R46 (C) Train, When will it happen?

ctrain

They're not your R68As...

just cuz i didnt buy them doesnt mean theyre not mine! lol. i just love those cars.

Lol, "not your R68As"..

YES THEY ARE!!!! lmao. how did u like the map i sent u?

QB is never becoming all R160s. The (E) yes, the (F) maybe, but the (R) and (V), no.

idk lately i been seeing alot of New R160's, and from wat i hear from most conductors on the (F) line, the (R)(V) might also be getting R160's, but its not definite yet.

my question is, whats gonna happen when they retire the R32/R40M/R42's off the (V)? Are they gonna put R46's back on the (V), or another fleet will be assigned to the (V)?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
idk lately i been seeing alot of New R160's, and from wat i hear from most conductors on the (F) line, the (R)(V) might also be getting R160's, but its not definite yet.

my question is, whats gonna happen when they retire the R32/R40M/R42's off the (V)? Are they gonna put R46's back on the (V), or another fleet will be assigned to the (V)?

The (R) and (V) might both get R160s, it is possible. Right now the (E) is all R160 and the (F) is 1/3 R160. What's going to happen is: as each new R160 comes in, they enter service on the (F) and send an R46 to the (R) or (V). So eventually the (F) will be mostly R160 and the (R) and (V) won't have any more SMEE's. There's also not enough R160s ordered to make every QB line all R160, given no other R160s in the system are transferred to Jamaica.

Well the (G) is supposed to get R160s (when I don't know) and the (A) and the (C) will have all R46s when Queens Boulevard becomes all-R160. However, the order that QB lines would get R160s is what I'm not too sure about.

The A/C will one day become all R46. But before I turn this into an R179 thread, I have to mention that the R179 plays a role in it.

This is a R46 (C) train Thread, Not an Thread about the R160's, We already know that the R32's are going to stay on the (C) until retirement and The (C) will only have 1 set of R46's, By the way 6118-6121 is at 207th st yard for training and that set belongs to the 207th st yard.

This is a R46 (C) train Thread, Not an Thread about the R160's, We already know that the R32's are going to stay on the (C) until retirement and The (C) will only have 1 set of R46's, By the way 6118-6121 is at 207th st yard for training and that set belongs to the 207th st yard.

Well put Chris, the R32s have alot of good use. The R32 will last till at least April, if not longer. The R42s are next in line. Sure the R32s will widdle down with R46s but at least the R32s are doing a great job on the (C). The (A) line will also share some R44s if the headways are too far apart from what I'm understanding. But those train will be (A) crews on a (C) train and it would probably change back to a (A) at 168th.

So the (C) will remain 99% eight car R32 Brightliners (with one-eight car set of R46s) until the R32s retirement?

Would the (A) then become R44 and R46?

So the (C) will remain 99% eight car R32 Brightliners (with one-eight car set of R46s) until the R32s retirement?

Until there's enough R32s to form 10 car trains, the R46s still have yet to venture on the C. And yes, the A will be mostly R44 with R46s supplementing.

The (C): 95% 10 Car R32's,5% R46 8 car sets

Also Jamaica might have to give up their remaining R32's to 207th st yard so the (C) can be 10 cars, If they made the (C) 10 Car R32's now, You would not have spares, So That's why the (C) is not 10 cars yet.

This would be My Idea:

I would send The Remaining 42 R32's from jamaica to 207th st yard

making a total of 248 R32's, Then when the (C) goes 10 cars with an R46 to add-on to the (C), I would send 50 (in order Highest Numberd) R32's to ENY, Those 50 R42's would go to 207th st yard for (C) service for a little while as they replace those 50 R42's with R46's from Jamaica, while Jamaica gets more r160's, The reason why I put this in my idea because This would make perfect sence to do this, And this would be easy for 207th to Replace those R42's for reefing.

from what i heard, R40, R40M and R42's were taken off the (C) because of people running on the platform trying to catch the train, and also the conductors section of the train wasnt in the right place? (something like that).

which is also why R32's were transfered to the (A)(C), R40's were on the (A), and R40M's/R42's were sent to the (E)(F)(R)(V).

but i bet if they placed 10 car R40, R40M or R42's on the (C), there wouldnt be a problem.

idk, im just going by from what i heard, but is that the reason why the R40, R40M's and R42's were taken off the (C)?

Honestly, I highly doubt the 32s are going to ENY to replace the 42s there. Those 32s running in (C) service are in bad shape. I'm pretty sure the 42s at ENY are in better shape than those 32s running on the (C) right now.

There are NO R32s going to ENY ever!!! So whoever said that is lying. It would be pointless to move the 32s over there when they're gonna be replaced in a couple of months with the 160s.

And the 42s are in bad shape, just like the 32s.

And so with that I can't wait until the C gets the R46s.

I am going to tell you all straght up, 1 The R32's are not in bad shape, They just need to keep a Small amount of them, ENY will mostlikely get the R32's due to the fact that those R42's are rusting very badly, The R32's are in very good shape and from what I heard the (C) will still be mostly R32's with 1 set of R46's until they start retireing R32's, The R44's are in bad shape , so Whoever hates the R32's deal with the simple fact that the R32's are the Best DAMN Subway Car that NYCT has right now when it becomes to the 60 foot SMEE's, And Newsflash, The R42's are the same as the Phase II R32's, They have the same motors but the only differince is the brake pakages. So Those R42's brakedown as much as the Phase II's did, Westinghouse sucks anyway. The Phase I R32's are much better because their GE but have westinghouse Prpulsion system, So quit whining and see what happens, and somebody already metion this besides me and that person is not a Foamer.

That's the reason! However, R42s are very troublesome to operate and maintain b/c of their chronic problems. For this reason, Pitkin doesn't want the R42s back. I bet you that 207th would prefer to reef them, than store them.

True, Pitkin is 100% 75 footers with 6 school cars and 5 work trains (4 SMEE's) and an R30.

207th however would take them for a while then scrap them are just send them to scrap.

what I said before did make sence.

I doubt that the A/C operators would even want to operate R42s again after all those door and motor problems.

It's not like this was the reason the R42s were taken off the (A)/©. If they had changed the C/R's position the (C) would not have had any problems with the R40s and R42s.

from what i heard, R40, R40M and R42's were taken off the (C) because of people running on the platform trying to catch the train, and also the conductors section of the train wasnt in the right place? (something like that).

which is also why R32's were transfered to the (A)(C), R40's were on the (A), and R40M's/R42's were sent to the (E)(F)(R)(V).

but i bet if they placed 10 car R40, R40M or R42's on the (C), there wouldnt be a problem.

idk, im just going by from what i heard, but is that the reason why the R40, R40M's and R42's were taken off the (C)?

You are correct.

That's the reason! However, R42s are very troublesome to operate and maintain b/c of their chronic problems. For this reason, Pitkin doesn't want the R42s back. I bet you that 207th would prefer to reef them, than store them.

The R42s are not in as bad of a shape as you're making them out to be. The reason they have such "chronic" problems, as you put it, is because they are not being maintained properly at Jamaica since they'll be headed for the reef in the very near future.

this is why i could not believe (NYCT) was considering leaving them in service until 2015, though i never really hated them until the started on the (A) and (E).

Honestly, I highly doubt the 32s are going to ENY to replace the 42s there. Those 32s running in (C) service are in bad shape. I'm pretty sure the 42s at ENY are in better shape than those 32s running on the (C) right now.

:tdown: for this post.

There are NO R32s going to ENY ever!!! So whoever said that is lying. It would be pointless to move the 32s over there when they're gonna be replaced in a couple of months with the 160s.

And the 42s are in bad shape, just like the 32s.

And so with that I can't wait until the C gets the R46s.

the R32s are NOT in bad shape. they are still one of the best cars in the system. it is not pointless to transfer cars that are currently retiring if they are in better shape than another retiring car type. they did that to the R42s back in 2008, taking them from ENY to Jamaica and Pitkin to retire the R38s, R40s, and Phase II R32s, which backfired very badly because riders on the (A)(C)(E)(F)(R)(V) have all expressed extreme disapproval for those cars. a line switching from R32s to R46s is a big downgrade just like the (E), but too bad it has to happen to the (C) now.

I am going to tell you all straght up, 1 The R32's are not in bad shape, They just need to keep a Small amount of them, ENY will mostlikely get the R32's due to the fact that those R42's are rusting very badly, The R32's are in very good shape and from what I heard the (C) will still be mostly R32's with 1 set of R46's until they start retireing R32's, The R44's are in bad shape , so Whoever hates the R32's deal with the simple fact that the R32's are the Best DAMN Subway Car that NYCT has right now when it becomes to the 60 foot SMEE's, And Newsflash, The R42's are the same as the Phase II R32's, They have the same motors but the only differince is the brake pakages. So Those R42's brakedown as much as the Phase II's did, Westinghouse sucks anyway. The Phase I R32's are much better because their GE but have westinghouse Prpulsion system, So quit whining and see what happens, and somebody already metion this besides me and that person is not a Foamer.

even though i still refuse to believe R32s are going to ENY to displace the R42s, i really hope that happens if the remaining four-car R160A sets get delivered after the last five-car sets because the R42s keep getting worse and worse as the weeks go by. i get headaches just looking at their rusted car bodies and ugly interiors. i cannot stand seeing them in service past December. the R44s were never meant to be replaced by the R160s, but i was hoping (NYCT) would retire them in place of the R32s considering how crappy they are as well. oh well, hopefully, Option II would also retire the worst of the R44s in addition to all remaining R32s and R42s and let Option III go through if possible.

this is why i could not believe (NYCT) was considering leaving them in service until 2015. they are one of the worst cars ever built.

Since when did the (MTA) ever consider this?

the R32s are NOT in bad shape. they are still one of the best cars in the system. it is not pointless to transfer cars that are currently retiring if they are in better shape than another retiring car type. they did that to the R42s back in 2008, taking them from ENY to Jamaica and Pitkin to retire the R38s, R40s, and Phase II R32s, which backfired very badly because riders on the (A)(C)(E)(F)(R)(V) have all expressed extreme disapproval for those cars. a line switching from R32s to R46s is a big downgrade just like the (E), but too bad it has to happen to the (C) now.

Can you for once try and see things from a normal passenger's POV? Riders did not express extreme disapproval towards the R42s. Riders on the (A)(C) thought of them the same way they thought of the R32s. Riders on the (E) HATED the R32s, but of couse you'll never understand that because you think they're the best cars ever built. (E) riders hated the R32s, especially after last summer. And a line switching from R32s to R46s is a huge UPGRADE as the ride quality on an R46 is superior to that of an R32, from a passenger's perspective.

even though i still refuse to believe R32s are going to ENY to displace the R42s, i really hope that happens if the remaining four-car R160A sets get delivered after the last five-car sets because the R42s keep getting worse and worse as the weeks go by. i get headaches just looking at their rusted car bodies and ugly interiors. i cannot stand seeing them in service past December. the R44s were never meant to be replaced by the R160s, but i was hoping (NYCT) would retire them in place of the R32s considering how crappy they are as well. oh well, hopefully, Option II would also retire the worst of the R44s in addition to all remaining R32s and R42s and let Option III go through if possible.

Option II isn't retiring any R44s, and Option III isn't even in the MTA capital program so it's obvious that the (MTA) isn't ordering them. I also don't understand why you continue to flat out hate the R44s. Would you hate them if you never heard anyone say anything bad about them and one pulled up on the (F)?

Whether you like it or not, the R42s are retiring in 2010. There are 180 +/- cars in service and it's really hard to retire them within four months since the R160 order is really slow (only five cars are delivered a week). It's gonna take a long time to retire the R42s, and a REALLY long time to retire the R32s if delivery continues at that pace.

STOP FIGHTING OVER WHICH TRAINS YOU LIKE BETTER. We all have our preferences and we're sick of hearing the same people posting over and over...and over...and over...and over...and over again about the same 3 or 4 car classes and why they "like" or "dont like" them. WE HEARD YOU THE FIRST TIME. Old stuff is going to go. Ride it while you can if you want to. Don't if you don't care. But stop offering unwanted opinions just to contradict others and waste time debating the SOS (same old shit) over and over again.

And unless you're a car inspector or operator, PLEASE stop trying to comment on car maintenance when you don't know what you're talking about. Trust me some of these posts are laughable. If you can't tell a grid resistor from an armature, odds are whatever you're saying isn't particularly relevant to how well the car is actually performing.

Signed,

Everyone else who is passing through this thread

Since when did the (MTA) ever consider this?

someone kept saying this to me and i actually believed him since Option II, which was originally meant to retire the R40M/42s together, was not finalized until November 2008.

Can you for once try and see things from a normal passenger's POV? Riders did not express extreme disapproval towards the R42s. Riders on the (A)(C) thought of them the same way they thought of the R32s. Riders on the (E) HATED the R32s, but of couse you'll never understand that because you think they're the best cars ever built. (E) riders hated the R32s, especially after last summer. And a line switching from R32s to R46s is a huge UPGRADE as the ride quality on an R46 is superior to that of an R32, from a passenger's perspective.

no, i never will understand any of this.

Option II isn't retiring any R44s, and Option III isn't even in the MTA capital program so it's obvious that the (MTA) isn't ordering them. I also don't understand why you continue to flat out hate the R44s. Would you hate them if you never heard anyone say anything bad about them and one pulled up on the (F)?

no, i hated the R44s since the first time i rode them because i thought they looked really ugly inside and out and everytime i rode on them afterwards, something has to malfunction like the doors, air-conditioners, side signs, the list goes on.

Whether you like it or not, the R42s are retiring in 2010. There are 180 +/- cars in service and it's really hard to retire them within four months since the R160 order is really slow (only five cars are delivered a week). It's gonna take a long time to retire the R42s, and a REALLY long time to retire the R32s if delivery continues at that pace.

ill stop here.

STOP FIGHTING OVER WHICH TRAINS YOU LIKE BETTER. We all have our preferences and we're sick of hearing the same people posting over and over...and over...and over...and over...and over again about the same 3 or 4 car classes and why they "like" or "dont like" them. WE HEARD YOU THE FIRST TIME. Old stuff is going to go. Ride it while you can if you want to. Don't if you don't care. But stop offering unwanted opinions just to contradict others and waste time debating the SOS (same old shit) over and over again.

And unless you're a car inspector or operator, PLEASE stop trying to comment on car maintenance when you don't know what you're talking about. Trust me some of these posts are laughable. If you can't tell a grid resistor from an armature, odds are whatever you're saying isn't particularly relevant to how well the car is actually performing.

Signed,

Everyone else who is passing through this thread

Not a bad post. I hope many of the people who this is directed at will take the advice.

Archived