53rd Street.

I used to think you were one of the cool guys but you're a f*cking prick just like Brian Weinberg. It's one thing to disagree with me. It's another to disrespect me. This thread should be locked because it's turning into a Subchat flame war.

This is why no one takes you seriously. No wonder nobody likes and respects you.

The (F) via 63rd Street is one of the best service patterns in the last 15 years. I don't have to keep explaining myself. You along with your buddy need to get a reality check. The (V) ain't going anywhere and the (F) will NEVER go back to 53rd Street.

wait, the (F) does return to 53rd. During G/Os on nights and weekends! LMAO!

But seriouly you have a good point, the current pattern is the current pattern and it works which is why its STILL the current pattern. it hasnt changed in almost 10 years, thats more than enough time for the (MTA) to see if it works or not

Archived