Steve McNair found shot to death

Rutgers Tube

This story broke my heart just now when I read it:

Updated: July 4, 2009, 5:10 PM ET

Report: McNair found dead

Former Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair has been killed, a source has confirmed to ESPN.com.

McNair, 36, suffered a fatal gunshot wound to the head in downtown Nashville, police spokesperson Don Aaron said. A female victim was also found dead. Aaron said the woman has not been identified, pending notification of next of kin.

The incident happened near 2nd South & Lea Ave in Nashville.

McNair played 13 seasons in the NFL, 11 were with the Titans. He played his final two years with the Baltimore Ravens, retiring after the 2007 season.

"We are saddened and shocked to hear the news of Steve McNair's passing today," Titans owner K.S. "Bud" Aadams Jr. said in a statement. "He was one of the finest players to play for our organization and one of the most beloved players by our fans. He played with unquestioned heart and leadership and led us to places that we had never reached, including our only Super Bowl. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family as they deal with his untimely passing."

McNair was picked third overall in the 1995 draft out of Alcorn State by the then Houston Oilers.

Steve McNair was a really down-to-earth, tough-as-nails class act and a true competitor. This is so unfortunate, and although all the details have yet to emerge, after several fatal incidents within the past few years, I can see why some athletes have taken measures to protect themselves. Regardless, my condolences go to his family, and may the man forever rest in peace. :cry:

This story broke my heart just now when I read it:

Updated: July 4, 2009, 5:10 PM ET

Report: McNair found dead

Former Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair has been killed, a source has confirmed to ESPN.com.

McNair, 36, suffered a fatal gunshot wound to the head in downtown Nashville, police spokesperson Don Aaron said. A female victim was also found dead. Aaron said the woman has not been identified, pending notification of next of kin.

The incident happened near 2nd South & Lea Ave in Nashville.

McNair played 13 seasons in the NFL, 11 were with the Titans. He played his final two years with the Baltimore Ravens, retiring after the 2007 season.

"We are saddened and shocked to hear the news of Steve McNair's passing today," Titans owner K.S. "Bud" Aadams Jr. said in a statement. "He was one of the finest players to play for our organization and one of the most beloved players by our fans. He played with unquestioned heart and leadership and led us to places that we had never reached, including our only Super Bowl. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family as they deal with his untimely passing."

McNair was picked third overall in the 1995 draft out of Alcorn State by the then Houston Oilers.

Steve McNair was a really down-to-earth, tough-as-nails class act and a true competitor. This is so unfortunate, and although all the details have yet to emerge, after several fatal incidents within the past few years, I can see why some athletes have taken measures to protect themselves. Regardless, my condolences go to his family, and may the man forever rest in peace. :cry:

That is very sad. I am not a Titans aka formely Houston Oilers fan but i did like McNair. To me McNair is similar to a recent Phil Simms not a pretty-throwing or gifted QB

but did whatever it took to make his team win.

McNair is a 'boderline' pick for the hall of fame but he gone too soon. Another day in which celebrity dies tragic and so young. RIP McNair.:cry:

Hey Rutgers was McNair gunshot death a 'murder' or sucide?

Looks like the girl he was with might have snapped or something, new reports are saying McNair was shot multiple times and the woman was shot once and the gun was found next to her. She must have been pissed that he wasn't leaving his wife for her from what I'm guessing.

That is what he gets for messing around with a 20 yr old. Even at that age,those kind of women are nothing but trouble. He must have said or done something to get shot multiple times,this guy isn't really the "great all around guy" that others paint him to be. Why feel sorry for him?

300 lb defensive linemen couldn't take McNair down,but a 120 lb gold digger woman did just that.

That is what he gets for messing around with a 20 yr old. Even at that age,those kind of women are nothing but trouble. He must have said or done something to get shot multiple times,this guy isn't really the "great all around guy" that others paint him to be. Why feel sorry for him?

300 lb defensive linemen couldn't take McNair down,but a 120 lb gold digger woman did just that.

I don't think that validates him at all getting shot and killed. Even if he was cheating on his wife.

Anyway, RIP to Steve McNair. I thought he was a prety good quarterback especially when he led the titans to the super bowl. I really wanted them to win that year.

I don't think that validates him at all getting shot and killed. Even if he was cheating on his wife.

Anyway, RIP to Steve McNair. I thought he was a prety good quarterback especially when he led the titans to the super bowl. I really wanted them to win that year.

Ditto.

Your crazy dude, no one deserves to get shot to death just for messing around with a young chick. Yeah its a dumb thing to do especially when you are married and can severly mess you up with your wife or financially but no one deserves to get killed over trying to get some tail.

Your crazy dude, no one deserves to get shot to death just for messing around with a young chick. Yeah its a dumb thing to do especially when you are married and can severly mess you up with your wife or financially but no one deserves to get killed over trying to get some tail.

An update on the woman who was with McNair. Its from Newschannel 5 the Nashville CBS station.

Police Release Identity of Woman Found Dead with McNair

Posted: July 4, 2009 11:08 PM EDT

NASHVILLE, Tenn.- Saturday Metro police announced that former Titan Steve McNair was murdered. Police also reported that a female was murdered.

NewsChannel 5 Investigates learned Saturday night that there was a bizarre incident involving McNair and that young woman who was also found dead with him Saturday. That woman was arrested two days ago on DUI charges.

NewsChannel5's chief investigative reporter Phil Williams dug up the arrest documents and uncovered a connection McNair had to the woman.

The young woman, Sahel Kazemi, was arrested just before 2 a.m. Thursday after an officer spotted her speeding down Broadway. Kazemi was driving a black, 2007 Cadillac Escalade that, according to public records, she owned along with McNair. McNair was in the vehicle at the time Kazemi was pulled over; however, he was not charged with anything and was allowed to leave. He left in a taxi.

The vehicle is registered at the address of McNair's restaurant on Jefferson Street.

According to the arrest affidavit, Kazemi's "eyes were bloodshot and watery. She had an obvious odor of an alcoholic beverage coming from her breath but denied any consumption." According to the police report, "She said she was not drunk but high."

Click here to read the arresting officer's affidavit

Kazemi was arrested by the same officer who arrested McNair on DUI charges in 2003. That officer's name is Shawn Taylor. The 2003 case was thrown out after a judge ruled Taylor did not have probable cause to stop McNair.

According to public records, Kazemi moved to Nashville from Orange Park, Fla.

The bonding company that bailed her out refused to say if McNair was on the one who posted her bond.

In a press conference, Don Aaron with Metro Police said McNair was shot multiple times, and Kazemi was shot once in the head.

McNair was found seated on the couch. Kazemi was found on the floor in the living room with a pistol near her body.

Kazemi was an employee of Dave and Busters at Opry Mills mall.

c)2009 CBS-TV, Inc.

Archived