Train Color change

What are you talking about the(MTA)got money tons of it you just dont know anything about it but they could buy new eco and hybrid buses but I know their broke I understand that sure I do look (MTA)got plenty of money so let's stop acting like we know nothing .

And how do you know that? Just because they're getting new buses? Those buses were already paid for a while ago when those contracts were signed. They're just being delivered now. And besides, there's a need for them to replace buses that could just die any day now. There's no need to make the subway a freaking kaleidoscope of color that will just confuse everyone.

How about we just go back to 1968 or 1978 when all the lines had their own color? (A)(D)(G)(L)(N)(2) retained their colors and were carried over to the current map.

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/caption.pl?/img/maps/calcagno-1968-system.gif

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/caption.pl?/img/maps/calcagno-1978-system.gif

(NJT) :nec: :septa:

Hell yeh just look at this map (68) you had A gray (M) the (G)(G) (Q6)(;) was black the (K)(K) was there (Q)(J) nice by the way A green (S)(S) I saw to Dyre Ave so as you can see this proves that change has come . Thanks for posting this really (K)<R>

Yes, let's have the MTA spend money printing new material with new colored route signs, especially right now while they are having money issues. Lets also confuse everyone by changing things.

So true, like you think tourist or New Yorkers would understand the bs change. Plus i bet Albany aint paying for this LOL

How about we just go back to 1968 or 1978 when all the lines had their own color? (A)(D)(G)(L)(N)(2) retained their colors and were carried over to the current map.

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/caption.pl?/img/maps/calcagno-1968-system.gif

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/caption.pl?/img/maps/calcagno-1978-system.gif

(NJT) :nec: :septa:

You have no idea how confusing this scheme was. The current color system make sit so easier to identify a line, just based on its color. You could be in Brooklyn trying to get to Sixth Avenue. If you hop on the (;), you know you'll get to where you need to go along Sixth Avenue without any worries.

And how do you know that? Just because they're getting new buses? Those buses were already paid for a while ago when those contracts were signed. They're just being delivered now. And besides, there's a need for them to replace buses that could just die any day now. There's no need to make the subway a freaking kaleidoscope of color that will just confuse everyone.
go take a look at that 1968 map and stop whining alright (MTA)cries poverty and that's all to it if we were broke then the system would go through dramatic system wide shut-downs but I don't see that I see alot of other things going up and etc. so keep looking at the TV

This topic is so damn lame. No offense:

-(MTA) has hardly any money to make crap a$$ changes with the color of the routes. The (MTA) had to get aid from albany cuz of the economy. Otherwise we'd all be in hell now, with bad service for 2009 and beyond! Thats why we also got a raise in fare by Quarter for regular and a dime for reduced, etc..

-We dont want to confuse passengers who are ether tourist or everyday riders.

Thats why in 1979 the (NYCT) had made a change to the colors of the routes, to its current by its Main Line, to make it easier to get around the city. Unlike before that which it was colors and way before just lines (Ex. IND Concourse, IRT Lexington avenue, BMT Sea Beach, etc).

More changes came in the mid-80s with the elimination of Double lettering which made Local and Special trains havd double letters for the IND (Ex. (AA)= (K), <CC> = (C), (LL)=(L) etc)

And then 2005, (MTA) drops the use of Diamond services as special part time service, instead made them Express service <6> Pelham Exp, <7> Flushing Exp

Image all that right now (Excluding the Diamond), we would be confusing passangers right now. No one would bother riding the system. So lets all settle down you know. If you want all this, well come up with over $1 Billion dollars and donate it to the (MTA)... Simple as that..

All color changes aside, the MTA and DOT pisses away money like its no tomorrow. Didnt they just waste $4 million dollars renaming the tri-borough bridge after Robert F. Kennedy? And the purpous of this was?
To waste the money they so called don't have why in the world would you spend 4 million on A bridge change but O I forgot there broke . (K)<R>

go take a look at that 1968 map and stop whining alright (MTA)cries poverty and that's all to it if we were broke then the system would go through dramatic system wide shut-downs but I don't see that I see alot of other things going up and etc. so keep looking at the TV

Um, there's a reason they don't have that color system now. See below.

-(MTA) has hardly any money to make crap a$$ changes with the color of the routes. The (MTA) had to get aid from albany cuz of the economy. Otherwise we'd all be in hell now, with bad service for 2009 and beyond! Thats why we also got a raise in fare by Quarter for regular and a dime for reduced, etc..

Thats why in 1979 the (NYCT) had made a change to the colors of the routes, to its current by its Main Line, to make it easier to get around the city. Unlike before that which it was colors and way before just lines (Ex. IND Concourse, IRT Lexington avenue, BMT Sea Beach, etc).

More changes came in the mid-80s with the elimination of Double lettering which made Local and Special trains havd double letters for the IND (Ex. (AA)= (K), <CC> = (C), (LL)=(L) etc)

And then 2005, (MTA) drops the use of Diamond services as special part time service, instead made them Express service <6> Pelham Exp, <7> Flushing Exp

Image all that right now (Excluding the Diamond), we would be confusing passangers right now. No one would bother riding the system. So lets all settle down you know. If you want all this, well come up with over $1 Billion dollars and donate it to the (MTA)... Simple as that..

The subway isn't about aesthetics. It's about organization and getting people where they want to go. The current color system works. Simple as that.

Um, there's a reason they don't have that color system now. See below.

The subway isn't about aesthetics. It's about organization and getting people where they want to go. The current color system works. Simple as that.

Thats what im saying. Why confuse people with a bunch of colors instead we can make everything easy..

Ahhhh I donate enough it's called working for the system what can you contribute hmmm A unlimited Metrocard

Ahhhh I donate enough it's called working for the system what can you contribute hmmm A unlimited Metrocard

All I can say now is, get rid of the condescending attitude and the sarcasm. You think you're all that just because you work for Transit and we don't? Remember, the money we put into the system pays your salary.

Maybe in a fantasy world these colors would be nice, but in today's world, it just wouldn't be practical.

Archived