R46 (C) Train, When will it happen?

ctrain

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's about time the (C) becomes a mixed package! They should have lengthened the trains to 600' when the Slants/Mods/R42s were all on the (A) and (C), but they decided to do otherwise.

Dec of this year. Also you do not need less than 200 R32s to run R46s on the C; most trains are short, while long are full length.

For some reason I don't see the math behind why less than 200 R32s will require the (C) to be full-length. Can someone explain that to me?

For some reason I don't see the math behind why less than 200 R32s will require the (C) to be full-length. Can someone explain that to me?

Less than 200 R32s can have the T/A put 10 car trains instead of 8 car trains without any remainders. My point of view is that the T/A can run both full length and 8 car trains in the same time before there are less that 200 R32s remaining with the R46s coming in.

Less than 200 R32s can have the T/A put 10 car trains instead of 8 car trains without any remainders. My point of view is that the T/A can run both full length and 8 car trains in the same time before there are less that 200 R32s remaining with the R46s coming in.

Ahh, that makes perfect sense. Then surely but steadily, the (C) will be 600'. Thanks!

So once the R32 is gone the R46 will be the only car on the (C)?

Well the (C) will be using the same equipment the (A) does, which will be R44s and R46s. No question as to whether the R160s will make their way to the (A) and (C) anytime soon.

I was wondering when the R46 will begin running on the (C). (Approx)

Thanks-A-Billion!

The (C) will be only R46's Late this year (Fall-Winter)

The (A) will have the ©'s R32's with a Mix a R44's

The R32's will be Retirerd by 2010 (LAST TO GO), I have a Source for this that I will not Bring Up.

The R32's will be Retirerd by 2010 (LAST TO GO), I have a Source for this that I will not Bring Up.

Wait, only R46s? I thought the (C) would have 8 and 10-car R32 consists when there are less than 200 of them at 207th! So will the (C) have a mixed package of cars then?

Well the (C) will be using the same equipment the (A) does, which will be R44s and R46s. No question as to whether the R160s will make their way to the (A) and (C) anytime soon.

R160s are only going to Jamaica Yard until the end of the order.

Wait, only R46s? I thought the (C) would have 8 and 10-car R32 consists when there are less than 200 of them at 207th! So will the (C) have a mixed package of cars then?

When there is less than 200 cars, then that means R32s cannot run on the (C) in 8-car trains because there aren't enough cars + spares. That means they have to run in 10-car trains. That's when it'll have a mixed package. I think the change will be all of them will run in 10-car sets, not one at a time. I don't know why a train would run with two different-lengthed types of trains.

R160s are only going to Jamaica Yard until the end of the order.

When there is less than 200 cars, then that means R32s cannot run on the (C) in 8-car trains because there aren't enough cars + spares. That means they have to run in 10-car trains. That's when it'll have a mixed package. I think the change will be all of them will run in 10-car sets, not one at a time. I don't know why a train would run with two different-lengthed types of trains.

But this means that extra cars will have to come from somewhere because if the (C) is expanded to 10 cars, then there will be less trainsets. Maybe this will be a good time to put the remaining R40Ms/R42s from Jamaica back to Pitkin, unless Jamaica is willing to send over more R46s and is getting a surplus of R160s then.

Thanks for the info, I can't wait to ride R32's on the (A). (I know there are a few sets, but its impossible to find).

the last couple of weekends i have going up central park west on the (D) train and i have seen many 32s on the (A) train more of them the 32s then the 44s or 46s i think the (A) is becoming more and more 32s
Are you sure? The R46s still have yet to debut on the C. Also, the A runs with the D during weekends on the express track.

But this means that extra cars will have to come from somewhere because if the (C) is expanded to 10 cars, then there will be less trainsets. Maybe this will be a good time to put the remaining R40Ms/R42s from Jamaica back to Pitkin, unless Jamaica is willing to send over more R46s and is getting a surplus of R160s then.

Pitkin isn't getting the R40Ms/R42s back. The R40s will be gone by the end of the summer and the R42s are staying at Jamaica until retirement. I don't know what will happen with the (C) train but Jamaica will likely have a surplus of cars and send over more R46s to balance out (C) service when it becomes 10 cars long.

as more 160s arrive at jamaice, Pitkin/207 will receive more 46s.

i personally saw 4 r32 sets on the (A) this afternoon heading to work.

My question is, and i have yet to get an answer even from my friends within the (MTA) is, why did the (C) run 8-car sets in the first place? it cant be cause of passenger demand cause overnights(and on some weekends) the (A) replaces it and i dont see them reducing train lenths since the early 90s when they tried out running 4-car sets of 44s during winter weekends.

Archived