Railfan trip on July 27th or August 4th

I'm planning another railfan trip on July 27th or August 4th and here's my plans I wanna do.

We meet up at Bay 50th Street at the front of the Coney Island Bound (D) train platform and we take the (D) to Coney Island - Stillwell Avenue at 10:30 AM.

Then we will ride the (N) from Coney Island - Canal Street.

After that we will take the (6) from Canal Street - 51st Street.

Then we take any (V) train to Jackson Heights for an R32, R40M/R42 or R160A-2 or R160B (F) train to 179th Street and take it back down to 47th-50th Streets Station and take any (:) train to W 145th Street and transfer for the (C) and take the (C) to W 168th Street. After that we take the (C) back to W 125th Street and end our trip there.

Following stations we are stopping to take photos at in order

Coney Island

86th Street

8th Avenue

Canal Street

Grand Central

51st Street

Queens Plaza

Jackson Heights

71st Avenue

179th Street

63rd Street

47th-50th Streets

W 145th Street

W 155th Street

W 135th Street

W 125th Street

If you you have any suggestions feel free to tell me. And if you wanna go please reply in this thread.

You know, why dont you expand to the bronx, instead of the same routes. i hardly see any1 doing the bx(Some yes that i know and including I), but others I dunno why. The most of the IRT people get is the (7) and all other manhattan and bk irt. Not Bx IRTs, No offense tho. Which makes me wonder if sum dont like the bx... oh well -_-b

Here's plan B for the trip for July 27th or August 4th and here's my plans I wanna do.

We meet up at W 4th Street at the front of the Downtown (;)(D)(F)(V) train platform and we take the Westinghouse Amrail R68 (D) to 36th Street at 10:30 AM and should arrive there at 11:00 AM

Then we will take an Kawasaki Heavy Industries R160B (N) (Possibly an Alstom Rail R160A-2 (N) train) to 14th Street Union Square and should arrive there at 11:25.

Then we wait for an (4)(5) train Bombardier Transportation R142 or Kawasaki Heavy Industries R142A and take it to E 125th Street and transfer for the local at 11:50.

Then we will take a Kawasaki Heavy Industries R142A (6)<6> to Whitlock Avenue and then back down to Broadway Laffete Street and should arrive at 12:30.

Then we will take an Kawasaki Heavy Industries R68A or possibly an R68 (B) train to W 145th Street and should be there at 12:55 PM.

Then we will transfer Upstairs for an Budd Company R32 (C) train and take it to W 168th Street and transfer for the (1) at 1:05 PM.

then we will take a Bombardier Transportation R62A (1) train to W 225th Street and take it back down to W 59th Street and should arrive there at 1:40.

And thats it for the day.

W 4th Street

36th Street

Canal Street Street

Hunts Point Avenue

Whitlock Avenue

Broadway-Laffete Street

47th-50th Streets

W 145th Street

W 155th Street

W 168th Street

W 181st Street

W 207th Street

W 225th Street

W 59th Street

If you you have any suggestions feel free to tell me. And if you wanna go please reply in this thread.

The trip should last 3 1/2 hours

Well why does most of your trip end up on the same stops along CPW/St. Nicholas(Not that i care). If its for the (;)/(D) you can try some of Concouses Line, Especially Tremont, you have enough space to view. Even the Concourse Yd at Bedford Pk blvd has a good view from there. R68s, R30, R32, R21/22, R38, R40/42s , sometimes an R142, and so

Here another plan after reading the mta site

We meet up at W 4th Street at the front of the Downtown (;)(D)(F)(V) train platform and we take the Westinghouse Amrail R68 (D) to 36th Street at 10:30 AM and should arrive there at 10:50 AM

Then we will take an Kawasaki Heavy Industries R160B (N) (Possibly an Alstom Rail R160A-2 (N) train) to 14th Street Union Square and should arrive there at 11:30 or maybe earlier.

Then we wait for an (4)(5) train Bombardier Transportation R142 or Kawasaki Heavy Industries R142A and take it to E 125th Street and transfer for the local at 11:55.

Then we will take a Kawasaki Heavy Industries R142A (6)<6> to Whitlock Avenue and then back down to Broadway Laffete Street and should arrive at 12:37.

Then we will take an Kawasaki Heavy Industries R68A or possibly an Westinghouse Amrail R68 (B) train to W 145th Street and should be there at 1:00 PM.

Then we will transfer Upstairs for an Budd Company R32 (C) train and take it to W 168th Street and transfer for the (1) at 1:07 PM.

then we will take a Bombardier Transportation R62A (1) train to W 225th Street and take it back down to W 59th Street and should arrive there at 2:00.

W 4th Street

36th Street

Canal Street Street

Hunts Point Avenue

Whitlock Avenue

Broadway-Laffete Street

47th-50th Streets

W 145th Street

W 155th Street

W 168th Street

W 181st Street

W 207th Street

W 225th Street

W 59th Street

The trip should last 4 hours

Here another plan after reading the mta site

We meet up at W 4th Street at the front of the Downtown (;)(D)(F)(V) train platform and we take the Westinghouse Amrail R68 (D) to 36th Street at 10:30 AM and should arrive there at 10:50 AM

Then we will take an Kawasaki Heavy Industries R160B (N) (Possibly an Alstom Rail R160A-2 (N) train) to 14th Street Union Square and should arrive there at 11:30 or maybe earlier.

Then we wait for an (5) train Bombardier Transportation R142 or Kawasaki Heavy Industries R142A and take it to E 180 Street Street and transfer for the (2) local at 12:20

Then we will take a Kawasaki Heavy Industries R142A (2) to Pelham Parkway and transfer for the Bx22 and take it to Kingsbridge Road-Grand Concourse.

Then we take the (D) to W 145th Street and transfer for the (;)

Then we will take an Kawasaki Heavy Industries R68A or possibly an Westinghouse Amrail R68 (:) train to 7th Avenue-53rd Street and should be there at 1:30 PM.

Then we will transfer downstairs for another (:) train and take it to W 59th Street and transfer for the (1)

And then take the (1) to W 125th Street and thats it for the day.

W 4th Street

36th Street

Canal Street Street

Union Square

E 180th Street

Pelham Parkway

Kingsbridge Road

W 145th Street

W 125th Street

W 59th Street

7th Avenue=53rd Street

W 103rd Street

W 116th Street

W 125th Street (1)

The trip should last 4 hours

After speaking with Daniel we're making this a geek squad trip y'all! Meaning the REAL idiots will be on this trip lol... If it's August 4th I can make it as I have a NJ trip on July 27th... He asked me if we can make it a geek squad thing and I said why not. So who wanna roll?

I have a few suggestions for your new plan.

1. Instead of transferring at 36th St., take the (D) to 62nd St. and transfer to the (N) to take back up to Union Sq. This doesn't take much longer than transferring at 36th St., and 9th Ave. and 62nd St. are good photo ops (especially 9th Ave.) on the (D) line.

2. Take the (2) at E. 149th St. instead of E. 180th St. According to Mark's photos there are good photo ops all over the White Plains Rd. line that we can take advantage of in this trip.

3. The Bx22 stops at Fordham Rd., not Kingsbridge Road. Either way, both the Bx22 and Bx12 stop by at the same stops so we can take either bus.

4. We should do the Dyre line. It is one of the most scenic in the system yet no one ever railfans this line. We can do the (2), then come back down the E. 180th, do the Dyre Line (station stops can be decided later on), and then get the Bx12 at Pelham Pkwy and take it to Fordham Road (:((D).

5. Where are we eating lunch? The most sensible place seems to be where the bus transfer is.

BTW, you don't have to be so specific in your description of the trip in terms of car type. All of the lines you're railfanning run a uniform fleet so instead of saying "a Westinghouse-Amrail R68 (D) train or a Kawasaki Heavy Industries R68A (D) train" you can just say "we take the (D)".

I have a few suggestions for your new plan.

1. Instead of transferring at 36th St., take the (D) to 62nd St. and transfer to the (N) to take back up to Union Sq. This doesn't take much longer than transferring at 36th St., and 9th Ave. and 62nd St. are good photo ops (especially 9th Ave.) on the (D) line.

2. Take the (2) at E. 149th St. instead of E. 180th St. According to Mark's photos there are good photo ops all over the White Plains Rd. line that we can take advantage of in this trip.

3. The Bx22 stops at Fordham Rd., not Kingsbridge Road. Either way, both the Bx22 and Bx12 stop by at the same stops so we can take either bus.

4. We should do the Dyre line. It is one of the most scenic in the system yet no one ever railfans this line. We can do the (2), then come back down the E. 180th, do the Dyre Line (station stops can be decided later on), and then get the Bx12 at Pelham Pkwy and take it to Fordham Road (:((D).

5. Where are we eating lunch? The most sensible place seems to be where the bus transfer is.

BTW, you don't have to be so specific in your description of the trip in terms of car type. All of the lines you're railfanning run a uniform fleet so instead of saying "a Westinghouse-Amrail R68 (D) train or a Kawasaki Heavy Industries R68A (D) train" you can just say "we take the (D)".

those are good suggestions but

1. I hate the Bx12 bus

2. I want to go to 36th Street not 62nd Street

3 Check the map. It goes there during Weekdays

1. I hate the Bx12 bus

1. The Bx12 will get us to the Concourse Line faster than the Bx22. We don't have to take it but if we are waiting for a bus and it comes first then we should take it. Either way it's your decision...

2. We can include a photo stop at 36th St. so everyone's happy...

3. OK

1. I hate the Bx12 bus

If you dont like the Bx12 you got:

the Bx22, W60/W62 Which heads to Concourse or near. But trust me the Bx12 +SBS is a LOT better then taking these lcl, you would be there in less then 10 Min. More like taking a subway along Fordham, the (12) train id say lol.

Also why do you wanna do 36th st, its underground, if you wanna tae gd shots take the (D)elta to 62nd

Also you can do Concourse Yd, just take the Bx22 thats the Paul bound and you get off at Bedford Pk Blvd, and you get a nice view when walking to Jerome Av

DaShane r u talkinga bout the White Castle bet Crotona and Huges sts. Not that im going just wondering

Archived