5025: Bus operator training (first two weeks)

Olegkha

bronxbomber2 I started the same day as you. What depot you in ?

Who was your instructor for first 7 and then the other 2 days ?

why are you hiding his name, you are not doing anything illegal by giving out his name.

How's everything coming a long with you at the depot?

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks man it's cool. out of 110 only 40 made it from all three divisions. The only downside and good things is I am still on 2 more bus operator list. The only downside is I have to wait 3 years to go back through.

So even though you are on a list for OA, you still cannot go back for B/O in ant MTA B/O position, until 3 years have passed correct???????

I might try to get a job driving with academy so i can be used to driving a bus and maing turns but im not giving up.

Don't give up, and go to Academy. You will learn to drive in Manhattan with them, unless they have you on a Jersey local route..........

I fell for you, I know you wanted that career path. As that saying goes, everything happens for a reason. As someone said, try Liberty Lines, or as you say you might do, do. Go to Academy........

bronxbomber2 I started the same day as you. What depot you in ?

Who was your instructor for first 7 and then the other 2 days ?

why are you hiding his name, you are not doing anything illegal by giving out his name.

i finished my line training in 7 days.. i was in nulmer park with Joe Ski. he was cool. i heard Boston is tough!!! im at Gun Hill depot in the bronx. A borough that lived in my whole life and i am familiar with. plus the people are not too bad in this depot. most of them are working class. im pretty sure u were in the same room as me

Are you sure you finished your line training in 7 days ?

Line training is 4 weeks or so

You finished training and qualified in 7 days :D, and then you were sent to Line training

Are you TA or OA

I am the only one from our class in Ulmer park depot right now

BTW Small update, The class of 6-08 finished their Line training and had their graduation already. I am class of 6-22 still in Line training, New class 7-5 ??? trainees came for their first days of line training, and Even never class came to drive a training bus.

Every driver I am with right now, keep telling me Take is Slow and make it back Safe. I try to keep up with schedule, but ... on some runs i am early and have to sit some where and wait for 5 minutes, but on some runs like today on B-36 we did 4 round trips, and at the end I was almost 10 minutes late, but on every leg of the trip there was 10 minutes or so to take a break, we never took that time, I had to drive non stop all 4 round trips, and still came back late ( 4 trips* 2 legs in each trip * 10 minutes on each end+10 minutes i was late at the end =90 minutes. Oiy )

The driver i was with sad He usualy late by 45 minutes at the end ( i was late twice that much, but its cool, no problem )

i finished my line training in 7 days.. i was in nulmer park with Joe Ski. he was cool. i heard Boston is tough!!! im at Gun Hill depot in the bronx. A borough that lived in my whole life and i am familiar with. plus the people are not too bad in this depot. most of them are working class. im pretty sure u were in the same room as me

Joe Ski is one funny guy. He did our Depot pick on our last day then actually thought a year later he could give me a random beeky ride and I wouldnt know it was him

Are you sure you finished your line training in 7 days ?

Line training is 4 weeks or so

You finished training and qualified in 7 days :D, and then you were sent to Line training

Are you TA or OA

I am the only one from our class in Ulmer park depot right now

BTW Small update, The class of 6-08 finished their Line training and had their graduation already. I am class of 6-22 still in Line training, New class 7-5 ??? trainees came for their first days of line training, and Even never class came to drive a training bus.

Every driver I am with right now, keep telling me Take is Slow and make it back Safe. I try to keep up with schedule, but ... on some runs i am early and have to sit some where and wait for 5 minutes, but on some runs like today on B-36 we did 4 round trips, and at the end I was almost 10 minutes late, but on every leg of the trip there was 10 minutes or so to take a break, we never took that time, I had to drive non stop all 4 round trips, and still came back late ( 4 trips* 2 legs in each trip * 10 minutes on each end+10 minutes i was late at the end =90 minutes. Oiy )

The driver i was with sad He usualy late by 45 minutes at the end ( i was late twice that much, but its cool, no problem )

Make sure you get out of the seat and stretch and walk the bus dont let these drivers intimidate you you have a right to get up and walk the bus.

Every driver w a student gets an extra 2 hours pay so if the mess w you say something. Next time your late tell him you gotta pee and take a personal so at least you can recover and they will put him in place

are you on the extra list or you got a run? gunhill is a good depot but very high senority...

FlushingFlash : Yep, I know that . They all try to take as much time as possible resting up :P

I was the one pushing to get there faster, to try to fix my lateness ( I know i did not have to do that ) but while i am with another driver I want to take all critic and help I can get, and i cannot get any if I am standing around stretching my legs.

But all of the drivers are nice ( at least to my face, who knows what they say behind my back )

FlushingFlash : Yep, I know that . They all try to take as much time as possible resting up ;)

I was the one pushing to get there faster, to try to fix my lateness ( I know i did not have to do that ) but while i am with another driver I want to take all critic and help I can get, and i cannot get any if I am standing around stretching my legs.

But all of the drivers are nice ( at least to my face, who knows what they say behind my back )

You fix NOTHING for 1st year......its your job not the seniors job hes off probation:mad:

I know that ;)

I was not pushing in trafic, i was only pushing through brake times, swing times, its cool

For those who follow training prosess, today I had MCI ( express) bus training , 20 minute driving that bus on the street and highway. tommorow i will be driving it in service... i am scared of the darn tunel, with those counter flow lanes . wish me luck. i know the bus fits there just fine, but until i drive there ones myself, the fear will not be gone.

I know that ;)

I was not pushing in trafic, i was only pushing through brake times, swing times, its cool

For those who follow training prosess, today I had MCI ( express) bus training , 20 minute driving that bus on the street and highway. tommorow i will be driving it in service... i am scared of the darn tunel, with those counter flow lanes . wish me luck. i know the bus fits there just fine, but until i drive there ones myself, the fear will not be gone.

Don't worry about the Tunnel The Access A Ride is wide but not as wide as the MCI the trick is to look staright AHEAD DO NOT ATTEMPT to look in the MIRRORS i'll admit sometimes i do to make sure im not close to the wall but you will know when u are too close because u will hear your tires rubbing against that little flap that sticks out before your mirror hits the wall

I know that ;)

MCI is about a 1 1/2 ft taller then the other buses, 45 ft in length, are you worried about breaking the right side mirror inside the tunnel? B)

Vertical clearance of the tunnel is 12ft,1 in, MCI is 11ft.5 in,:eek:. The length is about 1.7 miles, the longest continuous vehicular underwater tunnel in North America.

It's a friday in the middle of summer so traffic should be light, you will be all right.:tup:

Heh, light traffic ? rain will hold off ? HA on both counts.

1 and a half hour of over time for me today ( late slip )

I made it though the tunnel 3 times today ( 1 was counter flow ) it aint that bad ones you drive it ones, i took it very easy, 20 or so the first time around, the third time i think i went 30 or so. Trust me it aint difficult, just look in front of you, and don't waste your time with looking to the sides and back.

;)

Heh, light traffic ? rain will hold off ? HA on both counts.

1 and a half hour of over time for me today ( late slip )

I made it though the tunnel 3 times today ( 1 was counter flow ) it aint that bad ones you drive it ones, i took it very easy, 20 or so the first time around, the third time i think i went 30 or so. Trust me it aint difficult, just look in front of you, and don't waste your time with looking to the sides and back.

Just up to 30???? try slinging it counter flow at 50

I'll be honest if he was 1 of the best he would be a B/O.

O feel for him but your blowing smoke up his arse!

Please use your spell check also

FlushingFlash Relax I wasn't talking about you nor to you. You are free to feel what ever you like as to him being one of the best or not ( in your eyes) However your not free to dictate to me how to view him or any one else. and their abilities.

As to my spelling. I see you didn't have a problem reading what I said. In any case, Dear you are free not to read what I say on here to any one. because I'm sure I will miss spell something again. Every one makes mistakes even you. But I don't come on here to look for them. (It would be petty of me to do that to any one) I came on this site to learn and to be just as encouraging to everyone like they have been to & for me from the start. And it would be nice for it to remain that way. Please by all means have a lovelyday.

I thought the top speed was 45mph set by the speed governors, maybe the MCI's are set a bit higher?

Olegkha, Is it safe to assume that just about everybody pulls in later into the depot then what it says on their paddle?

There are so many reasons that a B/O can fall behind schedule, you must have been passed by your followers quite often during line training.

Once you are done with line training and you are on your own you will have 10 months to go for your probation. Driving in winter is more challenging with more hazards due to the weather.

I thought the top speed was 45mph set by the speed governors, maybe the MCI's are set a bit higher?

Olegkha, Is it safe to assume that just about everybody pulls in later into the depot then what it says on their paddle?

There are so many reasons that a B/O can fall behind schedule, you must have been passed by your followers quite often during line training.

Once you are done with line training and you are on your own you will have 10 months to go for your probation. Driving in winter is more challenging with more hazards due to the weather.

Some of them do, some don't, the bus i had yesterday on highway went 50-55 easy, i did not push it any higher, so i don't know if it had a governor.

No , it is not safe to assume that, Usually every one pulls in right on time, or with in couple of minutes of their time, but while in training and on probation no one will expect you to adhere to the schedule ( except late pull out... that's the only thing you will get in trouble for )

I do get passed by followers a lot of times, and that helps to drive down the street with out stopping, to try to get back on schedule. BUT some times ( like yesterday ) you get a dumb ass follower who will stay behind and not pass, not help out. and would only pass 1 stop before the last stop.

I had people all the way to the white line, he had 5 - 6 people in the bus. I don't understand why there are drivers that play that stupid ass game. (He literally stopped at every stop behind me while none was there, he would catch all lights, just to make sure he would not pass me until the last stop in down town , right before the tunnel.)

I am sure i will never play a game like that on any one in my future

After Line training there will be 10.5 month of probation not 10 like you sad ( every day counts ;) ) by the winter time i will have 6 month or so experience, so it will be just a bit easier for me to survive winter, plus the same rules will still be in effect " DRIVE SAFE " so driving slow is OK

Some of them do, some don't, the bus i had yesterday on highway went 50-55 easy, i did not push it any higher, so i don't know if it had a governor.

No , it is not safe to assume that, Usually every one pulls in right on time, or with in couple of minutes of their time, but while in training and on probation no one will expect you to adhere to the schedule ( except late pull out... that's the only thing you will get in trouble for )

I do get passed by followers a lot of times, and that helps to drive down the street with out stopping, to try to get back on schedule. BUT some times ( like yesterday ) you get a dumb ass follower who will stay behind and not pass, not help out. and would only pass 1 stop before the last stop.

I had people all the way to the white line, he had 5 - 6 people in the bus. I don't understand why there are drivers that play that stupid ass game. (He literally stopped at every stop behind me while none was there, he would catch all lights, just to make sure he would not pass me until the last stop in down town , right before the tunnel.)

I am sure i will never play a game like that on any one in my future

After Line training there will be 10.5 month of probation not 10 like you sad ( every day counts ;) ) by the winter time i will have 6 month or so experience, so it will be just a bit easier for me to survive winter, plus the same rules will still be in effect " DRIVE SAFE " so driving slow is OK

Ok what line where you operating yesterday the X27, X28 or X29 next time flag the stop he'd pick up the rest dont be afraid u have a defense your bus was SRO just open the doors let the Passengers know there are no more seats and keep it moving if they want to get on and stand the whole ride then thats a chance they take

Thats right,Press that F3 button on the fare box (Flagged Bus Stop) enter in your sign key pad code 11 which will put up NEXT BUS PLEASE and keep it moving. I would bet money that driver was laughing the whole time you took that beating, But to be fare he might have been running to his paddle.

Archived