Any Chance of an R68 on the (C)?

ctrain

Every One Hates The R68? Why

We don't hate them, we just don't want the Fulton/8th Avenue to end up with the oldest fleet again after the R46s on the line retire. I love the R68/As, but they are much more enjoyable on the lines that they started on like the B, D, and Q. I miss them on the N very much actually.

We don't hate them, we just don't want the Fulton/8th Avenue to end up with the oldest fleet again after the R46s on the line retire. I love the R68/As, but they are much more enjoyable on the lines that they started on like the B, D, and Q. I miss them on the N very much actually.

I would hate it if the (A)(C) gets old cars again, but the R44 and R46 aren't retiring anytime soon. Besides, how would R68s make it the oldest fleet, I thought R62s are older?

I would hate it if the (A)(C) gets old cars again, but the R44 and R46 aren't retiring anytime soon. Besides, how would R68s make it the oldest fleet, I thought R62s are older?

R68s will be the oldest on the B Division when the R44s and R46s go.

So what exactly does the (MTA) plan to run on the (C) after the R32s retire?

Who knows, train buffs who want to act like a know-it-all spreads aroudn rumors, and so and so, so we have to wait and see, unless, of course so (MTA) source tells us the model that will run after the (C).

Who knows, maybe another large order designated beyond the R179 would replace the R46 and feature much cooler tech!! I'm pro-transversed seats only on the fleets newer than the R160.

Thats not going to happen. T/O's have told us on this forum that the R179 is specifically for Queens Blvd express service. That means no seats in the middle B cars. So for the cars that have seats, they wouldn't put transversal seats because they take up more room than regular benches, and they need as much room as possible on Queens blvd.

I understand you love transversal seating (I do as well) but you have to understand that its not happening with the R179.

Archived